Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Coastal #23 in Coaches Poll

Discussion about anything related to the Sun Belt Conference
hapapp
School: Appalachian State

Coastal #23 in Coaches Poll

Unread post by hapapp » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:44 pm

We can rant and rave about our dislike of Coastal but they haven't missed a beat. They have had some narrow wins but generally they have found the means to win games. East Division champs two of the last three years. Over the last three seasons they are 31-4 and we are 24-12. I find it hard to believe they can maintain that standard when McCall departs but then again their losses coming into this season were similar to ours but they have found continued success.

Saint3333

Re: Coastal #23 in Coaches Poll

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:03 pm

They have the best coach in the league. They prep better, they adjust better, and they get MORE out of their resources available. That used to be another team.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:13 pm

It's generally a consensus opinion that recruiting rankings mean very little. Is there anything out there that does a re-rank (so to speak) of classes? How have we ultimately done over the last 4 years? Are current juniors/redshirt sophomores making significant contributions on our team? How have we stacked up?

RankinApp

Unread post by RankinApp » Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:14 pm

It's impressive the last few years they've put together.

Coastal now sports a higher all-time winning percentage and has more than doubled App's number of weeks ranked in the AP Top 25.

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:51 pm

What will happen when Georgia Tech scoops up their coach after thr season?

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:58 pm

appstate77 wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:51 pm
Seems like he could aim higher and for a place he has a chance to win.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:21 pm

He won't take that gig. Losing proposition

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:32 pm

appstate77 wrote:
Georgia Tech might actually require some academics to go along with football, which would severely limit Chadwell…
Give 'em hell!

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:36 pm

BeauFoster wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:32 pm
appstate77 wrote:
Georgia Tech might actually require some academics to go along with football, which would severely limit Chadwell…
That is why I don't see Chadwell going there.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:39 pm

appstate77 wrote:
I don't think he goes there due to academic requirements but I do believe Coastal could be fine without Chadwell. Their biggest problem will be when Moglia dies and his money dries up. I also wonder if Chadwell is cheating and will see sanctions come down on him like other programs he has led have had.

Regardless of what happens to them they have officially passed us as the better program right now and we have Troy and South Alabama both appearing to build something that is above us as well. Our leadership has a lot to figure out here in a couple weeks.
Last edited by AppStFan1 on Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AppWyo

Unread post by AppWyo » Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:11 pm

What has helped Troy the most this season is not being in the East Division of the Sun Belt.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:37 pm

AppWyo wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:11 pm
What has helped Troy the most this season is not being in the East Division of the Sun Belt.
Indeed but outside of a lucky play they had us beat. Maybe we would have won 7 games by now if we had been in the West.

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:56 pm

Hate them or love them.... They get it done. This is why I like a killer mentality..... They get the job done. They don't care if other teams fans are comfortable at their stadium. They dont care if they say something to offend anyone. We can come up with 1 million different reasons to hate them....but let's just call it like it is. They haven't given in to what others want and they kept their eyes on what they wanted....and they fought hard to get it. Props to them and I hope they win out.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:07 pm

ASUTodd wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:56 pm
Hate them or love them.... They get it done. This is why I like a killer mentality..... They get the job done. They don't care if other teams fans are comfortable at their stadium. They dont care if they say something to offend anyone. We can come up with 1 million different reasons to hate them....but let's just call it like it is. They haven't given in to what others want and they kept their eyes on what they wanted....and they fought hard to get it. Props to them and I hope they win out.
And they've cheated along the way. If that's the program you want, you don't want to be an App fan. Remember, Chadwell has brought NCAA sanctions to three different schools and leaves right before the sanctions are enforced.

Coastal will be hit with them soon enough.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:23 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:07 pm
ASUTodd wrote:
And they've cheated along the way. If that's the program you want, you don't want to be an App fan. Remember, Chadwell has brought NCAA sanctions to three different schools and leaves right before the sanctions are enforced.

No part of that condoned cheating. Not sure how you got that. If they are then I hope they get caught. Until they are, guess what? They beat us and are winning games. You appear to be "in the know" when it comes to all things App State and the Sun Belt. If you have information that is relevant to them cheating then divulge.... If all you have is his past cheating then that is speculation. I have no knowledge of them cheating. I don't follow them closely enough to care. What I do know is that if they aren't cheating, then I hope they win out. Makes the Sun Belt look better. Peace.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:32 pm

ASUTodd wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:23 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
ASUTodd wrote:

No part of that condoned cheating. Not sure how you got that. If they are then I hope they get caught. Until they are, guess what? They beat us and are winning games. You appear to be "in the know" when it comes to all things App State and the Sun Belt. If you have information that is relevant to them cheating then divulge.... If all you have is his past cheating then that is speculation. I have no knowledge of them cheating. I don't follow them closely enough to care. What I do know is that if they aren't cheating, then I hope they win out. Makes the Sun Belt look better. Peace.
You literally said you want our program to be like theirs... Which is led by a known cheater... You did condone it whether you meant it that way or not.

Last I heard, over 50% of their team are non-qualifiers. That was back in the 2018 (maybe 2019) draft class so it could be better now. But, I'll just say there's a good reason we don't really compete for their recruits. And when we are in competition, we win 95% of the time.

Chadwell purposely goes for guys that academically can't make it anywhere else. And then plays guys that aren't even enrolled in the school....
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

appstate24

Unread post by appstate24 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:38 pm

I don’t think Choad-well is going to be too picky, if a P5 offers, he’s gone. Seems like he’s actively been trying to get an offer for a couple years now.

Dude can coach but he’s a total D-bag, and yes, a known cheater. Which is IMOP why he hasn’t received an offer yet.

GO APPS!!

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:40 pm

There will be several openings at the P5 level by end of year. It is which one wants a deal with the devil...
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:51 pm

Let’s see how they look after they’ve gone through multiple years of getting gutted at every coaching position imaginable.
YNWA

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:54 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:32 pm
ASUTodd wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:23 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
ASUTodd wrote:

You literally said you want our program to be like theirs... Which is led by a known cheater... You did condone it whether you meant it that way or not.

Last I heard, over 50% of their team are non-qualifiers. That was back in the 2018 (maybe 2019) draft class so it could be better now. But, I'll just say there's a good reason we don't really compete for their recruits. And when we are in competition, we win 95% of the time.

Chadwell purposely goes for guys that academically can't make it anywhere else. And then plays guys that aren't even enrolled in the school....
I'm 100% with you in not wanting to be like them and I wonder if that is why he does not have any P5 offers, yet. He definitely does not care about academics and is known to do anything it takes to win. I don't want to be like that.

My only issue is that they are beating us on the field despite the fact that when we compete with them for players that we win those battles. They wanted Burger pretty badly and I just hope they don't somehow get to him and urge him to his the portal with our struggles. We got to beat these teams on the field like we do in recruiting or it makes us look bad that we are not getting the most out of our players.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sun Belt Discussion”