Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

End of a good run, My Last Newspaper

NewApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: End of a good run, My Last Newspaper

Unread post by NewApp » Mon May 29, 2023 11:35 am

McLeansville said "Actually I am not fond of non-profits as an entity and would be willing to get rid of them so we could tax the hell out of churches, synagogues,"

My church IS taxed! Every bit of maintenance (which is a lot on a 1923 building), electricity, water, pastor's salary, ancillary building (a small covered shelter), labor on the grounds (mowing, chemicals on the lawn), maintenance of the parking lot, etc etc etc.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

appdaze

Re: End of a good run, My Last Newspaper

Unread post by appdaze » Mon May 29, 2023 11:46 am

NewApp wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 11:35 am
McLeansville said "Actually I am not fond of non-profits as an entity and would be willing to get rid of them so we could tax the hell out of churches, synagogues,"

My church IS taxed! Every bit of maintenance (which is a lot on a 1923 building), electricity, water, pastor's salary, ancillary building (a small covered shelter), labor on the grounds (mowing, chemicals on the lawn), maintenance of the parking lot, etc etc etc.
That's not tax, that is the price of doing business, but you know this.

Newspapers need to stay for profit as too many non profit orgs are supported by either the government or high powered donors, both of which would influence heavily what goes into local papers, worse than it currently is. They just need to embrace the digital world more but also lower their monthly online prices to a reasonable amount. Local papers are trying to charge more per month that movie/tv streaming services. I'm not paying more than $10 a month for access to local digital news. If they can't adapt then let capitalism do what it does. Other entrepreneurs will fill the void.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Non-Appalachian General Discussion”