Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

World Cup

AppinVA
School: Appalachian State

Re: World Cup

Unread post by AppinVA » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:15 pm

Cro-Magnon App wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:52 am
The fans from the UK are gonna brawl. They don’t need a reason. They’ve always brawled and if no enemy shows up, they’ll brawl with each other. I suspect bad things are going to happen surrounding this game with Wales. Maybe the committee should have fixed it so these two neighbors were not in the same group.
I don’t get how England and Wales are two different countries. Maybe I don’t understand the political structure in the UK, but it seems like we could have 50 different teams (sides).
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:43 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:15 pm
Cro-Magnon App wrote:
The fans from the UK are gonna brawl. They don’t need a reason. They’ve always brawled and if no enemy shows up, they’ll brawl with each other. I suspect bad things are going to happen surrounding this game with Wales. Maybe the committee should have fixed it so these two neighbors were not in the same group.
I don’t get how England and Wales are two different countries. Maybe I don’t understand the political structure in the UK, but it seems like we could have 50 different teams (sides).
Their is a USMNT and Puerto Rico has their own team as does US Virgin Islands. Not sure about other places such as Guam and American Samoa.

All four of the home countries have a seat on FIBA as well, which sets the rules of "the Game" for FIFA. FIFA has the other 50% of the seats.

Each of the home countries has their own governing body for soccer and there is not much overlap. Wrexham does play in Level 5 of the English Pyramid but by and large each has their own set of leagues and soccer pyramid. (I follow Dagenham and Redbridge pretty closely in the National League of English football. This is the same league Wrexham is part of if you watch the Wrexham show on Hulu/FX.) Go Daggers. COYD.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:36 pm

How come has this not been posted yet?

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:04 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:36 pm
How come has this not been posted yet?

This so the greatest soccer clip ever! Thank you for posting

Cro-Magnon App

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:09 am

I’m not a huge soccer fan but I love the World Cup - nation against nation, the color and singing and chanting in the stands, etc. The two afternoon games should be fun to watch. USA vs Iran has many implications and the b@$+@£d$ in their gov’t have ramped it up. And at the same time the England /Wales brawl will be ongoing. Gonna be flipping channels.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:03 am

I REALLY want us to whip the crap outta I RAN. They complain about us removing the Islamic symbol from their flag while they burn ours every day.....This regime is more repressive than anything the Shah ever did and needs to be eradicated.

AppInDC

Unread post by AppInDC » Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:17 am

Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:43 pm
AppinVA wrote:
Cro-Magnon App wrote:
Their is a USMNT and Puerto Rico has their own team as does US Virgin Islands. Not sure about other places such as Guam and American Samoa.

All four of the home countries have a seat on FIBA as well, which sets the rules of "the Game" for FIFA. FIFA has the other 50% of the seats.

Each of the home countries has their own governing body for soccer and there is not much overlap. Wrexham does play in Level 5 of the English Pyramid but by and large each has their own set of leagues and soccer pyramid. (I follow Dagenham and Redbridge pretty closely in the National League of English football. This is the same league Wrexham is part of if you watch the Wrexham show on Hulu/FX.) Go Daggers. COYD.
Guam and American Samoa do have their own teams. They try to qualify out of Asia and Oceania regions respectively.

The split for teams in the UK is I believe a nod to their being seen as the "creators" of soccer. I think first intl match ever was England-Scotland. International sports federations don't always follow the same list of countries as the UN. For instance, there is a Kosovo team now even though not officially recognized in UN. In Olympics, UK plays together along with other parts as Great Britain but they still have the separation for soccer, cricket, rugby, maybe a few others.

As previous post said the group that oversees the Laws of the Game has eight spots with FIFA having half and each UK constituent having another. Changes need six votes so everything always needs FIFA support but you have to get at least two of the UK countries along as well.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:04 am

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:59 pm

OK US...... time to bring this home. #justwinbaby #beatiran

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:05 pm

YES! What a game from the US! I hate we might have lost Pulisic though.

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:06 pm

WHEW!!!
WE ARE YOSEF!

Cro-Magnon App

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:32 pm

😅 Too close for comfort. Hope Pulisic can be ready Saturday.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:37 pm

AppInDC wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:17 am
AppinVA wrote:
Cro-Magnon App wrote:

Guam and American Samoa do have their own teams. They try to qualify out of Asia and Oceania regions respectively.

The split for teams in the UK is I believe a nod to their being seen as the "creators" of soccer. I think first intl match ever was England-Scotland. International sports federations don't always follow the same list of countries as the UN. For instance, there is a Kosovo team now even though not officially recognized in UN. In Olympics, UK plays together along with other parts as Great Britain but they still have the separation for soccer, cricket, rugby, maybe a few others.

As previous post said the group that oversees the Laws of the Game has eight spots with FIFA having half and each UK constituent having another. Changes need six votes so everything always needs FIFA support but you have to get at least two of the UK countries along as well.
first international was wales england i think as it was in wrexham. i have become as expert on the national league level the last few years

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:40 pm

ASUTodd wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:05 pm
YES! What a game from the US! I hate we might have lost Pulisic though.
will be be able to have kids? that might be a bigger concern than world cup for him

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:47 pm

Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:37 pm
AppInDC wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:17 am
AppinVA wrote:
Cro-Magnon App wrote:

first international was wales england i think as it was in wrexham. i have become as expert on the national league level the last few years
I guess these guys are in favor of Wales having their own soccer team. “Tell that to Dufferin Vbois!”
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rnx5_5ckn-0
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:51 pm

I’ve grown to enjoy Soccer . USA has scored like 15 points in 20 years.

Cro-Magnon App

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:36 pm

That’s about average, ain’t it?

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:00 pm

mountaineerman wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:51 pm
I’ve grown to enjoy Soccer . USA has scored like 15 points in 20 years.
Hey at least when they play you can watch the kickoff, go do something else for an hour and a half or so, come back and you've missed nothing.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:16 pm

Pissing in cheerios is back in fashion I see…

Move along haters.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:44 pm

If you don’t like it go back to the fire coach thread.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Non-Appalachian General Discussion”