Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Teasett Status

AppStateNews
School: Appalachian State

Re: Teasett Status

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:20 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:15 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:07 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:27 pm
Ware literally just repeats what he finds online. He has very little access to information.

Clark and Gillin have both told me the only reason he even gets media credentials is because he's behind the 247 brand and that's good for recruiting. Clark purposely feeds Ware incorrect information occasionally.

It's not a disdain towards Ware. And just because he's the only media we have doesn't mean he actually has information.
If Clark is purposely feeding false information to someone that represents the only real media outlet that he has, then that is shameful on his part and I imagine would violate some sort of university policy on media relations.
It's not happening during press related events. So nope, no violations.

There's a reason our coaches are short with answers during press conferences. Early in Ware's subscription site career, he spilled the beans way too many times. So now, he doesn't get information.

Hell, he even spilled the Sloan hire too early and had to take the article down. But that wasn't breaking news. A lot of people had that information weeks prior.
No he didn’t. He didn’t post the article until the hire was announced or he was given the OK to release the information. We can agree to disagree on this because as right as you are on most things, you are wrong on this.
APPsolutely not. He had to take the article down for over 2 hours. It's possible he hit publish instead of save and took it down almost immediately. But his hand definitely got slapped for it.

Sloan had specific desires for announcing since he got screwed when taking the GaSo job. He would have stayed here since Woody was leaving. But, GaSo played the announcement card early and Sloan didn't want to make his friend Lunsford look bad.

Ware definitely breached that agreement. Not his first time, won't be his last. And that's the reason the information he gets is limited.

But, back on topic here...
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:55 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:20 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
Ware literally just repeats what he finds online. He has very little access to information.

Clark and Gillin have both told me the only reason he even gets media credentials is because he's behind the 247 brand and that's good for recruiting. Clark purposely feeds Ware incorrect information occasionally.

It's not a disdain towards Ware. And just because he's the only media we have doesn't mean he actually has information.
If Clark is purposely feeding false information to someone that represents the only real media outlet that he has, then that is shameful on his part and I imagine would violate some sort of university policy on media relations.

There's a reason our coaches are short with answers during press conferences. Early in Ware's subscription site career, he spilled the beans way too many times. So now, he doesn't get information.

Hell, he even spilled the Sloan hire too early and had to take the article down. But that wasn't breaking news. A lot of people had that information weeks prior.
No he didn’t. He didn’t post the article until the hire was announced or he was given the OK to release the information. We can agree to disagree on this because as right as you are on most things, you are wrong on this.
APPsolutely not. He had to take the article down for over 2 hours. It's possible he hit publish instead of save and took it down almost immediately. But his hand definitely got slapped for it.

Sloan had specific desires for announcing since he got screwed when taking the GaSo job. He would have stayed here since Woody was leaving. But, GaSo played the announcement card early and Sloan didn't want to make his friend Lunsford look bad.

Ware definitely breached that agreement. Not his first time, won't be his last. And that's the reason the information he gets is limited.

Just to put a pin in this. A screenshot of your comment has been shared with Shawn and he had a good laugh.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:59 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:55 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:20 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:

Just to put a pin in this. A screenshot of your comment has been shared with Shawn and he had a good laugh.
That's simply not true, but cool.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:00 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
I'm not a Ware fan and I read the follow-up posts about him posting too much info but, if true, that's bush league by Clark and Gillin.

Those in positions of power at a public institution should suffer a cantankerous press.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:24 pm

Well this turned into a fun back and forth.

What “media” seems to be an issue…

pop5app

Unread post by pop5app » Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:59 am

Since the death of newspapers, all we have is the internet to find information. I used to think it was awful in the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s and 90’s when the only coverage of any kind was about cheat. So now we have the internet to have to sift through the crap to try and figure out what’s true/factual. Rumor and conspiracy are the name of the game now.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:12 am

Back to the original discussion beyond the bias against the only person consistently covering App State sports.

I do find it concerning that we have lost three players in a month and a fourth before the season started. They may all have their own individual stories but nonetheless this seems to be a pattern with this staff.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:03 am

Back in the later days of print a story had to often run through the editor desk before it was published. At least a more experienced set of eyes could help to check some facts. Now a person can type and hit send. There is a rush to "crack the story". Writers have always wanted to be the one with the scoop but with instantaneous internet availability stuff can be out there quickly and often without being checked. I guess that "believe what you read" cause it's on the net has just become a way of life.

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:23 am

Lol I have my issues with Ware, but he provides much better info than the guy who likes to play dress up as an insider on Yosef’s Cabin.

app97

Unread post by app97 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:31 am

Just noticed Eads is no longer on the roster. Maybe this has been mentioned…also the walk-on Hafner is no longer listed. I thought Eads was just dealing with an injury, but maybe there’s more to the story.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:47 am

Kerns said post-JMU (Saturday) that Eads came into his office on Friday and asked "for a leave of absence from the team" and Kerns wished him and his family well.

Kerns said last week that Zocko entered the transfer portal.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:32 am

I am a premium member on 24/7 and got the decoder ring with my heavily discounted membership .That's about the only thing of value.I read but don't post . No one I know in Boone speaks highly of the ummm reporter but the recruiting data base I suppose is worth a look from time to time.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”