Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Football Parking 2022

BallantyneApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: Football Parking 2022

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:54 am

WASU 93 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:45 am
ArmantiWaterSafety wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:45 am
Can someone on here make this make sense?? Or lead me to the right contact to call/email?

For those who haven't seen my ramblings on here, I was given Legends lot last year. I'm going to give a call tomorrow after I've cooled off a bit, but I once again got Legends lot. This was after filling out their parking request form very articulately saying I did not want Legends lot again.

My current ranking is 966 out of 6432, I've donated above the Golden Mountaineer ($1500) level for 2 years now and was at the $500 level the first year I was a member in 2020.

I truly feel like I'm wasting my time filling out their forms and comments on the ordering pages because they are clearly not being read. I wouldn't say I'm a giant donor by any means but this is incredibly frustrating to feel like they legitimately don't care about you unless you're a 5 figure donor.
While I'm not at the same giving level as you. I increased my giving and met in person with a staff member to make sure that our group of season ticket holders was linked back together. I was bumped to Legends three seasons ago and cannot get back to the Library Parking Deck no matter what action I take.

(On the flip side, I have a spot) DG or someone needs to get creative for the 500 who didn't get parking. Sure it might require buses, but strike a deal with the Community College, Boone Mall, Beaver Field, the Mack, etc to allow a parking and tailgating lot for our Season Ticket holders.
Don't push season tickets if you are unable to accommodate parking for those who make the pledge.

Game days should be a fun, relaxing day in Boone amping up to the game. Instead, we have 500 who will have to pay out of pocket for a spot or sweat out parking on a weekly basis. (It could even be an opportunity for a local business to step up an offer spaces).

The season opener is going to be an absolute cluster with the parking uncertainty and the early kickoff/late arrivals up the mountain.
How developed is Appalachian 105?

I think it would be cool ot have field parking there and run Appalcart all day.

It could actually bring about a nice cohesive tailgate center if we used the TF field and the multipurpose field

sixtoes9134

Unread post by sixtoes9134 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:55 am

smokeshow wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:48 am
FYI the policy at App State for parking does not give you the ability to push someone out of an existing spot even if you give me. If I have a spot in Duncan and have had that spot for 10 years and give at the minimum level. No one can come in and bump me from my spot. They give priority to existing members.
Correct. I am on library deck roof. I give at the level required. The are not going to tell me someone gave more than me and boot me out. Doesn’t work that way.

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:01 am

smokeshow wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:40 am
Anybody know what Level Lot is? Rank 600 wondering if they renamed Railey or Duncan
Mine says level lot also not sure what that is.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:06 am

sixtoes9134 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:55 am
smokeshow wrote:
FYI the policy at App State for parking does not give you the ability to push someone out of an existing spot even if you give me. If I have a spot in Duncan and have had that spot for 10 years and give at the minimum level. No one can come in and bump me from my spot. They give priority to existing members.
Correct. I am on library deck roof. I give at the level required. The are not going to tell me someone gave more than me and boot me out. Doesn’t work that way.
It shouldn't work that way, but I was pushed out of Library to Legends three years ago and I did not decrease giving. You may not be bumped because of someone increasing giving, but as the Stadium Lot disappeared, those who were displaced had to go somewhere and it trickled down.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:07 am

smokeshow wrote:
Seems like they should revisit that policy. I’m not in disagreement with the policy, but let’s say that there are 100 spots in the new Justice Lot, guessing. I haven’t “Googled” it. But let’s say it’s full of $3500 donors. So if a new donor, or someone increasing their level to $4500 comes in, they can’t move in and bump someone down? Are we going to give them a Legends Lot pass and say thanks? That doesn’t seem right either.

sixtoes9134

Unread post by sixtoes9134 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:09 am

A new donor is not going to trump someone who has been donating for 20-30 years. Not gonna happen.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:09 am

BallantyneApp wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:54 am
WASU 93 wrote:
Can someone on here make this make sense?? Or lead me to the right contact to call/email?

For those who haven't seen my ramblings on here, I was given Legends lot last year. I'm going to give a call tomorrow after I've cooled off a bit, but I once again got Legends lot. This was after filling out their parking request form very articulately saying I did not want Legends lot again.

My current ranking is 966 out of 6432, I've donated above the Golden Mountaineer ($1500) level for 2 years now and was at the $500 level the first year I was a member in 2020.

I truly feel like I'm wasting my time filling out their forms and comments on the ordering pages because they are clearly not being read. I wouldn't say I'm a giant donor by any means but this is incredibly frustrating to feel like they legitimately don't care about you unless you're a 5 figure donor.
While I'm not at the same giving level as you. I increased my giving and met in person with a staff member to make sure that our group of season ticket holders was linked back together. I was bumped to Legends three seasons ago and cannot get back to the Library Parking Deck no matter what action I take.

(On the flip side, I have a spot) DG or someone needs to get creative for the 500 who didn't get parking. Sure it might require buses, but strike a deal with the Community College, Boone Mall, Beaver Field, the Mack, etc to allow a parking and tailgating lot for our Season Ticket holders.
Don't push season tickets if you are unable to accommodate parking for those who make the pledge.

Game days should be a fun, relaxing day in Boone amping up to the game. Instead, we have 500 who will have to pay out of pocket for a spot or sweat out parking on a weekly basis. (It could even be an opportunity for a local business to step up an offer spaces).

The season opener is going to be an absolute cluster with the parking uncertainty and the early kickoff/late arrivals up the mountain.

It could actually bring about a nice cohesive tailgate center if we used the TF field and the multipurpose field
It could work. Although I believe that is where students have to park their cars on Gameday.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:11 am

sixtoes9134 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:09 am
A new donor is not going to trump someone who has been donating for 20-30 years. Not gonna happen.
Ok, so where do you move them without bumping someone? I got a spot last year in the middle of Peacock. Did I bump someone down or was it an instance where a spot magically appeared?

smokeshow

Unread post by smokeshow » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:15 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:11 am
sixtoes9134 wrote:
Ok, so where do you move them without bumping someone? I got a spot last year in the middle of Peacock. Did I bump someone down or was it an instance where a spot magically appeared?
That means someone left that lot and you were first in line to get it with priority points. That's how all of it works. That's why you will never see a new vehicle in Music lot those ppl have had those spots for decades.

smokeshow

Unread post by smokeshow » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:18 am

New donors get to play the game. App values longevity to newer richer folks. I'm ranked 600 which is fairly good if I want to get into the new Justice lot I make my request and hope I'm high enough over the others that are asking. Once that lot is full I just make my rankings known each year hoping someone leaves. This is good for the university.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:22 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:11 am
sixtoes9134 wrote:
Will see if they are able to do that when they bounce folks from Peacock to build the parking deck.

CLTApp11

Unread post by CLTApp11 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:33 am

My guess is a lot of this gets sorted out in the next year or two. They'll increase minimum donation requirements for each lot and some long time givers won't budge. They'll get bumped down opening the door more recent higher level members to move into better lots.

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:34 am

So, if a new donor who is willing to write a $25,000 check is being recruited, they will have to park in whatever lot "may" be available? Good luck landing that donor if they're told they have to park in Legends or HHS lot, or since they're on the bottom of the list they may not even get a spot. That doesn't make sense.
WE ARE YOSEF!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:36 am

goapps93 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:34 am
So, if a new donor who is willing to write a $25,000 check is being recruited, they will have to park in whatever lot "may" be available? Good luck landing that donor if they're told they have to park in Legends or HHS lot, or since they're on the bottom of the list they may not even get a spot. That doesn't make sense.
Agree. I’m pretty sure Mark Ricks can park where he wants.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:38 am

smokeshow wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:18 am
New donors get to play the game. App values longevity to newer richer folks. I'm ranked 600 which is fairly good if I want to get into the new Justice lot I make my request and hope I'm high enough over the others that are asking. Once that lot is full I just make my rankings known each year hoping someone leaves. This is good for the university.
So let’s say I gave enough to get me into Justice but parked elsewhere for convenience. Say I want to move to Justice and my priority level exceeds 10 current Justice Lot donors. Are you saying that I shouldn’t be able to bump one?

smokeshow

Unread post by smokeshow » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:41 am

What your talking about is a separate discussion there aren't 100s of ppl dropping 25k dollar checks each year.

smokeshow

Unread post by smokeshow » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:47 am

Also Mark Ricks ain't driving to these games this sucker is being picked up at the airport or wherever and being brought in hahaha

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:48 am

AppSt94 wrote:
BallantyneApp wrote:
WASU 93 wrote:

It could work. Although I believe that is where students have to park their cars on Gameday.
they park in the fields or in the parking lots? I'm talking about opening up the fields for parking.

sixtoes9134

Unread post by sixtoes9134 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:50 am

BallantyneApp wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:48 am
AppSt94 wrote:
BallantyneApp wrote:
WASU 93 wrote:

they park in the fields or in the parking lots? I'm talking about opening up the fields for parking.
When we went to Penn State, there was a TON of field parking

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:53 am

The new parking lot where Coltrane and Gardner were will provide about 150 spaces should be premium tailgating.

There should be another almost 120 spaces in the new lot that will encompass Bowie eggers in the parking lot behind that was previously about 60 spaces. Obviously that won't be available until next season. But again that parking lot plus the top of the new 477 space deck will be pretty flat premium tailgating.

As far as the total number of completed spaces on West campus, here is an excerpt from the Watauga Democrat from several years ago:

The 477-space parking deck, which extends into a portion of the Stadium Lot parking area, will net 250 additional parking spaces on the west side of campus, according to the university.

So when this is all finished there will be 250 additional spaces on the west campus than there were before all of the construction.

The university has put out the request for planning an architecture for the new 600 space deck behind the Holmes Center. If you want to see all the fun details click on this link and then look at the links inside provided by the university:

https://pdc.appstate.edu/rfps

The entire parking study is included. As well as info on what's going to happen with Edwin Duncan renovation and Peacock Hall addition and renovation.

So each parking space in the new deck is going to cost a little over 18,000 to construct. Parking deck spaces and parking in general isn't cheap.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”