Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

It's time guys...Clark must go

GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool
School: Appalachian State

Re: It's time guys...Clark must go

Unread post by GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool » Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:56 pm

Are you crazy? This is our worst conference record in 40 years, and we still have our goals in front of us!!! “Believe in Shawn Clark or you’re not a real fan!”

Dr Everts, send me your Venmo and I’ll ping up. Maybe we can get Combs to make an album and donate the proceeds

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:57 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:55 pm
Hope everyone in here advocating for a firing has their wallets ready to donate to the Yosef club. Put your money where your mouths are.
We’re all invested bud! A little or a lot. That’s why.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:58 pm

I know this isn’t the popular opinion as we’ve been decimated by injuries this year. Yea I know who cares. That doesn’t matter right? But if we are measured on wins and losses, our kicker doesn’t choke we are winning and going bowling. I’m prepared for the onslaught of insults I’m sure will he directed my way. But to fire Clark is sec level idiocy

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:00 pm

If SC remains in his current position after Dec. 31, 2022 then App State Football will absolutely be living in the transfer portal going forward.
Last edited by asu66 on Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:01 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:58 pm
I know this isn’t the popular opinion as we’ve been decimated by injuries this year. Yea I know who cares. That doesn’t matter right? But if we are measured on wins and losses, our kicker doesn’t choke we are winning and going bowling. I’m prepared for the onslaught of insults I’m sure will he directed my way. But to fire Clark is sec level idiocy
Do you want another year of giving up the 3rd and 13 for 24? This defense is really bad. Let’s start there.

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:02 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
I don’t think we can or will fire Clark, but some heavy changes have to be made. DC CB and Str and conditioning are top in. My book.

Clark should know that an 8 win season is expected in 2023. We might not have $5MM for a buyout but we can find $1MM.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:02 pm

Adam and the other guy are talking about all the talk about firing Clark.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:03 pm

I for one do not have the money to pony up. We might win 3 games next year. After that it will take a decade if ever to get back relevant. I don't see a bright future with this coaching staff from top to bottom. Way too many questionable calls and lack of adjustments in games. Clark unfortunately is not the future of our program. I wasn't done until tonight when we ran up the middle once again on 3rd AND 4th downs when it hasn't worked all year. I can babble on all night but it's going to be frustrating going forward with status quo

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:04 pm

mountaineerman wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:01 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
Do you want another year of giving up the 3rd and 13 for 24? This defense is really bad. Let’s start there.
Do you see who’s out there? Did you even bother to look at the injury report? The rebuilt defense has struggled, the injury replacements of the rebuilt defense have really struggled. That shouldn’t result in firing Clark

Unread post by GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:04 pm

NewApp wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:02 pm
Adam and the other guy are talking about all the talk about firing Clark.
What are they saying?

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:05 pm

BallantyneApp wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
I don’t think we can or will fire Clark, but some heavy changes have to be made. DC CB and Str and conditioning are top in. My book.

Clark should know that an 8 win season is expected in 2023. We might not have $5MM for a buyout but we can find $1MM.
I get it. We lost six games by at total of 24 points. We are not falling into the ether

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:05 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
This is not about one season or one game or one kick. There no upside with Clark. He was over his head when he got the job and has TOTALLY FAILED to grow into it.

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:06 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:04 pm
mountaineerman wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
Do you see who’s out there? Did you even bother to look at the injury report? The rebuilt defense has struggled, the injury replacements of the rebuilt defense have really struggled. That shouldn’t result in firing Clark
Lol homie we haven’t stopped anyone this entire year! Then lose to our rival on a 30 yard pass in the end zone with not a defender in sight. I want Clark to succeed but it’s been down hill since he got there.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:08 pm

Some of the threads from earlier on mocking those concerned about the program sure didn't age well. I really wish all those that were concerned had a thanksgiving plate of crow to eat right now, but they don't. Is it time to fire Saban yet?........Maybe Alabama will offer coach Cluck a contract. He is going to need to go to a school like Charlotte to attempt to rebuild his career if we start next season like we played this one.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:09 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Our kicker might not choke if our HC/OC run the ball to the middle to get a few yards closer and center up the kick. You know, like literally any competent coach or kid with a PlayStation controller would do. Fire ‘em.

Unread post by GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:09 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:05 pm
BallantyneApp wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:

I get it. We lost six games by at total of 24 points. We are not falling into the ether
Lol totally leaving out getting our sh*t pushed in by Texas St, blowing 28-3 to JMU, and constant inability to execute costing us the other 4. This “we were this close,” is nothing more than dangerous optimism inface of what’s standing right in front of you.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:10 pm

appgrad95&97 wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
This is not about one season or one game or one kick. There no upside with Clark. He was over his head when he got the job and has TOTALLY FAILED to grow into it.
I would love to sit down and actually talk X’s and O’s With you. Our defense was being held together with popcicle sticks and it wasn’t full of world beaters this year anyway. We put up a ton of yards tonight on offense. I threw me hat when we lost and was pissed but I can be honest with what we had out there on defense

AppStateMtneer

Unread post by AppStateMtneer » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:11 pm

We were “this close” to only having 3 FBS wins this year… pitiful

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:11 pm

GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:09 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
BallantyneApp wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:

Lol totally leaving out getting our sh*t pushed in by Texas St, blowing 28-3 to JMU, and constant inability to execute costing us the other 4. This “we were this close,” is nothing more than dangerous optimism inface of what’s standing right in front of you.
True. And I was pissed after each loss. I think changes need to be made. I don’t think those things are firing Clark

Apexmountaineer

Unread post by Apexmountaineer » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:15 pm

mountaineerman wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:06 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:04 pm
mountaineerman wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
Lol homie we haven’t stopped anyone this entire year! Then lose to our rival on a 30 yard pass in the end zone with not a defender in sight. I want Clark to succeed but it’s been down hill since he got there.
Oh there was a defender there, he just misread the play badly. The secondary has been soft all year.
3BCD625D-DCC4-4B40-B45E-30EF24393035.jpeg
DC6488A5-3584-467D-B91A-62BA91C41B7F.jpeg

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”