Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Change something…

APPdiesel
School: Appalachian State

Change something…

Unread post by APPdiesel » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:03 am

If you could change something…A small detail about our programs, facilities, etc what would you change?

*I have a feeling this will devolve into a b**ch and moan fest but that’s not the intent, it’s supposed to be something you’ve always wished we’d do but hasn’t happened.

For example: I wish our “striped squad” student section would wear black and gold plaid check overalls instead of the vertical striped overalls that so so many other student sections wear in their own colors. The check would be more original and fitting our brand.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

T-Dog

Re: Change something…

Unread post by T-Dog » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:25 am

I wish the program was more open in many different ways.

Sometimes it feels like a conspiracy of silence with trickles of information and having to rely on message board rumors. I wish there was a statement on the Spurlin situation, statements about injuries during games (doesn't have to be exact injuries, "lower body" and "upper body" are fine), a second press conference during the week on Zoom on Wednesday or Thursday, like other league programs do.

I wish some practices were open to the public. Satterfield went from half of fall camp being open to the public to "the team will have fall camp sometime between late July and Labor Day" with practice times being state secrets. I feel like that lack of being open hurts at times, especially during linear TV broadcasts when announcers need stuff to talk about. As much as App fans hate Coastal (to the point of lunacy in some instances), they've done really well at promoting their program once they got some marketable players.

Bring back Fan Fest and make it a whole day full of events (if safe to do so). Or even a Spring Fan Fest, even if its not a scrimmage and coincide it with a home baseball weekend. Give people a reason to drive one or two more times to Boone a year and fill up some hotel rooms during the tourism dead seasons.

There should be more features on the players online, not just having them on Mountaineer Talk where they mumble for 20 minutes (and having gone there live for years before the pandemic, the staff there makes sure to have a great time so you can't hear the players). App MBB has done this decently on social media. It doesn't have to be crazy-good productions, just something simple. 1-2 minutes, minor editing, done.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:00 pm

Would definitely like to see more features on players on all sports..some about sports, more about them and how they may contribute to community, goals in life..etc. there may be a place and I may not follow.

I really would like to see better lighting for night football games.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Appmountaineers19
School: Other

Unread post by Appmountaineers19 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:05 pm

Wish there was more stadium seating on MH just to the edge of the grass by big screen. Put the band in that EZ with student section from about the 30 and wrap in around into the EZ

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:16 pm

I will echo the better lighting in the stadium.

I would have left the basketball arena where Varsity is.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:50 pm

NO WEEKDAY GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:56 pm

appst89 wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:16 pm

The renovated varsity gym would have been pretty cool

pop5app

Unread post by pop5app » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:00 pm

T-Dog wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:25 am
I wish the program was more open in many different ways.

Sometimes it feels like a conspiracy of silence with trickles of information and having to rely on message board rumors. I wish there was a statement on the Spurlin situation, statements about injuries during games (doesn't have to be exact injuries, "lower body" and "upper body" are fine), a second press conference during the week on Zoom on Wednesday or Thursday, like other league programs do.

I wish some practices were open to the public. Satterfield went from half of fall camp being open to the public to "the team will have fall camp sometime between late July and Labor Day" with practice times being state secrets. I feel like that lack of being open hurts at times, especially during linear TV broadcasts when announcers need stuff to talk about. As much as App fans hate Coastal (to the point of lunacy in some instances), they've done really well at promoting their program once they got some marketable players.

Bring back Fan Fest and make it a whole day full of events (if safe to do so). Or even a Spring Fan Fest, even if its not a scrimmage and coincide it with a home baseball weekend. Give people a reason to drive one or two more times to Boone a year and fill up some hotel rooms during the tourism dead seasons.

There should be more features on the players online, not just having them on Mountaineer Talk where they mumble for 20 minutes (and having gone there live for years before the pandemic, the staff there makes sure to have a great time so you can't hear the players). App MBB has done this decently on social media. It doesn't have to be crazy-good productions, just something simple. 1-2 minutes, minor editing, done.

This is a pretty dang good start! However, because this would mean a fundamental change in the way we do things, none of this will ever happen.

1ASU78

Unread post by 1ASU78 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:06 pm

appst89 wrote:

Lights. Check
VG Check

A REAL Mountaineer. Wearing overalls, black and gold flannel, work boots, black hat, carrying a black powder rifle. Maybe even get him a Plot Hound.

Miller Hill: curve the east and west side seats symmetrically into the hill 1/4 way. Leaving middle open under score board.

More better concessions.

Appmountaineers19
School: Other

Unread post by Appmountaineers19 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:23 pm

1ASU78 wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:06 pm
appst89 wrote:

Lights. Check
VG Check

A REAL Mountaineer. Wearing overalls, black and gold flannel, work boots, black hat, carrying a black powder rifle. Maybe even get him a Plot Hound.

Miller Hill: curve the east and west side seats symmetrically into the hill 1/4 way. Leaving middle open under score board.

More better concessions.
Love the curve idea. I continued to think about and would like to the the students section start over the Eastside (around 30) and head to MH along with band. Make it loud on OPP sideline

appstate5

Unread post by appstate5 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:36 pm

A LARGE concourse area with plenty of concessions and restrooms. It would be nice to not miss 1/2 a quarter for a bathroom trip. I thin I only bought 2 drinks the entire season due to the lines.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:56 pm

I would repurpose the bathroom buildings on Miller Hill into concessions. That way people can wait in line and still see the game.

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:14 pm

Cups. Ice.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:21 pm

Coke products
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

1ASU78

Unread post by 1ASU78 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:20 pm

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:21 pm
Coke products
YES!!!

PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY

Unread post by PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:50 pm

Beside the “A” on Goat Hill, I want to see an actual cabin…Yosef’s Cabin. With a front porch area and viewing deck where fans can have their pics taken and donate money for the photo op. The house will have a chimney and maybe even a still…a coon hound and a real live Yosef. And…here’s the kicker— The viewing area will have 4-8 seats and before every game, there’s a raffle…10-20 bucks and the winner gets to sit and watch the game from the front porch with their buddies…it’s a great line of sight for the field. I guarantee you people will donate to that raffle and it will be a money maker that could fund a scholarship in 6 home games. Ark state has the waterfall, Georgia has Ugga…Notre dame -touchdown jesus and other schools have gimmicks for the fans to enjoy…I know…some will say we don’t need gimmicks because we’re app state but as Andre Agassi once opined…”image is everything”…I want people to see that cabin on tv and think…oh APP STATE’S getting ready to whip some ass

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:07 pm

1ASU78 wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:20 pm
/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:21 pm
Coke products
YES!!!
No!!!!
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:16 pm

Back in Black for intro and Buglers Dream every kickoff.

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:37 pm

PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:50 pm
Beside the “A” on Goat Hill, I want to see an actual cabin…Yosef’s Cabin. With a front porch area and viewing deck where fans can have their pics taken and donate money for the photo op. The house will have a chimney and maybe even a still…a coon hound and a real live Yosef. And…here’s the kicker— The viewing area will have 4-8 seats and before every game, there’s a raffle…10-20 bucks and the winner gets to sit and watch the game from the front porch with their buddies…it’s a great line of sight for the field. I guarantee you people will donate to that raffle and it will be a money maker that could fund a scholarship in 6 home games. Ark state has the waterfall, Georgia has Ugga…Notre dame -touchdown jesus and other schools have gimmicks for the fans to enjoy…I know…some will say we don’t need gimmicks because we’re app state but as Andre Agassi once opined…”image is everything”…I want people to see that cabin on tv and think…oh APP STATE’S getting ready to whip some ass
Throw a bar and a heater in that puppy and you might have a winner here.

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:28 pm

I wish the Nike official apparel worn on the sides was available to the public.

I live in TX and the chances of me getting one of those black Nike script "Mountaineers" hats is lower than zero. I don't care how much they cost, I want one.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”