Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

2022 Field Hockey mid-season more or less

T-Dog

Re: 2022 Field Hockey mid-season more or less

Unread post by T-Dog » Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:53 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:44 pm
Maybe this will help get the tech needed to broadcast FH on ESPN+. I enjoyed watching FH when they played at KBS during the GoASU.com streaming period 12-15 years ago. The tech was in place for football but FH MSoc, WSoc were able to take advantage. It was nice.
Since Field Hockey isn't a Sun Belt sport (for now), they don't have to be on ESPN+ like the other sports, minus Wrestling. I've watched some games on the Twitch channel. It's just one camera, but it does the trick.

Below is the link to watch the championship game Saturday at 2:30 p.m.

https://getsomemaction.com/watch/defaul ... &path=conf

AppfaninCAALand
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by AppfaninCAALand » Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:59 pm

Maybe this will help get the tech needed to broadcast FH on ESPN+. I enjoyed watching FH when they played at KBS during the GoASU.com streaming period 12-15 years ago. The tech was in place for football but FH MSoc, WSoc were able to take advantage. It was nice.
The MAC website uses Flosports I think. We had to watch today's game thru the conference website. I'm pretty sure the finals will be on there too, but maybe the MAC/ESPN relationship will get it on ESPN+.

My girls watch field hockey on ESPN+ all the time - but it looks like it's only ACC, A-10, and Liberty on there. It sure would be nice to get App onto that platform. Today, after school, the girls had App on a computer while also watching the ACC final between the Holes and Hoos on the TV.

AppfaninCAALand

Unread post by AppfaninCAALand » Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:03 pm

T-Dog wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:53 pm
Since Field Hockey isn't a Sun Belt sport (for now), they don't have to be on ESPN+ like the other sports, minus Wrestling. I've watched some games on the Twitch channel. It's just one camera, but it does the trick.

Below is the link to watch the championship game Saturday at 2:30 p.m.

https://getsomemaction.com/watch/defaul ... &path=conf
4 of the 7 schools on my oldest daughter's "scout list" are the 3 SBC schools and 1 possible affiliate. I would love SBC FH to come together before she hits the college game. A Liberty assistant coach told me over the summer that she thinks it will happen sooner rather than later, with her school involved.

There are two SBC field hockey teams playing for NCAA bids tomorrow. In addition to App, ODU plays Liberty for the Big East title - ODU may be a "bubble" for an at-large if they don't win;however, last year's national runner-up LU will need to win to get in.

AppfaninCAALand

Unread post by AppfaninCAALand » Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:42 pm

Tough loss today to Miami, but congratulations on a great season.

From the stats and the bits I was able to see while out at a middle school field hockey tournament today, it looks like it was a much closer game than the 3-1 score would indicate. That was the only loss this season by more than 1 goal. Great season to build on next year.

pop5app

Unread post by pop5app » Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:07 pm

Really good season! Build off that next year!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Olympic Sports”