Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

The End of Miller Hill?

HighlandsApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: The End of Miller Hill?

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Fri May 13, 2022 2:25 pm

Those are mostly students and they need a freaking place to sit

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri May 13, 2022 4:05 pm

HighlandsApp wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 2:25 pm
Those are mostly students and they need a freaking place to sit

Not necessarily. Holds much more without concrete and aluminum bleachers and looks like some chose the hill instead of seats. They look happy. We would lose hundreds of the crowd and would make the place look like UNC-Charlotte. Better ways to spend our money. Plus students in the present student section stand up the whole time any way.
Last edited by NewApp on Fri May 13, 2022 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Fri May 13, 2022 4:05 pm

Put the band directly under the scoreboard. Students need all seating on Miller hill plus the west side. We have one of the best home records in all of FBS. We have almost 50% of the student body attending games. Please don’t restrict their love of their school and football team.They bring the environment. They help us win and compete for championships.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri May 13, 2022 4:15 pm

Appstate88 wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 4:05 pm
Put the band directly under the scoreboard. Students need all seating on Miller hill plus the west side. We have one of the best home records in all of FBS. We have almost 50% of the student body attending games. Please don’t restrict their love of their school and football team.They bring the environment. They help us win and compete for championships.
The ones in the present student section stand up the whole time anyway. Seating would be a waste and hold less fans by far. Leave it alone and spend money more wisely.
Google SUX

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri May 13, 2022 4:17 pm

NewApp wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 4:15 pm
Appstate88 wrote:
The ones in the present student section stand up the whole time anyway. Seating would be a waste and hold less fans by far. Leave it alone and spend money more wisely.
So how many people can we put on the hill?

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri May 13, 2022 4:19 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 4:17 pm
NewApp wrote:
Appstate88 wrote:

A hell of a lot more than if we built concrete and aluminum to stand up on...because students are going to stand up the whole game anyway...like they presently do in the stands as well as the hill.
Google SUX

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri May 13, 2022 4:21 pm

NewApp wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 4:19 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
Appstate88 wrote:

A hell of a lot more than if we built concrete and aluminum to stand up on...because students are going to stand up the whole game anyway...like they presently do in the stands as well as the hill.
So you don’t know and just want to complain.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri May 13, 2022 4:40 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 4:21 pm
NewApp wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
Appstate88 wrote:

Nope you guys are the ones complaining. I feel leave it like it is and spend the money on more necessary needs. As to how many can be on the hill...count the ones in the picture and you will get a good approximation. lol Almost limitless depends on how fat the butts and bellies are. Anyway, a hell of a lot more than with bleachers which fans will stand up on anyway. Apparently you haven't watched a game from the hill, It is like a big party.
Google SUX

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri May 13, 2022 4:50 pm

NewApp wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 4:40 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 4:21 pm
NewApp wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
NewApp wrote:

Nope you guys are the ones complaining. I feel leave it like it is and spend the money on more necessary needs. As to how many can be on the hill...count the ones in the picture and you will get a good approximation. lol Almost limitless depends on how fat the butts and bellies are. Anyway, a hell of a lot more than with bleachers which fans will stand up on anyway. Apparently you haven't watched a game from the hill, It is like a big party.
I venture to say that there aren’t 3k on the hill. Let’s see how it looks with the bleachers before you poo poo them. We need them this year. With season tickets taking up a good portion of stadium seats, we will need actual seats to accommodate patrons for Family Day and Homecoming.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Fri May 13, 2022 6:36 pm

Judging by traffic still arriving at the game and the band filing in, I would guess this is right about opening kickoff.

In regards to the aluminum bleachers, the question is will the be straight on, or will they wrap around towards the home side and cover the walkway (which might be a good idea)? If they do that, they can take advantage of the grass void.

(again, credit to Nelson Aerial Productions)

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri May 13, 2022 6:39 pm

Sat on the hill with my App student son and family plus his girl friend in 1986 or 87 and there were empty seats in the stands. Didn’t feel deprived.
Google SUX

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Fri May 13, 2022 7:51 pm

Just because someone has a ticket(s) in the stands doesn't mean they sit there or stay there. I've seen many times that a season ticket holder went to sit with friends who got GA tickets on the hill. Others go when the sun is blinding them or for various other reasons. I always chuckle when I hear people saying we didn't sell out because of the empty seats in the stands, at the same time the hill is packed. Not everyone there is a GA.

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Fri May 13, 2022 8:33 pm

We have less than 5000 seats for students when the band is factored in. So when 10k students show up and then don't stay for the whole game many posters here whine and complain....

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Fri May 13, 2022 10:15 pm

firemoose wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 7:51 pm
Just because someone has a ticket(s) in the stands doesn't mean they sit there or stay there. I've seen many times that a season ticket holder went to sit with friends who got GA tickets on the hill. Others go when the sun is blinding them or for various other reasons. I always chuckle when I hear people saying we didn't sell out because of the empty seats in the stands, at the same time the hill is packed. Not everyone there is a GA.
I understand that. But, when the corners of the stands are not full (entire rows), I don't think that we sold those tickets.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Fri May 13, 2022 10:45 pm

WASU 93 wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 10:15 pm
I understand that. But, when the corners of the stands are not full (entire rows), I don't think that we sold those tickets.
And that may very well be true. But unless someone has the records themselves I doubt we'll ever be able to say which ones are sold and which ones weren't. Simple fact is we don't know and most likely will never know. And I will never make an absolute statement unless I have the evidence to back it up.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sat May 14, 2022 3:54 am

Good points, moose.
Google SUX

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat May 14, 2022 7:43 am

WASU 93 wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 10:15 pm
firemoose wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 7:51 pm
The top corner on the south end of the State side are typically for recruits and family. So it’s possible that some of those are held back for walk-ups on any given Saturday.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Sun May 15, 2022 2:27 pm

NewApp wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
Appstate88 wrote:

Students will stand up in the South Endzone regardless of whether there are stands or not. I still think the capacity increases considerably with stands. I know that there are some who have a real affection for the hill, but we need legit seating if we're going to continue to rise.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun May 15, 2022 4:17 pm

Yosef84 wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 2:27 pm
NewApp wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
Appstate88 wrote:

Students will stand up in the South Endzone regardless of whether there are stands or not. I still think the capacity increases considerably with stands. I know that there are some who have a real affection for the hill, but we need legit seating if we're going to continue to rise.
Unless the stands go high as the East side, no way can concrete and aluminum seating hold more. They pack like sardines on the hill now.
Google SUX

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sun May 15, 2022 4:18 pm

The one thing I’ve never heard anyone say regarding the hill: “Oh, the hill? It’s great. We sit there every weekend.”
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”