Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Football Parking 2022

YesAppCan
School: Appalachian State

Re: Football Parking 2022

Unread post by YesAppCan » Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:25 pm

My 2¢ worth... Communication is priority one. Next, whether folks like it or not, I suspect a "bump" process will be needed going forward but EVERYTHING has to revert to Yosef points as the priority given.If a guy comes in with 10K as a newbie, he/she should be be prioritized based on what "points' that would give them. That is then compared to other donors who have their donations plus loyalty/cumulative points. The KEY here is to communicate to everyone that we have X-amount of spaces and they will be filled based on points, with all efforts being made to get folks in their desired lot--but with the understanding that one could be "bumped".
But that person bumped should be able to bump to the next lot he qualifies for.

AppStateGrad07

Unread post by AppStateGrad07 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:52 pm

Does anyone know if there's a way to get an accounting of your priority points through the years? I know I can see my total and the different ways to earn points in my MAF account, but if priority points are going to become increasingly important in the future, it would be nice to know that the balance is correct and to have a firm understanding of how a given year's donation increases your totals.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:14 pm

AppStateGrad07 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:52 pm
Does anyone know if there's a way to get an accounting of your priority points through the years? I know I can see my total and the different ways to earn points in my MAF account, but if priority points are going to become increasingly important in the future, it would be nice to know that the balance is correct and to have a firm understanding of how a given year's donation increases your totals.
I don’t think so. Maybe in the old system. My guess asking the YC would be met with a resounding “can’t do it”. I took a screenshot of the page and wrote a date on the screenshot.

ArmantiWaterSafety

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:22 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:14 pm
AppStateGrad07 wrote:
I don’t think so. Maybe in the old system. My guess asking the YC would be met with a resounding “can’t do it”. I took a screenshot of the page and wrote a date on the screenshot.
I had forgotten about that. The old system would let you enter in a theoretical donation and show you how far you'd move up in priority points. Wonder why they took that feature away with Paciolan?

ASUGrad2014

Unread post by ASUGrad2014 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:08 pm

mountaineerman wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:05 am
ASUGrad2014 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:46 am
appbud wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:10 am
I know the amount that we give would qualify for another lot but the wife prefers the rivers street deck so that’s what I request each year and was fortunate enough to get it again this year.
How is the Rivers Street Deck? I wish they would give designated spots there; especially up on the roof. I am seriously considering moving depending on how tailgating goes this year with us. We tailgate early enough that I don’t think we would have to worry about getting a good spot.
River street is extremely convenient and the tailgating is pretty good. Going by my parking pass on river street roof…it looks like we have a predetermined actual spot assigned already. In past years it was first come first serve . What was happening was people were getting into the deck then taking there pass back out to other cars .
Easiest way to tell is to go and look to see if numbers have been painted in the spots…. I bet the Yosef Club hasn’t done that.

Before we were Yosef Club members and season ticket holders, we parked in the deck and were up too in a corner…. It was awesome.

TurfMonkey

Unread post by TurfMonkey » Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:37 pm

Went by office in Feb to ask about some changes. Looks like the office is 2 work stations in a 15x 20 room. Both kids were nice as
heck. But I wondered how they could handle 2000 "Don't you know who I ams"?
Scott

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:41 pm

AppStateGrad07 wrote:
Call them.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:57 am

TurfMonkey wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:37 pm
Went by office in Feb to ask about some changes. Looks like the office is 2 work stations in a 15x 20 room. Both kids were nice as
heck. But I wondered how they could handle 2000 "Don't you know who I ams"?
Scott

Bingo. Exacta Mundo,
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:09 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:18 am
BambooRdApp wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:14 am
I read this as annual giving and not cumulative giving. Someone else may interpret it differently.
As such, there could be some newbies that gave more this year due to UNC coming to town...and would bump an existing member if they gave more.
That is too bad in my opinion.
I believe that annual giving allows you access to a certain lot, but does not guarantee you a spot. That’s where the points come in. So if the lot has 100 spaces and you have 101 people all donate the minimum to get into that lot, the 100 highest ranking in YC get the spots. Theoretically speaking.
I believe this is exactly how it is done. I went back and read the policy. Words are key. The language refers to annual giving and THEN priority points. Priority points only break a tie so to speak.
I kind of get why athletics dept has the program in this manner. They want the big donors committed on an annual basis and not a one time basis. If the other way around, a big donor could give $25K in year one and then $250 for a while and still get their premium spot. The athletics dept wants the behavior of I am all in annually.
As such, I can see, as the rules are written, someone gives $2000 this year as a first year member would bump a 7 year member who only gave $1000 this year.
I am not sure what has been communicated in the past in terms of priority points and mattering in determining a spot. It seems to me it only matters if it is to break a tie in donation giving. I will say it is a great question to ask at one of the conference calls they offer from time to time.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:40 pm

My understanding… Once you get a space as long as you give the needed amount for that parking lot every year you keep your spot. You do not get bumped. Those that don’t renew their donation become available spaces. Any available spots are then allocated based on requests, giving amounts and your priority points. Consistency is the key to yosef club donations and all parking allocations. If you skip a year you go to the bottom and then you are competing against others for any available spaces the next year. The big wrinkle over the past few years is we’ve lost spaces and then gained others as the university tears down dorms and builds new dorms and parking/parking decks across the campus.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:59 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:53 am
BallantyneApp wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:48 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:09 am
BallantyneApp wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:54 am
WASU 93 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:45 am

While I'm not at the same giving level as you. I increased my giving and met in person with a staff member to make sure that our group of season ticket holders was linked back together. I was bumped to Legends three seasons ago and cannot get back to the Library Parking Deck no matter what action I take.

(On the flip side, I have a spot) DG or someone needs to get creative for the 500 who didn't get parking. Sure it might require buses, but strike a deal with the Community College, Boone Mall, Beaver Field, the Mack, etc to allow a parking and tailgating lot for our Season Ticket holders.
Don't push season tickets if you are unable to accommodate parking for those who make the pledge.

Game days should be a fun, relaxing day in Boone amping up to the game. Instead, we have 500 who will have to pay out of pocket for a spot or sweat out parking on a weekly basis. (It could even be an opportunity for a local business to step up an offer spaces).

The season opener is going to be an absolute cluster with the parking uncertainty and the early kickoff/late arrivals up the mountain.
How developed is Appalachian 105?

I think it would be cool ot have field parking there and run Appalcart all day.

It could actually bring about a nice cohesive tailgate center if we used the TF field and the multipurpose field
It could work. Although I believe that is where students have to park their cars on Gameday.
they park in the fields or in the parking lots? I'm talking about opening up the fields for parking.
I can’t see them opening up the athletic field to foot traffic.
Was it Yogi Berra or Casey Stengel that said, “we can’t allow foot traffic on the field, athletes have to walk on it.”.?
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:06 pm

I say rent parking space at Grandfather Mountain for the Heels and let them walk to KBS.
Google SUX

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:19 pm

NewApp wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:06 pm
I say rent parking space at Grandfather Mountain for the Heels and let them walk to KBS.
Wrong thread maybe. We have a thread just for UNC-CHeat parking. This is mostly about general parking thoughts it seems.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:40 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:19 pm
NewApp wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:06 pm
Wrong thread maybe. We have a thread just for UNC-CHeat parking. This is mostly about general parking thoughts it seems.
There are many posts in three threads about parking for the game.
Google SUX

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:06 pm

Appstate88 wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:40 pm
My understanding… Once you get a space as long as you give the needed amount for that parking lot every year you keep your spot. You do not get bumped. Those that don’t renew their donation become available spaces. Any available spots are then allocated based on requests, giving amounts and your priority points. Consistency is the key to yosef club donations and all parking allocations. If you skip a year you go to the bottom and then you are competing against others for any available spaces the next year. The big wrinkle over the past few years is we’ve lost spaces and then gained others as the university tears down dorms and builds new dorms and parking/parking decks across the campus.
”Once you get a space as long as you give the needed amount for that parking lot every year you keep your spot. You do not get bumped.”

That statement/assumption is totally unrealistic and impossible. We want and need new or old members to pay higher contributions going forward. With a limited supply of parking that model doesn’t work, nor is it fair.

For example, if we have 1,000 parking spaces, however they calculate rank, the top 1,000 ranked members should get first dibs, period.

TheMoody1

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:25 am

Appstate88 wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:40 pm
My understanding… Once you get a space as long as you give the needed amount for that parking lot every year you keep your spot. You do not get bumped.
I have a friend that donated more this year and was still bumped.

canes_mj

Unread post by canes_mj » Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:16 am

We're all speculating. Doesn't seem like there is a real policy or if there is it isn't applied consistently. This is the first time we've ever sold out season tickets; construction going on these past 2 years...so my though is that this is the first time dealing with a lot of these issues and that there's no real policy for doing so. My one friend gives over 3K per year, and they got put in the wrong lot after being told by Yosef in a personal conversation they were moving back to their original lot after being moved d/t construction last year; we've read the stories of people giving 2-3K who didn't get parking at all (see the Today I Give My All Group on Facebook). My other friend gives $650, and is in year 2 of being a Yosef member and season ticket holder, and not only did he get parking, but also got his space this year upgraded from Legends to Library. So in his case it's neither a donation amount issue or a longevity/points issue that would allow for the upgrade. So none of the offered explanations are applicable. I think it's just very disorganized and they did the best they could but that ended up being not very good.

They're going to have to come up with a policy. And they're definitely going to have to fix the "if you give the minimum you don't get bumped." Sorry but if someone is giving $250 or $500, and a new 1st year donor donates 1,2,3K etc, they should get priority. If both give equal amounts, this is when points and longevity should come in.

ArmantiWaterSafety

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:58 am

canes_mj wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:16 am
We're all speculating. Doesn't seem like there is a real policy or if there is it isn't applied consistently. This is the first time we've ever sold out season tickets; construction going on these past 2 years...so my though is that this is the first time dealing with a lot of these issues and that there's no real policy for doing so. My one friend gives over 3K per year, and they got put in the wrong lot after being told by Yosef in a personal conversation they were moving back to their original lot after being moved d/t construction last year; we've read the stories of people giving 2-3K who didn't get parking at all (see the Today I Give My All Group on Facebook). My other friend gives $650, and is in year 2 of being a Yosef member and season ticket holder, and not only did he get parking, but also got his space this year upgraded from Legends to Library. So in his case it's neither a donation amount issue or a longevity/points issue that would allow for the upgrade. So none of the offered explanations are applicable. I think it's just very disorganized and they did the best they could but that ended up being not very good.

They're going to have to come up with a policy. And they're definitely going to have to fix the "if you give the minimum you don't get bumped." Sorry but if someone is giving $250 or $500, and a new 1st year donor donates 1,2,3K etc, they should get priority. If both give equal amounts, this is when points and longevity should come in.
Very well put. There are only two real possibilities:

1) They have a policy and it was incredibly mismanaged as evidenced by many stories in this thread.
2) They don't have an official policy which would be ridiculous at this point of growth.

Either way, either make a policy or publish the current policy. I've emailed 3 different people asking for clarification and none have been returned. These were relatively kindly worded emails too so it's not like I'm an angry customer. It's almost like they're covering their butts by not publishing a policy so they can just say a different reason as to why something worked out the way it did to whoever calls that day.

The only thing I can speculate is the "if you give the minimum you don't get bumped" is true which it seems like it is except in some rare circumstances, that throws 983 wrenches into the mix. In that way, you can have a thousand people competing for 20 spots. Your last paragraph illustrates what I think a fair and just system would look like, with the caveat of if you've given enough for parking for 7+ (or 10, pick a number) years consecutively, you're guaranteed to have parking at least somewhere. There shouldn't ever be a situation where you've given for that long and are not assigned parking.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:33 am

If the policy is initially based upon annual giving and then secondary based on points. (break the tie )....one would think this is an easy download both ideas from the system into excel exercise....then sort primary by current year gift and secondary by points..... maybe I am making this too easy and our new MAF system is not that easy to work with.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:06 am

BambooRdApp wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:33 am
If the policy is initially based upon annual giving and then secondary based on points. (break the tie )....one would think this is an easy download both ideas from the system into excel exercise....then sort primary by current year gift and secondary by points..... maybe I am making this too easy and our new MAF system is not that easy to work with.
I agree that this can be managed with an excel exercise. List your spaces 1 in the Champions Lot to whatever the last numbered space in Legends and assign by whatever your policy is. Current donation 1st then priority points to break ties. Sorry monkey.

Just trying play devil’s advocate, I wonder how many of these YC members that had parking and got bumped, forgot to submit their parking requests when they renewed. They asked to put your three desired spots. Maybe some folks forgot to do this so the YC assumed that they no longer needed parking. Just asking.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”