Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Football Parking 2022

ArmantiWaterSafety
School: Appalachian State

Re: Football Parking 2022

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:28 pm

spacemonkey wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:42 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:17 pm
Personally, I don’t have a problem with bumping. If someone can give more than I do, they deserve the spot. I can donate more or give it up,
Personally, I do. Those "Johnny come lately" fans will be the first to disappear if we start losing. The fans that have those spots have been buying tickets for a long time and should not get bumped. I moved and don't plan to move back. They made their decision and I made mine. No hard feelings but don't come ask for help when it blows up. They better hope we keep winning.
That's a broad generalization of who these recent Yosef Club members are. I joined in 2020. I prioritized paying off my student loans over donating and got season tickets as soon as I could afford them. I certainly won't be disappearing if we start losing as I've been a rabid fan long before I could afford tickets. And by that train-of-thought, those that have been buying tickets for a long time that got bumped will get bumped right back up when they leave.

All the time on here we talk about why we have low donor numbers and how we don't have many programs on campus that produce high earning alumni, but then create a program that discourages people to donate more because we essentially give parking immunity to longevity.

This really only affects a very small amount of people. Presumably if someone has been donating for a long time, they have a lot of priority points. It would take a younger donor a lot of money to catch up with that person in priority points, which IMO should give the younger donor the opportunity to bump them.

I like to test the logic of policies by taking them to the extremes. Taking emotions out of it, what makes better sense economically to the university: Person A who is 70 years old who has given 100 dollars a year for 40 years or Person B who is 40 years old who went and got a mega high-income job and starts donating 5000/year? It would literally take person B 1 year to give more than Person A (cost of season tickets excluded), but Person B can't ever bump Person A from their spot. They are both valuable contributors because every dollar matters, but the economics of next years season ticket/donation changes point to the fact that the University needs money to take it to the next level. It's not like we're bumping Person A from attending the games or even parking, they just may have to park slightly farther away to make room for someone who is likely to continue giving at a high level.

If I donated 2000 a year and got a spot in Peacock for the next 5 years, and then some person at the end of that 5 years wanted a spot in Peacock and donated 3000 and ended up with more priority points than me through a combination of circumstances, I would fully expect and understand getting demoted to the next lot to make room.

ArmantiWaterSafety

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:31 pm

joshjj23 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:59 pm
Just found out I didn't get parking. Been season ticket holder for 7 years. Always parked in rivers. Shitty part is I just found out they actually called my friend and asked him for more money to park there. Why did some people get that option and some didn't?
Just curious, did you reach the minimum donation of $650 for that lot this year? If not, I don't know why you wouldn't have just been bumped down to the next level.
Last edited by ArmantiWaterSafety on Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:38 pm

ArmantiWaterSafety wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:28 pm
spacemonkey wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
Personally, I don’t have a problem with bumping. If someone can give more than I do, they deserve the spot. I can donate more or give it up,
Personally, I do. Those "Johnny come lately" fans will be the first to disappear if we start losing. The fans that have those spots have been buying tickets for a long time and should not get bumped. I moved and don't plan to move back. They made their decision and I made mine. No hard feelings but don't come ask for help when it blows up. They better hope we keep winning.
That's a broad generalization of who these recent Yosef Club members are. I joined in 2020. I prioritized paying off my student loans over donating and got season tickets as soon as I could afford them. I certainly won't be disappearing if we start losing as I've been a rabid fan long before I could afford tickets. And by that train-of-thought, those that have been buying tickets for a long time that got bumped will get bumped right back up when they leave.

All the time on here we talk about why we have low donor numbers and how we don't have many programs on campus that produce high earning alumni, but then create a program that discourages people to donate more because we essentially give parking immunity to longevity.

This really only affects a very small amount of people. Presumably if someone has been donating for a long time, they have a lot of priority points. It would take a younger donor a lot of money to catch up with that person in priority points, which IMO should give the younger donor the opportunity to bump them.

I like to test the logic of policies by taking them to the extremes. Taking emotions out of it, what makes better sense economically to the university: Person A who is 70 years old who has given 100 dollars a year for 40 years or Person B who is 40 years old who went and got a mega high-income job and starts donating 5000/year? It would literally take person B 1 year to give more than Person A (cost of season tickets excluded), but Person B can't ever bump Person A from their spot. They are both valuable contributors because every dollar matters, but the economics of next years season ticket/donation changes point to the fact that the University needs money to take it to the next level. It's not like we're bumping Person A from attending the games or even parking, they just may have to park slightly farther away to make room for someone who is likely to continue giving at a high level.

If I donated 2000 a year and got a spot in Peacock for the next 5 years, and then some person at the end of that 5 years wanted a spot in Peacock and donated 3000 and ended up with more priority points than me through a combination of circumstances, I would fully expect and understand getting demoted to the next lot to make room.
Pay him no mind. He isn’t interested in the school or athletic program getting better if it adversely affects his needs. He seems quite content to root for failure if he isn’t going to benefit from the success.

There was a reason that I blocked this guy and I apologize to all of you that inconvenienced through my attempt to engage with a wall. Carry on.

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:55 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:38 pm
spacemonkey wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:

Pay him no mind. He isn’t interested in the school or athletic program getting better if it adversely affects his needs. He seems quite content to root for failure if he isn’t going to benefit from the success.

There was a reason that I blocked this guy and I apologize to all of you that inconvenienced through my attempt to engage with a wall. Carry on.
It is not that broad of a generalization...by definition it means recent. It will take you a while to prove your words. I hope you do. Congrats on paying off the debt and making good choices. I am pretty sure Appstate94 is recent as well. I hope he sticks around for many many years to block me.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:56 pm

spacemonkey wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:55 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:38 pm
spacemonkey wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:

It is not that broad of a generalization...by definition it means recent. It will take you a while to prove your words. I hope you do. Congrats on paying off the debt and making good choices. I am pretty sure Appstate94 is recent as well. I hope he sticks around for many many years to block me.
Just so you know, long time members are getting bumped from their spots. I have a friend who was in stadium spot 11. You can imagine how long he has been giving to have that spot and he was giving in multiples of $1000. Got bumped from the top of the deck this year. I got bump last year because the automated second portion of my payment didn’t get paid. And nobody even bothered to call me. Just got my tag moving me from Duncan to festival parking in the River St. deck. People aren’t being able to give a $100 bucks, buy one ticket and keep a parking spot.

WXAPP

Unread post by WXAPP » Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:05 pm

Keep in mind, as we were told when construction started, we are still down a parking lot. That lot is back next year and, I believe, we'll have additional parking added after the new indoor practice complex is completed. I think in the excitement of this year, we've lost larger view of the bigger picture going on.
Twitter: @wxcrum

postalapp90

Unread post by postalapp90 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:25 pm

This is pretty much a one year thing. YC membership increased from around 4500 to 6000. Almost all of this can be attributed to UNC at home. It would be suprising to me if we have any more than a little over 5000 next year. More spaces should be available from completed construction also. Would love to see the numbers on the 3 year pledge promise although it seems some were confused by this and mistakenly checked or didnt check the box.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:33 pm

It galls me that it took UNC coming here to get people to pony up. I have no problem with it costing more.

coachprouty

Unread post by coachprouty » Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:47 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:33 pm
It galls me that it took UNC coming here to get people to pony up. I have no problem with it costing more.
Sure it wasn't for Citadel or Robert Morris?
App. Alum '10 '22
Section 207

postalapp90

Unread post by postalapp90 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:22 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
I agree and sadly I think this will be a one trick pony for quite a few.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:35 pm

The 2025 schedule might keep some people around.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:23 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
And if that’s what it takes then great. We need to host a P5 every year if we can and do so if it takes us a playing at their place 2-3 times. Playing FCS teams does nothing for us. I know we want home games but we need 2-3 really high quality home games every year so we can say that if you want a ticket you must buy season tickets and raise the donation a little bit.

Can you imagine the recruiting bump we will get if we beat UNC at home? This game is huge for the program and we need more of them.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:29 pm

When or lose, how do you actually think that this affects recruiting? We didn’t gain any advantages to recruiting when we won in 2019. Inquiring minds want to know.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:45 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:29 pm
When or lose, how do you actually think that this affects recruiting? We didn’t gain any advantages to recruiting when we won in 2019. Inquiring minds want to know.
It shows we are not an every 10 year fluke and we will have a better chance with the higher rated not getting any NIL $ recruits.

Pisgahman1

Unread post by Pisgahman1 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:32 pm

I know tickets are are being sent electronically, but what about parking tags?Anyone perhaps know?
Go Apps!

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:38 pm

I think the game does help with recruiting. It showcases a packed house and great environment to play in. If I were a recruit, I want to play in a great atmosphere with packed houses. Is it at the top of my list, no. My comfortability with coaching staff, winning culture, and comfort level on campus, etc. are higher. However, if it is a close decision between two schools, knowing I will play in a packed house does factor in my decision
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

A2534

Unread post by A2534 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:46 pm

Anyone park in JET lot? I got moved to Row 2 Seat 43 this year after being in greenwood. Just wondering how many rows they have in JET. Thanks!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:49 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:38 pm
I think the game does help with recruiting. It showcases a packed house and great environment to play in. If I were a recruit, I want to play in a great atmosphere with packed houses. Is it at the top of my list, no. My comfortability with coaching staff, winning culture, and comfort level on campus, etc. are higher. However, if it is a close decision between two schools, knowing I will play in a packed house does factor in my decision
I think the atmosphere does influence some kids in our favor. And all of what you said is also true. But there is a ceiling to that influence and while it the atmosphere will could help sway kids on the fence with other G5s, I don’t think that it makes a difference when a kid is picking between us and a P5.

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:04 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:49 pm
BambooRdApp wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:38 pm
I think the atmosphere does influence some kids in our favor. And all of what you said is also true. But there is a ceiling to that influence and while it the atmosphere will could help sway kids on the fence with other G5s, I don’t think that it makes a difference when a kid is picking between us and a P5.
94 you’ve got to be the all time leading poster by far. You’ve answered every post .

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:21 pm

Feeling fortunate to have parking space.
Last edited by Appstate88 on Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”