Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Vicious biscuit

appstatealum
School: Appalachian State

Re: Vicious biscuit

Unread post by appstatealum » Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:02 pm

BayouApp wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:05 am
appdaze wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:44 pm
I hope it is good then. Artery clogging breakfasts are my guilty food pleasure. Eggs, bacon, gravy, biscuits, grits, livermush, ham, mmmmmmmm......

That would be amazing to hit up on game days.
I haven't thought about livermush for a long time since I live in Louisiana now and you can't buy it anywhere here that I've found. Most here have never heard of it and get grossed out when I mention some of the ingredients, which is funny considering some of the things that are popular to eat here.
Livermush is arguably the greatest breakfast meat on the planet, especially when done correctly with the perfect crispy exterior.
The Appalachian State

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:07 pm

Longrifle28 wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:32 am
BayouApp wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:05 am
appdaze wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:44 pm
I hope it is good then. Artery clogging breakfasts are my guilty food pleasure. Eggs, bacon, gravy, biscuits, grits, livermush, ham, mmmmmmmm......

That would be amazing to hit up on game days.
I haven't thought about livermush for a long time since I live in Louisiana now and you can't buy it anywhere here that I've found. Most here have never heard of it and get grossed out when I mention some of the ingredients, which is funny considering some of the things that are popular to eat here.
Same here on coastal North Carolina. How these uncivilized people can eat scrapple or souse and turn their noses up at Livermush is a mystery to me. Every time we are back in Rutherford County or have relatives visiting we always get a block of Hunter Brand Livermush. Artery clogging goodness! It can be hard to find livermush outside the area of Cleveland, Rutherford and McDowell Counties.
I grew up on scrapple visiting family up by Philly. But it's what got me to start eating livermush when I returned home. Livermush is preferred, but my great grandma used to make her scrapple similar to what we know livermush to be, not like a meatloaf texture.
The Appalachian State

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:31 pm

My dad used to make us eggs and livermush scrambled together with toast and apple sauce.

Looking back on it I assume it was a favorite of his as a child (He was raised in Ashe County)

I tolerated it when he made it for us, but now even the thought and typing this post makes me sick to think of livermush.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

CharlestonAppFan

Unread post by CharlestonAppFan » Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:16 pm

1) Vicious Biscuit is fantastic but not every day or week though, it’ll kill your heart pretty quick :lol: Their gravy reminds me of home (Lenoir)

2) Livermush….. I took it for granted for so long while growing up because it was a staple at breakfast. Now that I live on the SC coast (Johns Island/Charleston), I can’t find it anywhere, except for the occasional package at Publix once per year. When I visit my parents, I eat it almost every day that I’m there :P

3) BBQ….oh nevermind :shock: :lol:

Cro-Magnon App

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:55 pm

Liver mush! In Iredell County in the 60s and 70s, we made our own each winter.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:02 pm

Is it a rock band?

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:49 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:02 pm
Is it a rock band?
Yes. They are pretty gritty. No limp biscuits are served but some do come with cream.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”