Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

GaSo gameday resources

AppAlum1

GaSo gameday resources

Unread post by AppAlum1 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:47 pm

Gentlemens:
My son and I and his wife, with five degrees from App State between us, have decided,come hell or high water, to attend the annual GaSo vs. AppState kerfuffle on Nov. 26 at the Stink. My DIL has never experienced such, and she’s a brave soul! I understand the game has a 6:00 kickoff. Savannah is exactly the wrong direction to find a place to stay that night. Can anyone on the MMB share their suggestions on where to stay in Statesboro or west of there on game night?? Dont want to drive an hour+ after the game. Would prefer a B&B or Vrbo deal not motel. Thanks for your suggestions!

Bootsy
School: Appalachian State

Re: GaSo gameday resources

Unread post by Bootsy » Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:54 pm

National chain hotels in Statesboro? very few.
Bedbugs in Statesboro hotels: many.

sixtoes9134

Unread post by sixtoes9134 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:38 am

It’s less than an hour to the Savannah airport area off I-95. Tons of hotels there.

proasu89

Unread post by proasu89 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:08 am

AppAlum1 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:47 pm
Gentlemens:
My son and I and his wife, with five degrees from App State between us, have decided,come hell or high water, to attend the annual GaSo vs. AppState kerfuffle on Nov. 26 at the Stink. My DIL has never experienced such, and she’s a brave soul! I understand the game has a 6:00 kickoff. Savannah is exactly the wrong direction to find a place to stay that night. Can anyone on the MMB share their suggestions on where to stay in Statesboro or west of there on game night?? Dont want to drive an hour+ after the game. Would prefer a B&B or Vrbo deal not motel. Thanks for your suggestions!
There is a Hampton Inn in Statesboro. Had the pleasure of witnessing a drug bust in the lobby several years back.

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:12 am

Seriously, though...in my prior job, I spent a lot of time in Savannah. So if anyone needs recommendations, please let me know.

If you want a VRBO, I'd look for one in Savannah and just stay there. Weather in Savannah is usually nice at that time of year!

One eatery I can recommend without hesitation is Spanky's Pizza Galley & Saloon. Two locations, one by the mall and the other is downtown on River St. The locals eat here and the restaurants aren't fancy, but the food is very good and reasonably priced. I've had some very pleasant conversations with GASO football fans there.

https://www.spankysriverstreet.com/

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”