Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Any word on how our 2022 FA's are doing?

AppStFan1
School: Appalachian State

Re: Any word on how our 2022 FA's are doing?

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:44 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:24 pm
AppFan11 wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:49 pm
Yea t4pizza….. we did underutilize him. I think Coach Clark soured on him and kind of stayed in his doghouse…. he was always the 4th wr even though he was the fastest player…hmm…. I think he has much greater upside…. If he keeps working at his craft. Congrats to Jalen!!
If Virgil was healthy and worked on his blocking, he would have been used way more. He was often injured and his down field blocking was to be desired.
I wondered if perhaps the WR coach did not want to have to work on his routes or for some reason got sour on him due to injury as well. So nobody was upset with him. He was just limited due to blocking and being injured? I still always thought that it would be good to try and get him on 1-2 deep balls every game. Just because he was not a good blocker to me is not a reason to avoid using his speed completely when healthy.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:58 pm

Washington didn't work on anybody's routes -- not just Virgils. My understanding is Washington actually pushed for Virgil to get more chances but he usually graded low in his film cuts so Clark and Ponce basically said no.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:17 pm

Just listening to Coach on weekly show.. timely quote when asked which WRs on team block the best. "No Block, No Rock"..if you are a WR with poor blocking skills, you are not seeing the rock...
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:46 pm

WE ARE YOSEF!

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:14 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:25 pm
AppFan11 wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:05 pm
AppStfan1 Evans situation isn’t as bad as some… look at the Raiders cut Alex Leatherwood from Bama was a 17th pick in the first round got cut today…. Evans will still catch on… maybe practice squad…
Oh there are definitely worse out there. He should have stayed as well and many said at the time that Alex was drafted too high. He should have gone in the third round. It still would have been as bad as it has been for Evans. Evans should latch on a practice squad though. Luckily there are no longer limits on experience to be on one.
Dude, stop with this nonsense. It’s embarrassing.

Evans was a third round draft pick in the NFL. His dream came true. Staying another year would not have changed his size or his draft stock. Lots of guys make it a couple years and then wash out for a number of reasons.

You don’t know these guys, nor their motivations. And you are not in a position to claim what they should or shouldn’t have done. Stop it.

Support our players, support their choices. Full stop.
YNWA

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:03 am

ah59396 wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:14 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
AppFan11 wrote:
AppStfan1 Evans situation isn’t as bad as some… look at the Raiders cut Alex Leatherwood from Bama was a 17th pick in the first round got cut today…. Evans will still catch on… maybe practice squad…
Oh there are definitely worse out there. He should have stayed as well and many said at the time that Alex was drafted too high. He should have gone in the third round. It still would have been as bad as it has been for Evans. Evans should latch on a practice squad though. Luckily there are no longer limits on experience to be on one.

Evans was a third round draft pick in the NFL. His dream came true. Staying another year would not have changed his size or his draft stock. Lots of guys make it a couple years and then wash out for a number of reasons.

You don’t know these guys, nor their motivations. And you are not in a position to claim what they should or shouldn’t have done. Stop it.

I get what you are saying and of course there could be motivations we don’t know about. With NIL though we should see less players jump before ready since they now have access to money legally. You are right that they made the choice and as long as they don’t regret their decisions then good for them.

Returning isn’t always about draft stock though. Sometimes a player could use another year to refine their skills. Would you rather be a second round pick who is a bust and out in 2 years or a 7th round pick who plays for a decade? I don’t think he would have gone any higher but he would have been more ready.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:46 am

Evans was a 3rd round pick. Nothing else needs to be said about readiness. He was on another roster for a year or two and behind one of the games best. One more year at App or being an NFL roster consuming football 24/7. That is a no brainer decision.
#99ForPresident!!

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:35 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:03 am
ah59396 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
AppFan11 wrote:

I get what you are saying and of course there could be motivations we don’t know about. With NIL though we should see less players jump before ready since they now have access to money legally. You are right that they made the choice and as long as they don’t regret their decisions then good for them.

Returning isn’t always about draft stock though. Sometimes a player could use another year to refine their skills. Would you rather be a second round pick who is a bust and out in 2 years or a 7th round pick who plays for a decade? I don’t think he would have gone any higher but he would have been more ready.
Boone isn't Clemson or Baton Rouge. I don't think any of our guys are getting NIL deals that are more lucrative than being a 3rd round draft choice. These guys have bet on themselves their entire lives. I would guess that if you give any of the guys a choice to be drafted in the third round and give them an opportunity to showcase their talent, or stay in college an extra year an possibly get hurt, they would go NFL 10/10 times. Think about Jalen Moore. Bet he wished he would have left a year earlier and gotten a chance to be an UDFA

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:11 am

The Rock wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:35 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:03 am
ah59396 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
AppFan11 wrote:

Boone isn't Clemson or Baton Rouge. I don't think any of our guys are getting NIL deals that are more lucrative than being a 3rd round draft choice. These guys have bet on themselves their entire lives. I would guess that if you give any of the guys a choice to be drafted in the third round and give them an opportunity to showcase their talent, or stay in college an extra year an possibly get hurt, they would go NFL 10/10 times. Think about Jalen Moore. Bet he wished he would have left a year earlier and gotten a chance to be an UDFA
I don’t know what money our guys are making. That would be a good question to find out if any are making six figures, which could make it easier to stay. Moore just had a bad injury and you can’t play the what if game there because it can happy any time before the pros. Hampton could have come out last year and gone in 3 or 4 but he knew he needed to improve in some areas so he made the right choice. Can’t look at hindsight if he gets hurt because he absolutely needed another year and if healthy it will pay off big for him.

Here is an interesting thought. When you grew up half your childhood playing NCAA Football video game it is a dream to be in it. Could that, along with NIL, sway some to stay who otherwise would go?

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:03 am

No. The dream is to be in the Madden game which is based upon being a professional athlete
#99ForPresident!!

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:58 pm

Demetrius Taylor Earns Spot on Lions 53-Man Roster

Undrafted rookie free agent has earned a spot on the Lions roster.

Every season, players who went undrafted are able to showcase their skills in training camp, in an effort to defy the odds and secure a spot on an NFL team's 53-man roster.

For the Detroit Lions, defensive tackle Demetrius Taylor has performed well above expectations.

According to the Detroit Free Press, Taylor has earned a spot on the Lions' initial 2022 53-man roster.

The 23-year-old went undrafted out of Appalachian State.

Detroit's coaching staff immediately took to Taylor, who consistently found himself in Detroit's backfield during camp practices.
BLACK SATURDAY

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:50 pm

Jolly made the Browns practice squad.I wonder where Sam Martin will land.Buffalo?

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:12 pm

I saw either on here or 247 that Hennigan got waived with an injury settlement, or maybe someone reported it. Turns out that is not true. I see he is listed on the Vikings IR though.

https://www.vikings.com/team/players-roster/

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:26 pm

Evans on PS with Bears.

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:02 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:50 pm
Jolly made the Browns practice squad.I wonder where Sam Martin will land.Buffalo?
Yes.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/344 ... att-araiza

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:14 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:46 am
Evans was a 3rd round pick. Nothing else needs to be said about readiness. He was on another roster for a year or two and behind one of the games best. One more year at App or being an NFL roster consuming football 24/7. That is a no brainer decision.
Plus, if Evan’s wouldn’t have had his own injuries last season, he would have stepped in or shared the work load when Henry went down.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:49 pm

Not FAs...but pretty good

Starting for the @Bengals, @AkeemDavis16 had a career-high 13 tackles (9 solo) and 1 TFL
#99ForPresident!!

TheMoody1

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:49 am

I know he is not a 2022 FA but, Colby Gossett got his first start yesterday in the Falcons road win over Seattle.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:16 pm

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:56 pm

Bummer.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Apps in the Pros”