Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

L'ville

appdaze

L'ville

Unread post by appdaze » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:51 am

SS is making quite the splash this year on recruiting.
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... s-football

#2 running back and receiver now.

The Rock
School: Appalachian State

Re: L'ville

Unread post by The Rock » Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:40 pm

his next 2 classes are loaded. lets hope they don't oust him with a mediocre year this year and never see the potential of the next couple classes

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:32 pm

He just needs to avoid saying "if another school calls me about their opening, I'll listen." That really hurt how the Louisville fans viewed him.

I heard their 2023 QB commit's dad is an Adidas ambassador and since Louisville is a flagship Adidas school, they're going to get some good NIL deals.

appstate24

Unread post by appstate24 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:57 pm

Satt is KILLING it on the recruiting trail. Happy for him!

GO APPS!!

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:46 pm

Always pulling for a Mountaineer, even in red.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:14 pm

The Rock wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:40 pm
his next 2 classes are loaded. lets hope they don't oust him with a mediocre year this year and never see the potential of the next couple classes
Considering commitment changes and transfers are a lot more common these days, I don't think any coach can point to future recruiting classes and tell those giving you millions a year, "Hey just wait til these guys arrive"... because some never will, and some might leave shortly after their arrival. Even then, as Jimbo will have to prove in the coming years, you still have to win with those players. Stars next to your name means nothing when you're on the field with 10 other teammates, facing a team with their own 11 players with stars next to their names.

I am forever thankful for Satterfield and his sacrifice to give his all for Appalachian State both as a player and coach, and I wish him nothing but the best. Realistically though, I think the folks at Louisville are wanting to see those wins starting this coming season.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:23 am

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:14 pm
The Rock wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:40 pm
Considering commitment changes and transfers are a lot more common these days, I don't think any coach can point to future recruiting classes and tell those giving you millions a year, "Hey just wait til these guys arrive"... because some never will, and some might leave shortly after their arrival. Even then, as Jimbo will have to prove in the coming years, you still have to win with those players. Stars next to your name means nothing when you're on the field with 10 other teammates, facing a team with their own 11 players with stars next to their names.

I am forever thankful for Satterfield and his sacrifice to give his all for Appalachian State both as a player and coach, and I wish him nothing but the best. Realistically though, I think the folks at Louisville are wanting to see those wins starting this coming season.
Transfers can help inject some instant experience as we have seen, but its still isn't the same as your ideal guy that you recruit, and as we saw with the Sunbelt expansion, slowly building a foundation for a program ala Satterfield vs building a team that wins now ala Ga. South can have a big impact on long term success. Satterfield had "ok" recruits his first couple years, but this years was much better and 23 is starting off to match that. I think they could be an ACC title contender in the next 2-3 years if they are patient and give him a chance

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:03 am

Personally, this is where I thought Satt would be at this point (did not factor in him flirting with USC). He walked into a dumpster fire. The USC thing probably hurt some in recruiting. If he goes 8-4 with a winning record in ACC. I believe he will be fine.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”