Re: Cardwell gone

Unread post by WXAPP » Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:09 pm

Nick.JPG
Nic2.JPG
Twitter: @wxcrum

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:34 pm

Is Clark next? Is he going to rebuild App at Louisville?

Mjohn1988
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:35 pm

Coach Clark really has his hands full. Poor guy didn’t get a honeymoon period at all.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:50 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:35 pm
Coach Clark really has his hands full. Poor guy didn’t get a honeymoon period at all.
I like Nic but we can upgrade there. I'm not concerned about losses because we are an attractive place to be. Part of being a good head coach is finding good coaches so Shawn is really being tested in this aspect of the job. This could all end up being good for everyone. Sometimes a change of scenery or fresh faces can do a lot of good.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:19 pm

Below head coach, a certain amount of assistants move to different opportunities at many schools. At the G5 level, if the assistant is good, they move to the P5 level where compensation is better. We have only been a FBS school for a relatively short period of time. In the early years in FBS, our program was trying to establish itself. As such, although our coaches were good, they had to prove themselves for a longer period of time before P5 came calling. We are now a known quantity and our outstanding results make us ripe to have coaches get offers at P5 schools on a more regular basis. In this particular scenario, coach gets an increase in salary as well as coaching a position area he is probably better suited.
If we had more gold in the war chest so to speak, we may be able to keep coaches longer as there is a strong appeal, to not only App. St., to Boone overall. Although it was beginning several years before the pandemic, the High Country is exploding...even more so since Pandemic started. This creates supply issues primarily related to housing. Demand crazy up... supply low. In my opinion, This is why we need to change our funding model for football price of admission... until now, premium product on the field at Big Lot price if entry for fans. Yes, it is painful to the pocketbook.but necessary. Personally, I hope the new works well...so we can keep coaches longer.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

unknown

Unread post by unknown » Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:39 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:04 pm
Off to Louisville.
Sucks to lose a true App St guy. App is going to have to $tep up.

boonetown1

Unread post by boonetown1 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:58 pm

Hope it was a smart move for him.

unknown

Unread post by unknown » Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:40 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:19 pm
Below head coach, a certain amount of assistants move to different opportunities at many schools. At the G5 level, if the assistant is good, they move to the P5 level where compensation is better. We have only been a FBS school for a relatively short period of time. In the early years in FBS, our program was trying to establish itself. As such, although our coaches were good, they had to prove themselves for a longer period of time before P5 came calling. We are now a known quantity and our outstanding results make us ripe to have coaches get offers at P5 schools on a more regular basis. In this particular scenario, coach gets an increase in salary as well as coaching a position area he is probably better suited.
If we had more gold in the war chest so to speak, we may be able to keep coaches longer as there is a strong appeal, to not only App. St., to Boone overall. Although it was beginning several years before the pandemic, the High Country is exploding...even more so since Pandemic started. This creates supply issues primarily related to housing. Demand crazy up... supply low. In my opinion, This is why we need to change our funding model for football price of admission... until now, premium product on the field at Big Lot price if entry for fans. Yes, it is painful to the pocketbook.but necessary. Personally, I hope the new works well...so we can keep coaches longer.
Also at a disadvantage with state funding. Like someone above said, Clark has his hands full.

TractorApp

Unread post by TractorApp » Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:46 pm

Hope Mario Acitelli gets an interview. He was at LSU last year as an analyst. Did 3 years a Texas, one at UNC a couple each at William and Mary and Elon. Also can coach Special teams. My favorite App O-lineman. I think of him everytime anyone mentions the Michigan win.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:14 pm

TractorApp wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:46 pm
Hope Mario Acitelli gets an interview. He was at LSU last year as an analyst. Did 3 years a Texas, one at UNC a couple each at William and Mary and Elon. Also can coach Special teams. My favorite App O-lineman. I think of him everytime anyone mentions the Michigan win.
I'd gladly be open to giving Mario a chance at a position for App. Hung out with him a few times in college. Really cool and intelligent guy.

The confidence and pride Coach Elliott had the offensive line play with during those days was something else.

From the Michigan game footage...

"Cut his ass" - Coach Elliott

"No I'll handle his ass" - John Holt
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:36 pm

Nic served us well I hope much success for a real App Man.

As said above, success will result in our coaches being hired up the food chain. That means they are doing something right.

Clark will have to go back to his short list again.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:52 pm

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:14 pm
TractorApp wrote:
I'd gladly be open to giving Mario a chance at a position for App. Hung out with him a few times in college. Really cool and intelligent guy.

The confidence and pride Coach Elliott had the offensive line play with during those days was something else.

To be fair, that was freshman Brett Irvin that had that quote....
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:03 pm

Appstate88 wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:18 pm
Give him a call. https://wydaily.com/sports/2022/01/11/m ... ing-staff/
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:22 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:52 pm
/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:14 pm
TractorApp wrote:

To be fair, that was freshman Brett Irvin that had that quote....
False. Coach Elliott was speaking directly to Holt when he said that, Holt replied, then Brett said "These boys are easy man"
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:19 pm

Go get it coach. OL coach coming this weekend.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

coachprouty

Unread post by coachprouty » Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:54 am

I realize that we are going to lose coaches and be a stepping stone, it just hurts losing APP guys more than others. I think these coaches feel a sense of security moving "up" to a "P5" job knowing that they could always try and come back to APP, but something about that doesn't sit right with me.
App. Alum '10 '22
Section 207

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:03 am

My senses tell me the same. This is basically a lateral position move except for it being to a P5. Something else afoot.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:20 am

appstate77 wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:03 am
My senses tell me the same. This is basically a lateral position move except for it being to a P5. Something else afoot.
There's nothing else afoot. He has a chance to go back as a position coach with his mentor for more money.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:27 am

He probably tired of reading that some of you always questioned his coaching ability and how we needed a "real OL coach" - No, I know that is not the reason but personally I got tired of reading it even though our OL group was in the final 15 for the best OL in college for what, last 3 years???
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”