Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Troy audio of App State FB game

Discussion about anything related to the Sun Belt Conference
McLeansvilleAppFan
School: Appalachian State

Troy audio of App State FB game

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:06 pm

I listened to the last 2 minutes of the game of the Troy audio.

They questioned the time clock a bit and after the catch and TD was quite for 20 seconds of no talking and all you can hear in the roar of the crowd. They had a lot of composure to be honest.

One announcer also called the safety and free kick.

Last play is around the 5 hour 29 minute mark of the audio.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Re: Troy audio of App State FB game

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:09 pm

Post game they suggested to give the game ball to the clock operator and also mentioned a few things that could have been done by Troy as well.

yikas1

Unread post by yikas1 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:10 pm

I wouldn't recommend going to a Troy online forum. They are shouting that we should be punished for storming the field and claiming their players were in harm's way. I did see video of one Troy player shoving down a kid running by him.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:17 pm

yikas1 wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:10 pm
I wouldn't recommend going to a Troy online forum. They are shouting that we should be punished for storming the field and claiming their players were in harm's way. I did see video of one Troy player shoving down a kid running by him.
Even if you visit their forums and are very nice it will come across as gloating so best to only lurk I imagine. I did thank them for visiting at the Game Day experience in the morning and in the stadium, but did not talk to them after the game. I always try and find visiting fans and thank them, especially if they are out of state. I usually mention I am a public employee and appreciate them spending some money in the state to help pay my salary.

I saw the video of the student getting pushed and the student either said something or just walked right in front of the player, or did both. Either way I don't blame the Troy player for the slight push, even if the student did a face plant.

If we are fined then so be it. I agree we need to protect the Troy players, staff and fans, even more than our own as they are the guests, but this was spontaneous. It is part of the passion of college sports.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:18 pm

I am typing this as I listen to their post-game. They mention the most ineffective person was the PA announcer announcing the need to leave the field and that it might go on into the morning.

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:25 pm

I assume they didn’t complain about the missed PI on Troy on our 4th and 2 on goal line after we got called for 2 PI penalties on one of their previous scoring drives.

Appstrong

Unread post by Appstrong » Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 pm

Troy can have a beef with the clock operator and we can have a beef with the officiating. I’m not so sure there should not have been 3 additional seconds on the clock after the intentional safety. Looks like Troy QB stepped on the back line before running out of the side of the end zone. Hard to see on video, but very close.

Apple@chin1

Unread post by Apple@chin1 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:08 pm

Appstrong wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 pm
Troy can have a beef with the clock operator and we can have a beef with the officiating. I’m not so sure there should not have been 3 additional seconds on the clock after the intentional safety. Looks like Troy QB stepped on the back line before running out of the side of the end zone. Hard to see on video, but very close.
I noticed that during the live broadcast and was yelling at my tv, like it could change the clock.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:09 pm

Appstrong wrote:
I noticed that as well and it seemed to be on the line and out on the back line instead of the sideline. Live it would be a tough call but on video he looked out of bounds on the end line.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:12 pm

I was sitting in a position where I thought he stepped on the end line. Also the refs were doing a good job of watching the clock. Tho it’s Lu complaint I had was lack of holding calls on Troy line in pass protection

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:15 pm

Appstrong wrote:
i tried to slow down the video. If he didn't step out, he's a very precise runner.

1ASU78

Unread post by 1ASU78 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:57 pm

I spoke to several Troy folks after the game. They all were very nice. One guy said best ball game he had ever been too. Another said hopefully we could meet in the CC game.

And the PA guy could have mentioned a medical emergency and also apologized for that noise when the cell phone pics were on the screen.

ukappfan

Unread post by ukappfan » Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:20 pm

I am not very good at Google. Is there a link to the Troy radio call?

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:28 pm

ukappfan wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:20 pm
I am not very good at Google. Is there a link to the Troy radio call?
Try this but it may not get you to the exact audio file. It will be in the ON DEMAND area.
[url]https://troytrojans.com/watch/?Live=4991&type=Live [url]

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:14 am

I was sitting right there. The Troy QB definitely stepped on the back line before going out the side.

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:19 am

appst89 wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:14 am
I was sitting right there. The Troy QB definitely stepped on the back line before going out the side.
I thought he stepped out in back of endzone in realtime, ref didn't call it until he went to side of endzone. However, I think that is why they added a few seconds back to clock because they probably reviewed it and determined that he was out in back of endzone, therefore we got the seconds back. That seemed logical and appropriate given the situation.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:24 am

yikas1 wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:10 pm
The kind of stuff you whine about when you lose.
Last edited by EastHallApp on Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:26 am

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:17 pm

I saw the video of the student getting pushed and the student either said something or just walked right in front of the player, or did both. Either way I don't blame the Troy player for the slight push, even if the student did a face plant.
Don't know if we saw the same video, but the one I saw it was not an App student, but a child. And it looked like he just ran by the Troy player, and the dude shoved him by the head. I'm actually surprised it hasn't been a bigger deal. My friend showed it to me and we both immediately said "that dude's getting suspended."

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:11 am

EastHallApp wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:26 am
McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:17 pm

Don't know if we saw the same video, but the one I saw it was not an App student, but a child. And it looked like he just ran by the Troy player, and the dude shoved him by the head. I'm actually surprised it hasn't been a bigger deal. My friend showed it to me and we both immediately said "that dude's getting suspended."
The child probably spit on him and called him boy.

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:33 am

Appstrong wrote:
I slowed that one down on my DVR and he was out of bounds in the back endzone so we should have had more time.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sun Belt Discussion”