Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Article in The (Raleigh) News & Observer

Cro-Magnon App
School: Appalachian State

Re: Article in The (Raleigh) News & Observer

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:41 pm

Pop says:
Yellow belly, Lilly livered, snot nose, panty waist, chicken crap cowards.

Couldn’t have said it better myself. Would add “black-hearted.”

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:16 pm

AppState89 wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:16 pm
Appstate88 wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:56 pm
Is this now off the table? The Wolfpack will visit Boone on Sept. 6, 2025 and App State will visit Raleigh h on Sept. 26, 2026, according to FBSSchedules.com.
For right now the games will still be played. Also feel nothing will change with the dates, but I doubt there will be another game after 2026 if the ACC gets their way.
Well, I guess there’s only one thing left to do…
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xir_ynJWsH8
And run up the score.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:48 pm

The saddest part is established sports writers believe this is a good move. I got into it with 247 writer Brad Crawford who believes it is in all ACC teams’ best interest to follow this directive.

Since when did college football stop being about competition and start being about not getting embarrassed in a game in which you have every single advantage and should win?
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:51 pm

Maybe the state legislator will intervene and force the public ACC schools to play the public Great 5 schools. I am not overly fond of that idea but I am also not opposed to some general policy in place where UNC system schools treat each other in a beneficial manner. Playing each other helps both schools and it is not just a gift from UNC-CHeat when they play us. We help their attendance as well.

The same policy can apply to the UNC system schools at the FCS level playing each other and DII doing the same with each other. And even FBS playing FCS every now and then as well.

It need not be every year but once a decade some sort of rotation between the 5 FBS schools all playing each other. That would be 8 years out of a decade we could be playing Charlotte, ECU, UNC-CHeat, or NCSU. Make it a dozen years even if that is too often.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

Longrifle28

Unread post by Longrifle28 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:39 am

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:51 pm
Maybe the state legislator will intervene and force the public ACC schools to play the public Great 5 schools. I am not overly fond of that idea but I am also not opposed to some general policy in place where UNC system schools treat each other in a beneficial manner. Playing each other helps both schools and it is not just a gift from UNC-CHeat when they play us. We help their attendance as well.

The same policy can apply to the UNC system schools at the FCS level playing each other and DII doing the same with each other. And even FBS playing FCS every now and then as well.

It need not be every year but once a decade some sort of rotation between the 5 FBS schools all playing each other. That would be 8 years out of a decade we could be playing Charlotte, ECU, UNC-CHeat, or NCSU. Make it a dozen years even if that is too often.
I wouldn't count of the legislature nor the UNC system (both made up of majority of UNC grads/supporters) to do anything about this.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

Longrifle28

Unread post by Longrifle28 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:39 am

Longrifle28 wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:39 am

I wouldn't count on the legislature nor the UNC system (both made up of majority of UNC grads/supporters) to do anything about this.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:09 am

The programs that need and rely on the ACC will likely not schedule us. The programs that the ACC needs and relies on will continue to play.

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:43 am

APPdiesel wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:48 pm

Since when did college football stop being about competition and start being about not getting embarrassed in a game in which you have every single advantage and should win?
I really think this is more about TV than anything. An NCSU-Miss St. Game will get more eyeballs than NCSU-ECU. I think this is more about fanbases than competitiveness.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:33 pm

The combined three schools affected do have a considerable amount of clout .Right now we,App has people in very influential positions.It has been discussed with some of them.I do not know if they will address it , if UNC and NCS move in that direction.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”