Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Armanti Jersey help?

Deano
School: Appalachian State

Armanti Jersey help?

Unread post by Deano » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:48 am

Hey guys, I'm looking for some suggestions, I am finally building a man cave and I am looking everywhere for an old Armanti #14 adult size football jersey. I've checked ebay, Amazon, Mountaineer Mania and Appalachian Tees in Boone, and none of them say they have one anymore. I reached out to Sports Fan Attic at the Boone mall but haven't heard back yet.

Anyone have any suggestions? The Appalachain Bookstore says they don't have individual players jerseys anymore just generic ones. I'm about out of ideas.

SayYesToTheRock

Re: Armanti Jersey help?

Unread post by SayYesToTheRock » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:03 am

Replica player jerseys have been –– and continue to be –– a huge miss for the university.

In 2019, arguably our most successful season, no authentic jerseys were sold by the university. Read that again. The only Nike replica jersey you could get ANYWHERE was a #1 jersey sold on the Dick's Sporting Goods website. A team with Darrynton Evans, ADG, Zac Thomas, Hennigan & Sutton, and not a single replica jersey bearing their numbers was sold.

Currently in Boone, the only replica jersey available is a #20 (presumably because the current year is 2020). It's pathetic there are none of our star player's numbers.

I believe there are some online sellers of knock-off jerseys that will even put the last name on the jersey (since licensed apparel can't have player names). Strictly speaking, buying unlicensed is bad for the university and is trademark infringement, but in this case I see it as a permissible evil if it gives the university a kick in the rear to meet the demand for player jerseys.

Deano

Unread post by Deano » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:43 am

I totally agree, what a missed marketing opportunity by the University. For example since I haven't been able to find an App Armanti jersey, I went on the Carolina Panthers website and through their website you can customize a panthers jersey, you can put the number and name that you want, so I made an Armanti #10 Panthers jersey. Its something, better than nothing, but still why doesn't app have any player jerseys?

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:39 pm

Deano wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:48 am
Hey guys, I'm looking for some suggestions, I am finally building a man cave and I am looking everywhere for an old Armanti #14 adult size football jersey. I've checked ebay, Amazon, Mountaineer Mania and Appalachian Tees in Boone, and none of them say they have one anymore. I reached out to Sports Fan Attic at the Boone mall but haven't heard back yet.

Anyone have any suggestions? The Appalachain Bookstore says they don't have individual players jerseys anymore just generic ones. I'm about out of ideas.
Sorry, No help with a jersey but, if I could build a man cave I think a couple of these would look cool. https://www.khcsports.com/catalog/appal ... gIwyfD_BwE
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

Deano

Unread post by Deano » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:06 pm

Ok thats pretty cool.

AppStateMtneer

Unread post by AppStateMtneer » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:01 pm

Appstate88 wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:39 pm
Deano wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:48 am

Sorry, No help with a jersey but, if I could build a man cave I think a couple of these would look cool. https://www.khcsports.com/catalog/appal ... gIwyfD_BwE
That's cool. Haven't ordered from this site before but I like these too:
https://www.sportsgifts.com/appalachian ... team-.html

edit*
https://www.sportsgifts.com/search-resu ... image2.y=0

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:01 pm

Not exactly right but, maybe you could call and get #14 modified to say Edwards.

https://www.appstatefootballjersey.onli ... o2cr87to65
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

Deano

Unread post by Deano » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:58 am

Appstate88 wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:01 pm
Not exactly right but, maybe you could call and get #14 modified to say Edwards.

https://www.appstatefootballjersey.onli ... o2cr87to65
Thanks that might be an option , I'll have to contact the administrators of that site.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:05 am

I could be wrong but isn't there an NCAA prohibition against selling the jerseys with player's name on them? I know you can get them customized with your own name. I don't know if they'll allow you to put any name you want on there. I guess there is no harm in asking.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:38 am

I still have mine from 2007 or 2008. I’ve only washed it about 4 times in the past 12 years, which represents the number of times we lost to the Stink.

App91

Unread post by App91 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:06 am

SayYesToTheRock wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:03 am
Replica player jerseys have been –– and continue to be –– a huge miss for the university.

In 2019, arguably our most successful season, no authentic jerseys were sold by the university. Read that again. The only Nike replica jersey you could get ANYWHERE was a #1 jersey sold on the Dick's Sporting Goods website. A team with Darrynton Evans, ADG, Zac Thomas, Hennigan & Sutton, and not a single replica jersey bearing their numbers was sold.

Currently in Boone, the only replica jersey available is a #20 (presumably because the current year is 2020). It's pathetic there are none of our star player's numbers.

I believe there are some online sellers of knock-off jerseys that will even put the last name on the jersey (since licensed apparel can't have player names). Strictly speaking, buying unlicensed is bad for the university and is trademark infringement, but in this case I see it as a permissible evil if it gives the university a kick in the rear to meet the demand for player jerseys.
Not sure but i think the bookstore lost their, *ahem*, shirt on the last ones they did. Tried to sell the real thing and were over $150. They were on the rack for a couple years

SayYesToTheRock

Unread post by SayYesToTheRock » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:45 pm

App91 wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:06 am
Not sure but i think the bookstore lost their, *ahem*, shirt on the last ones they did. Tried to sell the real thing and were over $150. They were on the rack for a couple years
Yeah, I recall they sold "real" jerseys with the big shoulders + elastic designed for pads. Those aren't big sellers because they look bad and were uncomfortable to wear.

The replicas that look just like the real jerseys, but fit like a big t-shirt are the way to go.

I still think they should sell completely authentic jerseys for framing purposes, though. How many of us would buy a #14 that looks just like the jersey Armanti Edwards wore from 06-09? It could be a cash cow.

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:15 pm

We bought my son a #14 App jersey at least 10 yrs ago. I still have it and it's in good condition. Doesn't have AE's name on the back, but I'd still love to frame & hang it on the wall in my office.

Only thing that would make it look better is if AE's signature was on it. THAT would be perfection.

Deano

Unread post by Deano » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:51 pm

Well to update this topic since I was the original one looking for a Jersey, let me say that there are avenues to find a New App Jersey and put Armanti's name on the back but I wanted an original one. I found one from someone in Boone along with a Corey Lynch jersey , they are awesome! He also had an original white Armanti jersey that was worn during a game with some of Armanti's blood on it, needless to say he would not part with that one regardless of the price. And he told me not to mention who he was. I also got a Panthers jersey with Armanti's name and number on it for my man cave!
Attachments
Crider wall.jpg

PhillyApp

Unread post by PhillyApp » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:35 pm

Our inability to offer fans high quality gear (on-field apparel) or authentic collections (jerseys, helmets, etc...) drives me insane. If I wanted an authentic Clemson or Alabama jersey, it’d take me 2 minutes online to find one. Legitimately cannot find one for App State.

It blows my mind and unfortunately feeds directly into how the Yosef Club is ran currently. Accessible by the wealthy donors, but nobody else. It’s unacceptable.
Clark for Prez 2024 💪🏼

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:21 pm

Deano wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:51 pm
Well to update this topic since I was the original one looking for a Jersey, let me say that there are avenues to find a New App Jersey and put Armanti's name on the back but I wanted an original one. I found one from someone in Boone along with a Corey Lynch jersey , they are awesome! He also had an original white Armanti jersey that was worn during a game with some of Armanti's blood on it, needless to say he would not part with that one regardless of the price. And he told me not to mention who he was. I also got a Panthers jersey with Armanti's name and number on it for my man cave!
I still wear my Edwards Panthers jersey from time to time.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

CornCobPipes

Unread post by CornCobPipes » Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:31 am

This is an excellent thread/ post that highlights how abysmal App State Athletics marketing is whether directly associated with the University and Yosef or indirectly in the private sector via licensing.

On another note it's difficult to comment, find and review these older post on The Cabin. If the Yosefs Cabin were a better vessel.... imagine the possibilities with just that. Yosefs Cabin still is a great forum in that it allows or provides for opinions and takes or more in depth insights you may never find elsewhere due to the anonymity that folks do not feel comfortable with via mainstream social media such as FB.
KICK ASS!!!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:43 am

CornCobPipes wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:31 am
This is an excellent thread/ post that highlights how abysmal App State Athletics marketing is whether directly associated with the University and Yosef or indirectly in the private sector via licensing.

On another note it's difficult to comment, find and review these older post on The Cabin. If the Yosefs Cabin were a better vessel.... imagine the possibilities with just that. Yosefs Cabin still is a great forum in that it allows or provides for opinions and takes or more in depth insights you may never find elsewhere due to the anonymity that folks do not feel comfortable with via mainstream social media such as FB.
If you ever get the chance to converse with Spencer Bridges, he is the AD in charge of marketing, he can explain how much of a challenge it is to market everything and the expense involved. He is a smart guy and is on top of things. It just as easy as people think it should be.

CornCobPipes

Unread post by CornCobPipes » Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:03 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:43 am
CornCobPipes wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:31 am

If you ever get the chance to converse with Spencer Bridges, he is the AD in charge of marketing, he can explain how much of a challenge it is to market everything and the expense involved. He is a smart guy and is on top of things. It just as easy as people think it should be.
Very true that I am generalizing and sitting in the armchair and realize there are challenges far beyond my head. The point is there are a multitude of discrepancies that remain obvious in the micro world . Buyer decisions, products and creativity that sells is very missing as some of the posters have pointed out. The licensing aspects can be very complicated as have been explained to me from some and there are many challenges unforseen by the general public but they can make a judgement on the product.
KICK ASS!!!

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:18 pm

During his rookie year with the Panthers, I got his jersey and asked him to sign it after a camp practice. I still have it on a hanger. I have never gotten a 14 App jersey with his name or autograph on it. I'd love to see the University make those available if/when that jersey is retired. I'd probably mortgage my first born to afford it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Alumni Chatter”