Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Queen Elizabeth RIP

AppDub
School: Appalachian State

Re: Queen Elizabeth RIP

Unread post by AppDub » Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:15 am

Regardless of who she is and our opinions on her role in positive or negative governmental affairs, a family mourns. Condolences for their loss.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:27 am

hapapp wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:20 am
I'm glad we don't have a monarchy in the U.S. but I don't think it our place to tell the UK what they need.
Funny. Because I’m the 1700’s the British thought it was absolutely their place to tell us what we needed.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:40 am

appdaze wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:33 pm
NewApp wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:13 pm
appdaze wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:05 pm
Ehh, rip I guess. Her nation dominated and oppressed millions even during the early parts of her reign. Many Americans love her as a stalwart of the old guard but many Brits I've met over the years are pretty tired of the monarchy.

With that being said she got to live quite the privileged life many would kill for, literally. She seemed like a nice enough lady who was raised in a specific fantasy class of society. She got to live 96 years. It did seem like she was just kind of done with it all after her husband died.

Good luck to Britain dealing with the younger royals. I could see Britain removing the royal titles 50+years from now and just being done with it.

The royalty just always make me think of the peasant to king Arthur quips from Monty Python about saying he was the king and the peasant saying they didn't vote for him. Then yelling help help I'm being repressed!

How the heck did you manage to dis perhaps the best and least assuming monarch of the 1900's and 2000's?????? What you say is probably true, but she has been the symbol of a benevolent monarch for almost a century. She will be missed as a symbol of Great Britain. She was loved and cherished by millions. This is not the time for negativity.
Attention seeking?
Well, you started that off with a lie. She has been the most publicized monarch worldwide in the history of humanity. Not the bit least assuming. The second part about benevolence depends on who you ask. If you were one of the millions oppressed during her reign, I highly doubt you would go around professing your love for her benevolence If you are lucky enough to have been born into the united states of America, then I still wouldn't describe the British monarchy of any era as benevolent as we are a free nation because we broke away from the oppression and tyranny of monarchs its easy for a modern American to overlook such things as our society as a whole for the lives of most Americans has been blessed by the greatest economy in the world allowing us to fantasize about the British royalty lifestyle thanks to? You guessed it, the lavish and highly publicized life of Elizabeth II. She won't be missed by much of the world as the symbol of British imperialism. She was loved by millions of brits who benefitted by being British. If it sounds negative to speak about the facts of someone's life, then you should probably take a closer look at the subject of the negativity instead of the person pointing it out.

Sorry champ, attention seeking would be the flurry of threads and posts you've made recently, most of which were pointless or could have easily been searched for on yahoo or duck duck go to get your answer.

Of course chump (in reply to your champ dig) What I meant by unassuming is that she played the role but never seemed arrogant. In other words, I liked her and her role as symbol of the so called empire (of which we have often been referred to as). (imperialistic). I'm cognizant of the flaws of the monarchy and the English monarchial system, but Elizabeth was alive my whole life, and queen for much of it. I admire most of all, her sense of duty.Just an opinion.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Non-Appalachian General Discussion”