Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Stadium Expansion

ArmantiWaterSafety
School: Appalachian State

Re: Stadium Expansion

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:11 pm

Bootsy wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:08 pm
I think I can speak for everyone here in saying...

Even if you'd bury yourself half in the ground on Miller Hill to thwart the bulldozers, everyone can appreciate the high-quality photoshop here. Armanti, your work has spoken to us.
I aim to please :lol:

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:13 pm

Keeping sightlines from the SEZ concourse is short sighted. It needs to be behind stands. I’m betting the scoreboard can be raised to whatever level the stands would be and be expanded. When I spoke with Doug Gillen in Raleigh before the game at UNC he indicated that the hill needs to go. As much as I’ve loved it, I agree. We need more seats, not SRO.
WE ARE YOSEF!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:17 pm

goapps93 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:13 pm
Keeping sightlines from the SEZ concourse is short sighted. It needs to be behind stands. I’m betting the scoreboard can be raised to whatever level the stands would be and be expanded. When I spoke with Doug Gillen in Raleigh before the game at UNC he indicated that the hill needs to go. As much as I’ve loved it, I agree. We need more seats, not SRO.
Don’t disagree on the sidelines, just stating what I was told.

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:19 pm

Wait, I thought next year with the ticket price increase we were going to lose fans?

And Armanti, complete the photo with my idea for airplane slides please. Safety first.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:20 pm

AppUSMC wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:47 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:41 pm
pop5app wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:33 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:25 pm
I would add that expansion should hold off until the two new parking decks are finished.
I agree to an extent. We probably should hold if on construction until the parking decks are done. However, we had better be planning NOW for the eventuality. We need a plan, so that we don’t get caught flat footed like we did when we expanded the East Side and end up having to piece together something like we always have.
This isn’t meant to be sarcastic, but who is to say that these conversations and plans aren’t in the works?

It’s definitely in the works. Those in charge read this board regularly. So it’s just an opportunity to get ideas out there, and it’s fun.
They definitely read and they have been for 20-25 years since the boards began. They want to know what the fanbase is saying and that is just human nature for many. There are some who don't read or care but a lot do and those who do will likely tell those who don't sometimes. Many up there just dismiss almost all that they hear on here though because some people who work in the business think fans can't possibly have a good idea. Some don't agree but it is like on here you have times where you have a lot of varying opinions.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:21 pm

For those wanting seats back in the NEZ, it isn’t happening anytime soon if ever. There are other areas where we can add seats before you start messing with the cash cow.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:23 pm

goapps93 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:13 pm
I figured he did feel that way. The hill is kind of a tradition but we need the seats. I would love to see us completely replace the visiting side and horseshoe the stadium in with seats added to the SEZ and then maybe put more permanent seats in the NEZ. I wonder if Gillin has an exact idea of how many seats he wants to see added in this next expansion or if that is still being decided?

311neers

Unread post by 311neers » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:26 pm

Hope we aren't actually done with the NEZ. Surely a Ph. 2 is planned under the NEZ to connect the West and East concourses with added seating (needed), concessions (needed), plaza (more space needed), restrooms (needed) along with adding an entry/exit gate (needed). Build it elevated so the team can still run out underneath in a tunnel (needed). The new gate would be located near the ticket booths to provide another ingress/egress point that will alleviate the congestion at the current 2 gates. This new concourse would pull some of the East and West fans which will alleviate concessions/RR on each East/West concourse. If only I had $50M...

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:29 pm

Stadiums today are being built entirely like our brand new Eastside upper deck stands. Those things aren't going anywhere. When they were built over 10 years ago they cost 8 million dollars.
Last edited by HighlandsApp on Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:30 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:21 pm
For those wanting seats back in the NEZ, it isn’t happening anytime soon if ever. There are other areas where we can add seats before you start messing with the cash cow.
What if we replace seats on visiting side, add seats to SEZ and make seats in NEZ permanent along with adding a ton of suites? When weather is super hot or cold people would rather be indoors and that area in the NEZ has not been there that long so there should not be a huge fight if you put those over there in suites. If we continue to grow they will eventually have to put seats over there, even if it is 5-10 years from now. People might complain at first like they will with the hill being gone but they will get over it. Most would rather have a suite indoors between the 30 and 50 than the NEZ if they have the money. Surely there will be more added to the NEZ. There are not enough seats in that area with our current growth.

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:33 pm

HighlandsApp wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:29 pm
Stadiums today are being built entirely like our brand new Eastside upper deck stands. Those things aren't going anywhere. When they were built over 10 years ago they cost almost 10 million dollars.
But according to so many they are “high school.” I don’t think they need to go unless the stadium gets a complete rebuild. If one of us had only won that billion dollar power ball.
WE ARE YOSEF!

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:34 pm

goapps93 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:33 pm
HighlandsApp wrote:
Stadiums today are being built entirely like our brand new Eastside upper deck stands. Those things aren't going anywhere. When they were built over 10 years ago they cost almost 10 million dollars.
But according to so many they are “high school.” I don’t think they need to go unless the stadium gets a complete rebuild. If one of us had only won that billion dollar power ball.
I just read that USF has gotten estimates on their new on campus stadium and it's 300 to 350 million

ArmantiWaterSafety

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:37 pm

mike87 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:19 pm
Wait, I thought next year with the ticket price increase we were going to lose fans?

And Armanti, complete the photo with my idea for airplane slides please. Safety first.
I don't know...this looks a bit unsafe to me.

Alright I'm done hijacking this thread haha

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:39 pm

goapps93 wrote:
HighlandsApp wrote:
It will be expensive but imagine if we could replace that whole side and along with regular seats add a bunch of suites as well. We could expand the press box seating on home side and add a ton of suites to the visitors side. We could also add some suites in the SEZ when they get rid of the hill. I wonder what the max seating is that we could add to the SEZ as well?

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:44 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:30 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
What if we replace seats on visiting side, add seats to SEZ and make seats in NEZ permanent along with adding a ton of suites? When weather is super hot or cold people would rather be indoors and that area in the NEZ has not been there that long so there should not be a huge fight if you put those over there in suites. If we continue to grow they will eventually have to put seats over there, even if it is 5-10 years from now. People might complain at first like they will with the hill being gone but they will get over it. Most would rather have a suite indoors between the 30 and 50 than the NEZ if they have the money. Surely there will be more added to the NEZ. There are not enough seats in that area with our current growth.
Given the administration push for premium seating, I don’t see them replacing, rather it’s more likely they will add.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:48 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:44 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
Given the administration push for premium seating, I don’t see them replacing, rather it’s more likely they will add.
I wouldn't be surprised to see premium seating on the East side before we see expansion elsewhere.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:57 pm

hapapp wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:48 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:44 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised to see premium seating on the East side before we see expansion elsewhere.
Agree. Given the current want for boxes and suites, this makes sense.

Howard Street Hooligan

Unread post by Howard Street Hooligan » Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:04 pm

The East, West and NEZ need to all connect a little better than it currently does. The hill is the least of our worries. It's 3 different designs and let's be real, it doesn't look great. There are some great parts, but not overall. Let's get some consistency across the board and expand the concourse area with more room to walk around and more concession stands and bathrooms as well. Ideally, I would love premium seating on the east as well, like the boxes on the West.

311neers

Unread post by 311neers » Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:15 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:39 pm
goapps93 wrote:
HighlandsApp wrote:
It will be expensive but imagine if we could replace that whole side and along with regular seats add a bunch of suites as well. We could expand the press box seating on home side and add a ton of suites to the visitors side. We could also add some suites in the SEZ when they get rid of the hill. I wonder what the max seating is that we could add to the SEZ as well?
If they re-do east and west they need to move the stands way closer to the field now that the track is gone. That would create more room underneath the concourses.

311neers

Unread post by 311neers » Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:20 pm

Howard Street Hooligan wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:04 pm
The East, West and NEZ need to all connect a little better than it currently does. The hill is the least of our worries. It's 3 different designs and let's be real, it doesn't look great. There are some great parts, but not overall. Let's get some consistency across the board and expand the concourse area with more room to walk around and more concession stands and bathrooms as well. Ideally, I would love premium seating on the east as well, like the boxes on the West.
See my plan a few posts up. Adding another gate near "The Rock" to an elevated concrete concourse would help alleviate alot of issues. The NEZ concourse connecting E and W. Right now our stadium is "U" with no access in front of the NEZ. Creating a concourse under the overhang would bring it full circle (oval), literally. Creates more routes for ingress/egress, better safety, more room, more seating, more standing, more concessions, restrooms and connectivity. And would be cool to see the players come out under the stands in a tunnel. Do this before we waste money on the hill with a small budget.
Last edited by 311neers on Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”