Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Furman Bourbon

appdaze

Furman Bourbon

Unread post by appdaze » Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:52 am

I'm still waiting on my mountaineer moonshine. At this point we might as well bring back Gorton's Yosef and sell cans of sardines in block A cans.

AppSt94
School: Appalachian State

Re: Furman Bourbon

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:13 am

I bet it Sucks!

HkyMtneer

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:23 am

Ironclad's stuff is actually pretty decent...didn't really know they had the operating surplus to begin outsourcing branded products like this away from their own in-house products they're trying to push, but alas, I guess FU threw some $$$ at them. Perhaps they are using some sourced barrels for the FU line? Either way, as a bourbon aficionado I'd certainly give it a shot, but I wouldn't tell anyone I liked it, even if it is above a 5/6. Can't imagine it's great having tried the Ironclad line, but anything above-serviceable would be better than pretty much anything we're turning out in North Carolina - save Weldon Mills. Kinda surprised they didn't prefer to partner with a SC distillery, but again, it was probably about $ and availability, which leads me to believe they might be using sourced barrels.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:37 am

HkyMtneer wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:23 am
Ironclad's stuff is actually pretty decent...didn't really know they had the operating surplus to begin outsourcing branded products like this away from their own in-house products they're trying to push, but alas, I guess FU threw some $$$ at them. Perhaps they are using some sourced barrels for the FU line? Either way, as a bourbon aficionado I'd certainly give it a shot, but I wouldn't tell anyone I liked it, even if it is above a 5/6. Can't imagine it's great having tried the Ironclad line, but anything above-serviceable would be better than pretty much anything we're turning out in North Carolina - save Weldon Mills. Kinda surprised they didn't prefer to partner with a SC distillery, but again, it was probably about $ and availability, which leads me to believe they might be using sourced barrels.
Smart. Lol

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:30 pm

HkyMtneer wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:23 am
Or they had a real rot-gut batch that they needed to get rid of and figured a bunch of bratty private school kids would drink anything if it was marketed to them.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Non-Appalachian General Discussion”