Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Eli comments of Vols getting major violations from NCAA

Captain Morgan
School: Appalachian State

Eli comments of Vols getting major violations from NCAA

Unread post by Captain Morgan » Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:44 pm

'75App

Re: Eli comments of Vols getting major violations from NCAA

Unread post by '75App » Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:37 pm

Ole Eli should have a fun day in Knoxville on Saturday, November 12th this year!!

GO APPS!

sixtoes9134

Unread post by sixtoes9134 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:50 pm

Eli is dead to me. I will never change my mind on that.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:16 am

I have no real love for Drinkwitz, nor do I have any issue with him. I don't wish him bad things...but it is pretty tacky and a bit petty if you have to rely on wins being vacated in order to boost your record. He probably thought that was a clever segue into the topic, but just falls very flat to me. Take the high road, Coach

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:35 am

It's the off season...let 'em jaw. This is what makes the SEC entertaining. Coaches go at each other. Jimbo v Saban...Eli v Tennessee...Spurrier v everyone. Steve Spurrier really was the goat at trolling other programs. Two of my favorites were when he said there was a fire at the Auburn library, and the truly devastating part was not all the coloring books had been colored in yet, and when he said he liked playing Georgia early in the season because you could always count for 3 or 4 of their star players being suspended.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:44 am

You can't spell citrus without UT...that was one of my favorite quotes from Spurrier...
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:14 pm

Drink needs to pick on Vandy not Tennesse.
Bring Your A Game!

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:32 pm

Classic SEC coach trick: Pick a fight with a conference rival to get fans behind you and distract from your mediocre record.

appstate24

Unread post by appstate24 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:27 pm

Drink is as smug as they come. I appreciate the season we had with him at the helm. I’ve said all along he needs to be giving Satt the biggest Christmas gift every year, because Satt set him and his family up for life.

Don’t keep up with Mizzou. Like the rest of the country, I never really even think of them. But I do get pleasure when that dork runs his mouth, and then gets smacked around.

GO APPS!!

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:28 pm

appstate24 wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:27 pm
Drink is as smug as they come. I appreciate the season we had with him at the helm. I’ve said all along he needs to be giving Satt the biggest Christmas gift every year, because Satt set him and his family up for life.

Don’t keep up with Mizzou. Like the rest of the country, I never really even think of them. But I do get pleasure when that dork runs his mouth, and then gets smacked around.

GO APPS!!
I feel exactly the same. I try not to ever pull against someone but he did get a loaded team with AppState. Satt on the other hand...I can't stand Louisville but I have a hard time pulling against them because I want Satterfield to succeed.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:14 am

My only setback with Drinkwitz is how he left. He told the players there wasn't any truth to the rumors, he wasn't going anywhere, tweeted out a picture of his at his daughters balet that happened a night (or 2) prior to make it seem like he loved Boone and wasn't leaving, etc. It literally took Gillin saying something along the lines of "We all know you're not telling the truth here" for him to finally come forward and admit it.

He's a coward in that regard. But, I also don't blame him for leaving and taking the money. He never has to work again for him, his kids, and his grandkids to be VERY comfortable for their lives.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:16 am

AppStateNews wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:14 am
My only setback with Drinkwitz is how he left. He told the players there wasn't any truth to the rumors, he wasn't going anywhere, tweeted out a picture of his at his daughters balet that happened a night (or 2) prior to make it seem like he loved Boone and wasn't leaving, etc. It literally took Gillin saying something along the lines of "We all know you're not telling the truth here" for him to finally come forward and admit it.

He's a coward in that regard. But, I also don't blame him for leaving and taking the money. He never has to work again for him, his kids, and his grandkids to be VERY comfortable for their lives.
Really no need for an endless Drink slam fest because its pointless and we come off like children. I only wanted to add one small observation I had back when he was here that gave me serious doubts. It was during a Mountaineer Talk show and Adam asked Drink about his favorite local restaurant choice. Again, this is nothing but the vague (didn't seem to care) answer told me a lot. I don't even recall exactly what he said but his tone and body language said a lot. Told he that he and his family were not really invested in Boone. I agree with most, don't blame him a bit for taking the money but had he gone to a crappy program after leaving NC State and maybe gone .500 no way that deal happens.

AppWyo

Unread post by AppWyo » Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:22 am

I am glad that he was only in Boone for thirteen games. However, if you believe the conspiracy theories, the entire Drinkwitz hire was a setup to hire Clark who they really wanted, but knew would be a hard sell.

Drinkwitz was the rebound relationship after believing we were in a long term relationship with Satterfield. You knew it would not last, but you did not expect it to be over so soon.

TractorApp

Unread post by TractorApp » Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:06 pm

Don’t think I will take anything regarding character seriously from a guy that doesn’t fulfill his commitments to his players and staff.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:59 pm

One of my favorite nuggets from the last week of Eli is that he thought he was getting the Arkansas job and didn't even know Mizzou was flying to North Wilkesboro to meet him until after the Sun Belt title game when he checked his phone.

The only thing I'm mad about is lying to the players. Satterfield told the players he was leaving.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:43 pm

AppWyo wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:22 am
I am glad that he was only in Boone for thirteen games. However, if you believe the conspiracy theories, the entire Drinkwitz hire was a setup to hire Clark who they really wanted, but knew would be a hard sell.

Drinkwitz was the rebound relationship after believing we were in a long term relationship with Satterfield. You knew it would not last, but you did not expect it to be over so soon.
Somewhat relatable...do you feel Cobb knew Buzz was only there short term or that he was really caught off guard when he left the second time?
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:23 pm

Hold up...since when did Missouri join the SEC?

AppWyo

Unread post by AppWyo » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:45 pm

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:43 pm
AppWyo wrote:

Somewhat relatable...do you feel Cobb knew Buzz was only there short term or that he was really caught off guard when he left the second time?
That whole deal with Buzz the second time around just makes me feel dirty.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:40 pm

Drink isn’t a counterpuncher, He usually comes out hard the first half and then goes into a shell the back half.

UTk won’t have to worry about him after two more years.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:47 am

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:43 pm
AppWyo wrote:

Both? Cobb knew it wasn't going to be a lifetime thing if he did well but didn't think he was gone after season one. Cobb didn't care if it was only a 3-4 year thing for Buck Fuzz because he was already trying to get out.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”