Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Healy Fired

NattyBumppo'sRevenge
School: Appalachian State

Re: Healy Fired

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:47 am

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:40 pm
NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:28 pm
I’m at Myers Park a ton because my wife teaches there, have a kid at another high school and most of the neighborhood kids are at South Meck. Tons of kids wear App gear. Never seen a high school kid in Charlotte wearing Charlotte gear. In fact, I have a friend that is a Charlotte grad and his son wears App gear. Case closed.
It could be Baader-Meinhof phenomenon but I don't think so.
Is that similar to Einhorn-Finkle?

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:37 pm

The Rock wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:47 pm
spacemonkey wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:17 am
Saint3333 wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:56 pm
Satt should be fine as long as he doesn't lose to JMU and is competitive in the remaining games (all of which they'll be the underdog).
My feeling is Satt is going to survive until his contract ends but is OUT as soon as he can. I think he and his family hate it there. I still think he could end up at UNC or Duke. I wish he would land with a team I could stomach pulling for. NC State should beg him to come there.
IF UL is patient with Satt for another year, I think they turn it around quite a bit. He has had 2 really big recruiting classes that I think start to improve the oveall makeup of the team in the near future. His loyalty to Brown may be his downfall, as the defense has been the weak spot there for his tenure.
Duke seems to have hired a great coach in Elko, and with their resources, I don't see him leaving anytime soon. As was stated earlier, the delusional Tarholes won't be content until they are in the playoff and if Mack Brown can't get them there, they won't trust the man who couldn't get UL competitive in the ACC.
He has turned it around with Louisville (top 25 this week in CFP). I still think he leaves the first chance he gets from a different school. NC State, UVA or Duke should find the money to take him away.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:54 pm

Why would Satt ever take the Dook job? No disrespect to Dook, however, the will always be a middle of the road to bottom dweller on the coastal side. He has better chance to win at The 'Ville.. Hopefully, he is more intelligent than that... unless he is unemployed and needs a job and Dook offers him.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:22 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:54 pm
Why would Satt ever take the Dook job? No disrespect to Dook, however, the will always be a middle of the road to bottom dweller on the coastal side. He has better chance to win at The 'Ville.. Hopefully, he is more intelligent than that... unless he is unemployed and needs a job and Dook offers him.
Because he grew up a Dook fan. If he didn't get the Louisville job when he did, he would have been the Dook coach after Cutcliffe. It was already agreed upon.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:30 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:22 pm
BambooRdApp wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:54 pm
Because he grew up a Dook fan. If he didn't get the Louisville job when he did, he would have been the Dook coach after Cutcliffe. It was already agreed upon.
I have now lost all respect for Satt..he grew up a Dook fan..😂
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:55 am

He will hit the portal hard because Healy didn’t leave him much to work with. Could be a rougher couple years ahead.

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:36 am

spacemonkey wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:37 pm
The Rock wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:47 pm
spacemonkey wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:17 am
Saint3333 wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:56 pm
Satt should be fine as long as he doesn't lose to JMU and is competitive in the remaining games (all of which they'll be the underdog).
My feeling is Satt is going to survive until his contract ends but is OUT as soon as he can. I think he and his family hate it there. I still think he could end up at UNC or Duke. I wish he would land with a team I could stomach pulling for. NC State should beg him to come there.
IF UL is patient with Satt for another year, I think they turn it around quite a bit. He has had 2 really big recruiting classes that I think start to improve the oveall makeup of the team in the near future. His loyalty to Brown may be his downfall, as the defense has been the weak spot there for his tenure.
Duke seems to have hired a great coach in Elko, and with their resources, I don't see him leaving anytime soon. As was stated earlier, the delusional Tarholes won't be content until they are in the playoff and if Mack Brown can't get them there, they won't trust the man who couldn't get UL competitive in the ACC.
He has turned it around with Louisville (top 25 this week in CFP). I still think he leaves the first chance he gets from a different school. NC State, UVA or Duke should find the money to take him away.
Not sure if anyone noticed but the coaching situations in Raleigh, Chapel Hill and Durham are VERY stable right now.
Charlottesville? With the team's poor performance and the horrific tragedy up there, I don't want to start unpacking that one.

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:02 pm

I thought Raleigh's was in trouble until last night. He can't get them over the hump. I think they started the season ranked top 10. Didn't sniff the ACC championship game.

Charfan
School: Charlotte

Unread post by Charfan » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:30 am

BallantyneApp wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:55 am
App91 wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:38 am
We could be in big trouble if this guy works out like Moglia did at CCU. His own record was not that great but he set them up for success.
yeah i'd pump the brakes on that. We will have to compete in Charlotte no doubt, but we have a dedicated fanbase in Charlotte that is made up of people that aren't going to start following UNCC because they hired some millionaire football guy that looks like Mark mangino and dresses like Bill belichick.

By all accounts he invested ~$2.5MM in the high school he bought. Thats not much, is he willing to add a 0 to that to make a real dent in UNCC shortcomings? They didn't increase their assistant pool that much, is he willing to come out of pocket for that? I can't find any detail on this guys net worth, so i imagine its still in the $MM and not $B yet. Hes probably down big like a lot of the hedgies. My guess is hes either handed off the day to day management of the fund to someone else or put it in passive management. No way hes got the time to actively manage.

This could very well work out for UNCC and they get to respectability and a good base to build off of and some financial benefit. But i don't think its the "death" of app state football that their fans have been predicting since 2013.
No one at charlotte has been predicting the death of app state football and that’s the last thing we want.

We want you to be good when we finally manage to beat you.

App St. is the program we want to be from a football perspective and we respect what you have done.

We just don’t want to do it in a gridlocked mountain valley that has horrible weather, the worlds largest Suburu dealership and more marijuana per capita than Southern California.

Fingers crossed Poggi works out for us cause god knows we need something to go right. We have been snake bit since we had to leave CUSA 1.0.

We are making up for a couple decades of poor athletic and school leadership (ie not starting football soon enough) but we will be ok. Don’t worry bout little old Charlotte. We will be ok.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:57 am

Charfan wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:30 am
BallantyneApp wrote:
App91 wrote:
We could be in big trouble if this guy works out like Moglia did at CCU. His own record was not that great but he set them up for success.
yeah i'd pump the brakes on that. We will have to compete in Charlotte no doubt, but we have a dedicated fanbase in Charlotte that is made up of people that aren't going to start following UNCC because they hired some millionaire football guy that looks like Mark mangino and dresses like Bill belichick.

By all accounts he invested ~$2.5MM in the high school he bought. Thats not much, is he willing to add a 0 to that to make a real dent in UNCC shortcomings? They didn't increase their assistant pool that much, is he willing to come out of pocket for that? I can't find any detail on this guys net worth, so i imagine its still in the $MM and not $B yet. Hes probably down big like a lot of the hedgies. My guess is hes either handed off the day to day management of the fund to someone else or put it in passive management. No way hes got the time to actively manage.

This could very well work out for UNCC and they get to respectability and a good base to build off of and some financial benefit. But i don't think its the "death" of app state football that their fans have been predicting since 2013.
No one at charlotte has been predicting the death of app state football and that’s the last thing we want.

App St. is the program we want to be from a football perspective and we respect what you have done.

We just don’t want to do it in a gridlocked mountain valley that has horrible weather, the worlds largest Suburu dealership and more marijuana per capita than Southern California.

Fingers crossed Poggi works out for us cause god knows we need something to go right. We have been snake bit since we had to leave CUSA 1.0.

We are making up for a couple decades of poor athletic and school leadership (ie not starting football soon enough) but we will be ok. Don’t worry bout little old Charlotte. We will be ok.
Horrible weather, Subarus and weed are all compliments up here. I hope Beef Pierogi gets it done for you boys. Would love to beat you while you’re ranked.
YNWA

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:41 am

Charfan wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:30 am
BallantyneApp wrote:
App91 wrote:

You coming over to revel in our misery? Don’t get enough of that over on the uncc board?

Uncc fans were 100% predicting the death of all state football back in 2012 and 2013. On any given Saturday and other places. The fact that we’ve been on diametrically opposed paths since doesn’t lessen that.

Hell one of your fans told me after losing 45-9 that the next time UNCC and app played App would be uncc buy game for the SEC. I can promise you there wasn’t a hint of sarcasm in his voice. Poor guy was close to tears.

As to your characterization of Boone, other than the traffic, those are all features not bugs.

Hopefully your guy Buff can find all the guys that tried to shoot their ex girlfriends new boyfriends to try and buy some wins. I hear Rae Carruth and Punt God are looking for employment

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:51 am

UNCC fans don’t respect App State, don’t ever believe they wish the best for us.

They were prematurely dancing on our graves when they were invited to CUSA.

Charfan

Unread post by Charfan » Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:41 pm

Not all of us. Many of us have deep respect for what App has done, and will continue to do so.

When we play app that is THE game we want to win bar none.

Don’t let anyone tell you different. If they are they are fooling themselves.

Natural rivals have to be embraced.

We are natural rivals.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:51 pm

We have rivals, seats taken.

Charfan

Unread post by Charfan » Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:59 pm

Sorry more seats were brought to the table. Gotta make room like at a good thanksgiving dinner. Even if it’s your cousin you can’t stand.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:38 pm

This is the classic troll job before the basketball game. You’ll disappear if App wins, beat your chest if UNCC 3 and 9ers win.

Charfan

Unread post by Charfan » Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:49 pm

I am not trolling App fans. I forgot our game was even coming up. I’ll make a deal with you.

If we lose I’ll be back to congratulate you on the win. If we win I’ll give you a little good hearted stick and that’s it.

Not all Charlotte fans hate app. We want to beat app, but we don’t hate app. We respect app.

AppDub

Unread post by AppDub » Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:45 pm

Let Charfan hang around. I'm sure he/she is just happy to come to a board of passionate fans. I imagine it isn't too much fun on the Charlotte board right now. Welcome Charfan.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:40 pm

Charlotte looks like a rival based on these comments plus we are the only two FBS teams in the Carolinas not bowl eligible it seems...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”