Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Coastal #23 in Coaches Poll

Discussion about anything related to the Sun Belt Conference
AppStFan1
School: Appalachian State

Re: Coastal #23 in Coaches Poll

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:11 pm

wb247 wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:59 pm
Stonewall wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:15 pm
I have witnessed our students cross , in my opinion , the line as far as language and other vulgarities.
If you don't remember it, it didn't happen.
He isn't wrong. I remember it as well. lol

wb247

Unread post by wb247 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:58 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:11 pm
wb247 wrote:
Stonewall wrote:
I have witnessed our students cross , in my opinion , the line as far as language and other vulgarities.
Talking about the perpetrators...

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:49 pm

wb247 wrote:
Stonewall wrote:
So the FAMU debacle never happened?!?! Thank god!
Give 'em hell!

wb247

Unread post by wb247 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:13 am

BeauFoster wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:49 pm
wb247 wrote:
Stonewall wrote:
We played FAMU?

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:43 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:54 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:32 pm
ASUTodd wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:23 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:07 pm
ASUTodd wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:56 pm
Hate them or love them.... They get it done. This is why I like a killer mentality..... They get the job done. They don't care if other teams fans are comfortable at their stadium. They dont care if they say something to offend anyone. We can come up with 1 million different reasons to hate them....but let's just call it like it is. They haven't given in to what others want and they kept their eyes on what they wanted....and they fought hard to get it. Props to them and I hope they win out.
And they've cheated along the way. If that's the program you want, you don't want to be an App fan. Remember, Chadwell has brought NCAA sanctions to three different schools and leaves right before the sanctions are enforced.

Coastal will be hit with them soon enough.
No part of that condoned cheating. Not sure how you got that. If they are then I hope they get caught. Until they are, guess what? They beat us and are winning games. You appear to be "in the know" when it comes to all things App State and the Sun Belt. If you have information that is relevant to them cheating then divulge.... If all you have is his past cheating then that is speculation. I have no knowledge of them cheating. I don't follow them closely enough to care. What I do know is that if they aren't cheating, then I hope they win out. Makes the Sun Belt look better. Peace.
You literally said you want our program to be like theirs... Which is led by a known cheater... You did condone it whether you meant it that way or not.

Last I heard, over 50% of their team are non-qualifiers. That was back in the 2018 (maybe 2019) draft class so it could be better now. But, I'll just say there's a good reason we don't really compete for their recruits. And when we are in competition, we win 95% of the time.

Chadwell purposely goes for guys that academically can't make it anywhere else. And then plays guys that aren't even enrolled in the school....
I'm 100% with you in not wanting to be like them and I wonder if that is why he does not have any P5 offers, yet. He definitely does not care about academics and is known to do anything it takes to win. I don't want to be like that.

My only issue is that they are beating us on the field despite the fact that when we compete with them for players that we win those battles. They wanted Burger pretty badly and I just hope they don't somehow get to him and urge him to his the portal with our struggles. We got to beat these teams on the field like we do in recruiting or it makes us look bad that we are not getting the most out of our players.
It's not like we've struggled long term. We had 4 winnable games, where we had a chance to tie or win on the last possession. I would hope that he has the attitude that he's going to be part of changing the outcome of these games. Do we really worry that everyone is fleeing to the transfer portal because we are having a .500 season?

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:40 am

WASU 93 wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:43 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
ASUTodd wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:

And they've cheated along the way. If that's the program you want, you don't want to be an App fan. Remember, Chadwell has brought NCAA sanctions to three different schools and leaves right before the sanctions are enforced.

No part of that condoned cheating. Not sure how you got that. If they are then I hope they get caught. Until they are, guess what? They beat us and are winning games. You appear to be "in the know" when it comes to all things App State and the Sun Belt. If you have information that is relevant to them cheating then divulge.... If all you have is his past cheating then that is speculation. I have no knowledge of them cheating. I don't follow them closely enough to care. What I do know is that if they aren't cheating, then I hope they win out. Makes the Sun Belt look better. Peace.
You literally said you want our program to be like theirs... Which is led by a known cheater... You did condone it whether you meant it that way or not.

Last I heard, over 50% of their team are non-qualifiers. That was back in the 2018 (maybe 2019) draft class so it could be better now. But, I'll just say there's a good reason we don't really compete for their recruits. And when we are in competition, we win 95% of the time.

Chadwell purposely goes for guys that academically can't make it anywhere else. And then plays guys that aren't even enrolled in the school....
I'm 100% with you in not wanting to be like them and I wonder if that is why he does not have any P5 offers, yet. He definitely does not care about academics and is known to do anything it takes to win. I don't want to be like that.

My only issue is that they are beating us on the field despite the fact that when we compete with them for players that we win those battles. They wanted Burger pretty badly and I just hope they don't somehow get to him and urge him to his the portal with our struggles. We got to beat these teams on the field like we do in recruiting or it makes us look bad that we are not getting the most out of our players.
It's not like we've struggled long term. We had 4 winnable games, where we had a chance to tie or win on the last possession. I would hope that he has the attitude that he's going to be part of changing the outcome of these games. Do we really worry that everyone is fleeing to the transfer portal because we are having a .500 season?
Agreed. Believe we have too much paranoia setting in related to our players and transfer portal. In the particular instance, we have split with beach Chickens last 4, each winning at home and they have only won 2 games against us overall. Geez people, I think the fanbase needs some therapy for treatment for a down year in App. St. football as our brains cannot process it.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:38 am

wb247 wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:13 am
BeauFoster wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:49 pm
wb247 wrote:
Stonewall wrote:
We played FAMU?
Our defense is still looking over at the sidelines waiting for the play.

App91

Unread post by App91 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:41 am

WASU 93 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
ASUTodd wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:

Yes, I do! I think the week after Thanksgiving will be telling about where this program is headed.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:22 pm

wb247 wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:58 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:11 pm
wb247 wrote:
Stonewall wrote:
Talking about the perpetrators...
I know who he was talking about. LOL. I just said I remember it well.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:28 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:40 am
WASU 93 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
ASUTodd wrote:

Agreed. Believe we have too much paranoia setting in related to our players and transfer portal. In the particular instance, we have split with beach Chickens last 4, each winning at home and they have only won 2 games against us overall. Geez people, I think the fanbase needs some therapy for treatment for a down year in App. St. football as our brains cannot process it.
After hearing some of what Gray and Hennigan have said it has made me think we might have some players hit the portal because they don't fit the culture. With NIL and the portal I also think schools are going to push upperclassmen out who don't play even more than they did before.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:31 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:28 pm
BambooRdApp wrote:
WASU 93 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:

After hearing some of what Gray and Hennigan have said it has made me think we might have some players hit the portal because they don't fit the culture. With NIL and the portal I also think schools are going to push upperclassmen out who don't play even more than they did before.
We've already had one enter the portal because he didn't fit the culture. And it really showed itself this year when we needed him the most.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:19 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:31 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:28 pm
BambooRdApp wrote:
WASU 93 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:

We've already had one enter the portal because he didn't fit the culture. And it really showed itself this year when we needed him the most.
I assume you mean Dawson? I hated to see him go but if he did not fit in then it is best for him and App. I wish those well but we got to get things fixed internally so if it takes a cleaning out then I am all for it.

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:11 pm

Let us travel back to hallowed antiquity (aka, 2017) when Wake Forest visited KBS for the first time.

App had smacked WF hard in the first half and it was obvious the Deacs weren't expecting it.
As WF exited the field at halftime, some idiot App fan thought it would be funny to spit on some their players.

They responded as you would expect in the 2nd Half...and the rest is history.
So yeah, we have our share of douchebag fans like everyone else.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:05 pm

Bootsy wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:11 pm
Let us travel back to hallowed antiquity (aka, 2017) when Wake Forest visited KBS for the first time.

App had smacked WF hard in the first half and it was obvious the Deacs weren't expecting it.
As WF exited the field at halftime, some idiot App fan thought it would be funny to spit on some their players.

It was proven that didn't actually happen..
tAPPedInSports.net

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:59 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
WASU 93 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
ASUTodd wrote:

Right!? The portal goes both ways too. There’s a very real possibility that there are guys who are unhappy with their current team who WILL fit the App culture and want to be part of the team they saw beat Texas A&M and get College Gameday.

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:41 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:05 pm
Bootsy wrote:

Well, then I stand corrected.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:18 pm

Not exactly "proven"...

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:22 pm

People use the world culture all the time. Someone please define or explain what our App State culture really is.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:05 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Bootsy wrote:

How so?

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:06 pm

hapapp wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:05 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Bootsy wrote:

How so?
By the player that made it up saying he made it up...
tAPPedInSports.net

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sun Belt Discussion”