Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Sun Belt OTF Championships

McLeansvilleAppFan
School: Appalachian State

Sun Belt OTF Championships

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Fri May 13, 2022 3:21 pm

Not doing great in the middle of day 2.

Women 8 and Men tied for 7 as I type this.

https://results.flashresults.com/2022_0 ... /index.htm

(How long before anyone mentions our lack of facilities?)

Edit: Both dropped a spot while I was typing. I did a quick calculation based on how long it took to type and falling one position in the standings. At this rate we will end up in 4,567,345,125 place in the conference by Saturday evening, which is remarkable as only 12 schools are competing.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

AppinVA

Re: Sun Belt OTF Championships

Unread post by AppinVA » Fri May 13, 2022 3:26 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 3:21 pm

Edit: Both dropped a spot while I was typing. I did a quick calculation based on how long it took to type and falling one position in the standings. At this rate we will end up in 4,567,345,125 place in the conference by Saturday evening, which is remarkable as only 12 schools are competing.
You just did. :lol:
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Fri May 13, 2022 3:30 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 3:26 pm

I was thinking of one poster in particular but did not want to call anyone out specifically. (Not that I don't share some level of frustration with that poster myself.)

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Fri May 13, 2022 3:41 pm

Fri May 13, 2022 3:30 pm
AppinVA wrote:

I was thinking of one poster in particular but did not want to call anyone out specifically. (Not that I don't share some level of frustration with that poster myself.)
Well, he does make a valid point, though I personally feel the Athletics department made the best of a hard call. Not having the facilities has to have taken a toll on the programs. But with a new, and and dedicated track and field complex that is all to their own, things should pick back up.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Fri May 13, 2022 3:53 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 3:41 pm
AppinVA wrote:

Well, he does make a valid point, though I personally feel the Athletics department made the best of a hard call. Not having the facilities has to have taken a toll on the programs. But with a new, and and dedicated track and field complex that is all to their own, things should pick back up.
I agree with you 100%-not a great answer but not sure the Athletics Dept had a better choice for both short and long term plans.

On a personal note I am typing this in Richmond after attending my daughter's MSW graduation at VCU. I figure you can appreciate that.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Fri May 13, 2022 6:53 pm

Fri May 13, 2022 3:53 pm
AppinVA wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 3:41 pm
AppinVA wrote:

I agree with you 100%-not a great answer but not sure the Athletics Dept had a better choice for both short and long term plans.

On a personal note I am typing this in Richmond after attending my daughter's MSW graduation at VCU. I figure you can appreciate that.
Very much so. My daughter graduates in December.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Olympic Sports”