Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

World Cup

Saint3333

Re: World Cup

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:06 am

What ceases to amaze me are folks that claim to dislike a sport that feel the need to comment on it.

Think I’ll go find a cricket thread somewhere to engage in next.

I would sound very ignorant in that conversation.

AppinVA
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by AppinVA » Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:24 am

appstate24 wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:39 am
One thing that never ceases to amaze me is how sensitive soccer fans are when someone says they don’t like, or hate the sport. Blows my mind.

I love baseball, some people hate baseball, and say it’s boring. Does it bother me? No, it is what it is.

Tell a soccer fan you hate soccer, watch them get bent all out of shape telling you, “you don't understand the game” and “Whats wrong with you?!? It’s the most popular sport in the world!!” As if that is supposed to change my mind.

Anyways…

GO APPS!!
I made the mistake of stating that, “Soccer is not my cup of tea, but I will watch the USA until they’re eliminated,” once when asked about the World Cup. You would’ve thought I had called his mother a whore. He was about to throw hands just because I said I don’t really follow the sport.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:23 pm

And Qatar looses to Ecuador in the first game of world cup, 2-0. I missed the game because of church but I'll take a gander at it later. Doesn't sound like it was the best of games.

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:28 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:06 am
What ceases to amaze me are folks that claim to dislike a sport that feel the need to comment on it.

Think I’ll go find a cricket thread somewhere to engage in next.

I would sound very ignorant in that conversation.
Yeah some of these guys can go back to their condescending football posts.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:41 pm

No need to go back and watch the Qatar/Ecuador game. There were several grown men falling down from time to time, crying for their mommas, then getting up and running... There you have it.,😂😂😂😂
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:43 pm

MrCraig wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:31 am
Soccer IS for everybody. The only people who like sports but don’t like soccer have never given soccer a real chance. I was one of those people. Once I started watching, I fell in love with the game. It’s exciting, tactically interesting, and simple to understand. You just have to get your mind set right about what you are watching. Just like you can’t go into a baseball game with the same mindset as watching a basketball game.
An interesting perspective. I had never really thought about it that construct. Thanks.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:49 pm

MrCraig wrote:
Soccer IS for everybody. The only people who like sports but don’t like soccer have never given soccer a real chance. I was one of those people. Once I started watching, I fell in love with the game. It’s exciting, tactically interesting, and simple to understand. You just have to get your mind set right about what you are watching. Just like you can’t go into a baseball game with the same mindset as watching a basketball game.
I enjoyed the hell out of watching our men's and women's soccer teams when I was a student. They don't flop and cry over a blade of grass bent the wrong way. International play is just too theatrical and FIFA is way too corrupt for me to follow.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:50 pm

My love of the game has nothing to do whether someone else hates it. I really don't care if someone chooses not to watch it, it doesn't interfere with my ability to do so. Given how available soccer has become on TV these days, there are at least enough people who do like to watch it.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:39 pm

Wow, the sheer amount of butthurt in this thread is wild.

The OG post made two statements. 1 it isn't for everybody. 2 who ya got. Some of the posts including mine were agreeing or commenting about it not being for every body and some included who they were pulling for. Some of you guys are just proving what someone else has already said, that soccer fans are the most sensitive sports fans out there. I've coached it and played it. I stand by my previous post that it's still boring to watch. Maybe if you guys whine and flop enough the refs will give me a yellow card for hurting your feelings. Afterwards you can submit a hurt feelings report.

Some mentioned how corrupt it is and that's one of the reasons why I tend to pull for non European teams.

Alright, enjoy the butthurt circle.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:42 pm

Still here huh? Imagine wasting time on things you don’t care about. Strange.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:59 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:42 pm
Still here huh? Imagine wasting time on things you don’t care about. Strange.
Still having reading comprehension problems, huh? Never once did I say I didn't care. You can care about something and still find it boring overall. Then again, I guess if you are that butthurt, it must be hard for you to understand. Goodness, bless you good sir. I'll call some UT fans and see if they have any preparation H leftover they can send your way.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:05 pm

I can read fine, you have a much bigger problem however. You have played, coached, and continue commenting on things you find “boring”.

No sir I don’t believe you.

Is it fun pissing in cheerios?

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:39 pm

Tomorrow's world cup schedule :
England v Iran at 8am
Senegal v Netherlands at 11am
USS v Wales at 2pm.

My picks are:
England 3 - Iran 0
Netherlands 2 - Senegal 1
Wales 2 - USA 0

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:42 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:05 pm
I can read fine, you have a much bigger problem however. You have played, coached, and continue commenting on things you find “boring”.

No sir I don’t believe you.

Is it fun pissing in cheerios?
Interesting that you still lack basic reading comprehension. I actually stated in my first post that soccer is a game that, if I'm not coaching or playing, then I find it boring to watch. What that means in the English language is that I find it interesting and fun to play and coach, I just find it boring to watch.

Believe what? I never asked you to believe anything. It's a message board; you can believe what you want, champ.

Pissing in cheerios? Goodness, you poor butthurt soul. You are just hellbent on turning this into something it never was all because you are butthurt that some people said they find soccer boring. Yet again, you are proving their point about how sensitive soccer fans are.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:04 pm

You can use the term butthurt all day, but you are the one wasting time discussing a subject you don’t like. Sad.

We get it you are bored today, move along or continue pissing in cheerios, your choice….

I’ll enjoy watching and cheering for my nation.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:12 pm

Todd are you concerned US will start slow? 0-2 would be a disastrous start and likely mean we don’t advance.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:34 pm

appstate24 wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:39 am
One thing that never ceases to amaze me is how sensitive soccer fans are when someone says they don’t like, or hate the sport. Blows my mind.

I love baseball, some people hate baseball, and say it’s boring. Does it bother me? No, it is what it is.

Tell a soccer fan you hate soccer, watch them get bent all out of shape telling you, “you don't understand the game” and “Whats wrong with you?!? It’s the most popular sport in the world!!” As if that is supposed to change my mind.

Anyways…

GO APPS!!
I don’t care who likes soccer or not. However, a LOT of people I’ve met who “hate” soccer have never really tried to watch it. I know I was one of those people for a while. Now I love soccer. I just want people to feel the enjoyment I feel when I watch a good soccer game.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:39 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:43 pm
MrCraig wrote:
An interesting perspective. I had never really thought about it that construct. Thanks.
You’re welcome! I just love sports, and can watch almost anything from golf to football to hockey. But like I said, you gotta be prepared for what you’re going to see. Not a lot of scoring in soccer. So if you go into it hoping to see each team score 7-8 goals, you’re going to be bored. But if you are looking at the tactics, watching how teams are attacking and defending, following the ebbs and flows of the game, it can be super entertaining.

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:40 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:12 pm
Todd are you concerned US will start slow? 0-2 would be a disastrous start and likely mean we don’t advance.
I just don't think this team has the teamwork or the standout players to carry them.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:44 pm

Another quick point I’d like to make about soccer. A lot of folks say soccer is “boring” because it’s low scoring. However, American football is also relatively low scoring, they just arbitrarily award 6 points for a touchdown. For instance, I’d teams only got 1 point for a TD, yesterday’s App- ODU game would’ve been 4-2. That’s… kind of a soccer score.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Non-Appalachian General Discussion”