Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

I want to know

yosef69
School: Appalachian State

Re: I want to know

Unread post by yosef69 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:03 am

It’ll be crickets from the people who would die for this staff for no reason at all.

Give me drink over this shit every day of every week for the rest of my life.

AppFan11

Unread post by AppFan11 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:07 am

You can have him…. different players.

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:08 am

AppFan11 wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:07 am
You’re in denial in the worst way.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:13 am

yosef69 wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:08 am
AppFan11 wrote:
If Drink were still here, we'd be worse off. We wouldn't have 90% of our starters. There's a reason players threw a party in the locker room when he left.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:13 am

AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:13 am
yosef69 wrote:
AppFan11 wrote:
If Drink were still here, we'd be worse off. We wouldn't have 90% of our starters. There's a reason players threw a party in the locker room when he left.
Whatever man. He won. This staff can’t.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:19 am

yosef69 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
yosef69 wrote:
AppFan11 wrote:
He won with players that weren't his.

He did everything he could to destroy the culture. He was handed the keys to a Lamborghini. We all could have won with what he was handed.

Please tell me another time where a recruit commits immediately after the coach takes another job -- before knowing who the next coach would be. Drink is a snake and only cares about himself.

If Drink was still here, we'd have 1 win right now. Clark has issues. But players will run through a wall for him. For Drink, they'd push him in front of a train.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:21 am

AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:19 am
yosef69 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
yosef69 wrote:
AppFan11 wrote:

He did everything he could to destroy the culture. He was handed the keys to a Lamborghini. We all could have won with what he was handed.

Please tell me another time where a recruit commits immediately after the coach takes another job -- before knowing who the next coach would be. Drink is a snake and only cares about himself.

If Drink was still here, we'd have 1 win right now. Clark has issues. But players will run through a wall for him. For Drink, they'd push him in front of a train.
Players will run through a wall for him but bend over for TX state. Got it

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:31 am

yosef69 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
yosef69 wrote:
AppFan11 wrote:
I'm not defending this staff because we clearly have some folks who have to go but Drink was given a top 25 talent team. He almost lost to SC, UNC, and got beat by GSU. Go back and look at how many players on that roster got drafted, got a shot in the NFL, and were All-Sun Belt. We have many on this team who will but were not starters on that team. That team should have gone undefeated. If you had put Armanti Edwards on that team in his prime they would have been a top 10 team in the nation. Think about this. Nick Hampton was a backup on that team.

Drink has shown what he does when he has to build a team because Missouri has not gotten better and is actually costing them talent. He could be getting fired here in less than 2 months. I don't hate him but I don't want him back at all.

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:55 am

AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:19 am
yosef69 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
yosef69 wrote:
AppFan11 wrote:

I don't know what kind of car Drink was handed. I do think it is fair to say Clark took a job with a team that had been consistently sniffing around the top 25 for several years. That no longer appears to be the case. This isn't about Drink the snake. It's about Sean the snail. He's had some good wins. Marshall and Coastal last season, A&M this year. But over all, I do not see the football program getting better under Clark.

I continue to hope I'm wrong and wish him the best, but I'm already starting to worry about next year when Chase is gone.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:58 am

I'm out on Clark, when he got the HC job, a lot of things changed about him. Drinkwitz was dissolving our culture as well, so I definitely say good riddance to him. He was a grade A jerk. Clark isn't who many of us remember him to be, hard for me to say that because I denied the things I heard until the last few weeks and now seeing the team falling apart at the seams. We are all Homer's for the program, that doesn't mean we are Homer's for individuals.
The Appalachian State

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:10 am

All of this stuff just breaks my heart. No program is immune from growing pains and downturns. Clearly our staff has some soul searching in store. I’ve been there through the bad times and the good times and it appears we are cycling into another downturn. I’ll still be in my seat regardless.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:36 am

We are all die hards otherwise we wouldn't be in the cabin. But a few years ago, I realized the badge I received for being there through the last 20 years, only really missing the covid year games, isn't good enough anymore. I wanted to see big wins, big leaps in national.growth, and a perennial powerhouse in conference. That is what fits App.Culture. That is what TIGMA should be producing at this stage. Cycles happen, but the best programs react in a timely manner. From all I've heard, the red flags were present last year and the bowl game should've stirred the waters enough. No excuses
The Appalachian State

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:39 am

Sometimes you need to type an email, text or even message board response but not press send for a while then later go back and read it again before deciding to send. Often times you will either edit or delete what you typed. A whole bunch of people here should follow that advice.

Regarding the "keys to the Lamborghini " stuff that has been said about the team Drinkwitz inherited. We were good but was our roster absolutely top 25 worthy or did we beat up on crappy conference teams? Personally we need to let that one year go. It's over.

We clearly have stuff going on with injuries, player issues and probably staffing. Programs go through these things and hopefully it's temporary and will get corrected. JMU and yesterday were both brutal losses. I raised the question before the season of how a potential 8-4 (or worse) season would be accepted by many here. Couple of huge threads answered it.

There seems to be a huge assumption that our roster is loaded. We have many stud players- Hampton, Cam (when...), Stroman, Pearson but we are small on defense and get pushed around.

For me the absolute most disappointing aspect of the game yesterday were the penalties. I don't like any but I can accept the occasional PI when it just happens but crap like 15 yard unsportsmanlike on extra points and dead ball stuff in insane. I guess the days of "ripping a guy a new one" are over. I'm not in favor of berating a player on the sideline but if a guy does something stupid that hurts the team PULL HIS ASS OUT!

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:54 am

AppStateNews wrote:
yosef69 wrote:
AppFan11 wrote:
Again, AS ALWAYS, you are correct. You are spot on with things I've heard first hand from prior very good players. Drink disliked very much a player that was one of the best and most like O-lineman we had. One that the current team still respects highly. You know who he is and I'm sure others do too.
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:24 am

Seattleapp wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:10 am
appgrad95&97 wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:05 am
Seattleapp wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:00 am
appgrad95&97 wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:44 am
I started this. I am not calling for anyone to be fired. Personally, I'm not sure we are improving as a program at the same pace the SB is improving. I think some of you unwilling to ask questions. The goalposts constantly move. OCC games don't matter. Bowl games are irrelevant. Of course this losing streak did start with us being dominated in the CCG. A few years ago were were ranked or an the verge of being ranked. I wonder when we'll come close to say 100 points in the polls.
I was there yesterday and the program is in shambles. Give me a break. It’s takes like this that are especially aggravating. But you have a habit of piling on when we lose.
What goalposts are you even talking about? I understand your entire appreciation of App comes down to us being ranked. And yes we did just lose to Carolina in week one by 2 points so we probably won’t be ranked next week.I can clearly see the sky falling and the program imploding. Were I you I’d spare myself the embarrassment and not watch another game……until we are ranked and it’s safe to do so.
I didn't shambles. What I actually said is I'm concerned the conference is improving at a faster rate than we are.
Based on what? You literally have zero evidence of that at the current moment. Coastal struggled to beat Army. JMU beat mtsu. Marshall rolled their fcs opponent. Old dominion beat tek which was amazing and we were a hair from beating UNC. Again you make no sense
I guess it was a lucky guess Seattleapp.

GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool

Unread post by GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool » Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:44 am

AppState89 wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:54 am
AppStateNews wrote:
yosef69 wrote:
AppFan11 wrote:
Again, AS ALWAYS, you are correct. You are spot on with things I've heard first hand from prior very good players. Drink disliked very much a player that was one of the best and most like O-lineman we had. One that the current team still respects highly. You know who he is and I'm sure others do too.
I assume you’re talking about Noah, correct?

J_Mountaineers

Unread post by J_Mountaineers » Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:49 am

Rekdiver wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:10 am
All of this stuff just breaks my heart. No program is immune from growing pains and downturns. Clearly our staff has some soul searching in store. I’ve been there through the bad times and the good times and it appears we are cycling into another downturn. I’ll still be in my seat regardless.
I’ll be in my seat as well but this was the most pivotal moment in our programs history. We had EVERY bit of national attention, a chance to break a glass ceiling and we have lost it all. I agree that downturns happen but THIS downturn at THIS time couldn’t happen. We had to stay focused. We were on the precipice of something huge as a program.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:09 am

J_Mountaineers wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:49 am
Rekdiver wrote:
I’ll be in my seat as well but this was the most pivotal moment in our programs history. We had EVERY bit of national attention, a chance to break a glass ceiling and we have lost it all. I agree that downturns happen but THIS downturn at THIS time couldn’t happen. We had to stay focused. We were on the precipice of something huge as a program.
I agree. It’s beyond f’ing disappointing. I’m 71. I hope it gets fixed before my ashes get secretly sprinkled on the field.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:31 am

If we are cycling into a downturn, it is the fault of those in charge of the Athletic Department.We make our own destiny by the decisions , good and bad that we make.

BayouApp

Unread post by BayouApp » Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:15 am

Rekdiver wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:09 am
J_Mountaineers wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:49 am
Rekdiver wrote:
I agree. It’s beyond f’ing disappointing. I’m 71. I hope it gets fixed before my ashes get secretly sprinkled on the field.
LOL. That should be a new donor option: $500 to have your ashes sprinkled on the field.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”