Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Unretired?

AppStateNews
School: Appalachian State

Re: Unretired?

Unread post by AppStateNews » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:32 pm

appst89 wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:18 am
Nobody deflated the balls. This has been debunked by multiple scientists. I don't care about Brady one way or the other, but the balls were not deflated by anything other than weather and the NFL went a long way out of their way to make it look like they were.
Weird how the Colts didn't have any balls under the approved levels. There's a reason there's a range -- to acclimate to the weather. Really odd how only one team had issues with it. And it just happens to be a team with a QB and head coach that have been caught cheating multiple times. Can't give benefit of doubt when it's a common occurrence.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:38 am

AppStateNews wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:32 pm
appst89 wrote:
Nobody deflated the balls. This has been debunked by multiple scientists. I don't care about Brady one way or the other, but the balls were not deflated by anything other than weather and the NFL went a long way out of their way to make it look like they were.
Weird how the Colts didn't have any balls under the approved levels. There's a reason there's a range -- to acclimate to the weather. Really odd how only one team had issues with it. And it just happens to be a team with a QB and head coach that have been caught cheating multiple times. Can't give benefit of doubt when it's a common occurrence.
The NFL collected the data for every team over the next year and then deleted all the data from their website because it showed that the measurements taken at that AFC championship game were not outside the range of what they observed in their data collection.

Capt. Ed

Unread post by Capt. Ed » Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:56 am

Brady is clearly the G.O.T. but I'm more than tired of hearing about him.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:21 am

NewApp wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:23 pm
bcoach wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:09 pm
appdaze wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:02 pm
I m to the point that I just take bending the rules, changing the rules of all sports to the benefit of the offense, and outright cheating as part of professional sports these days. To some degree they are all doing something to get ahead.

nba--carrying, no hand check, you can't breathe on star players, euro step, gather step, james harden bunny hopping 5 times without dribbling and nothing is called.

nfl has castrated defenses with all the rule changes. illegal videos, steroids/hgh, sticky fly paper receiver gloves that let a toddler make 1 handed grabs.

mlb--doctoring the ball, glove, and bat. lowering the mound, pine tar, stealing signals, mlb itself making a livelier ball. all the body armor letting batters crowd the pate, and of course the steroids/hgh that still get used.

it all just is what it is.
Then there is the NHL who doesn't have all those problems.
Were you being serious or sarcastic?
100% serious

appstate5

Unread post by appstate5 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:19 am

Rumor is higher gas prices forced him back to work. :lol:

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:54 am

appst89 wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:38 am
AppStateNews wrote:
appst89 wrote:
The NFL collected the data for every team over the next year and then deleted all the data from their website because it showed that the measurements taken at that AFC championship game were not outside the range of what they observed in their data collection.
All this proves is others are doing it as well. For that specific game though, if it was weather related, the Colts would have had the same issue. They didn't. Unless your suggesting the Colts balls don't react to the weather the same way the Patriots balls did?

Also, zero rebuttals about Brady completely destroying a perfectly good 3 week old cell phone that had the text messages to equipment staff asking to deflate the balls. But, you know, its normal for Patriots to destroy cell phones when there is damning evidence on it
tAPPedInSports.net

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:58 am

I'm not a Brady fan and certainly not a Patriots fan. That said, it's hard to argue with him being the GOAT, or at least in the argument. Nobody really worries about the loser's cheating. The winners are always under the microscope. That's just how it is.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:05 am

Yosef84 wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:58 am
I'm not a Brady fan and certainly not a Patriots fan. That said, it's hard to argue with him being the GOAT, or at least in the argument. Nobody really worries about the loser's cheating. The winners are always under the microscope. That's just how it is.
Absolutely. I agree he has to at least be in the argument. I would put him as number 1 in my book. Doesn't mean he didn't cheat to get there though ;)
tAPPedInSports.net

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:21 am

AppStateNews wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:54 am
appst89 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
appst89 wrote:
All this proves is others are doing it as well. For that specific game though, if it was weather related, the Colts would have had the same issue. They didn't. Unless your suggesting the Colts balls don't react to the weather the same way the Patriots balls did?

Also, zero rebuttals about Brady completely destroying a perfectly good 3 week old cell phone that had the text messages to equipment staff asking to deflate the balls. But, you know, its normal for Patriots to destroy cell phones when there is damning evidence on it
You seem to have the idea that I'm defending Brady. I don't care about Brady. I care about people still holding onto a theory that has been thoroughly and soundly debunked multiple times. The NFL reported that 11 of the 12 balls used by the Patriots were underinflated by 2 psi. The truth was that only one ball was two pounds under. The Colts didn't have any balls affected by the weather? Four of the balls used by the Colts were measured at halftime as well. On one gauge, all four were within the acceptable range. On the second gauge, none of them were. So yes, the balls used by the Colts were also affected by the weather.

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:21 am

AppStateNews wrote:
appst89 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
appst89 wrote:

Just a point about destroying phone, I am not saying why but can give some legit possibilities. Here are a couple that just come to mind.
1. He thought the investigation was BS and didn't want them to see anything.
2. There could have been any number of embarrassing info on that phone, a lot of people do have stuff they don't want general public to see, and you can bet your life anything found regardless of its relevance to the investigation would have been leaked to public

Just saying you have to think about all possibilities and not just assume what you want.
Also, they guy has played in ALL kinds of situations and games for 20+ years and I think it is fairly obvious he is one of the best. That is hard to dispute. I don't like that he beat my Falcons but can appreciate that the dude is one the best QB I have seen. You take a lot of shots when you are at the top.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:32 am

appst89 wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:21 am
AppStateNews wrote:
appst89 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
appst89 wrote:

You seem to have the idea that I'm defending Brady. I don't care about Brady. I care about people still holding onto a theory that has been thoroughly and soundly debunked multiple times. The NFL reported that 11 of the 12 balls used by the Patriots were underinflated by 2 psi. The truth was that only one ball was two pounds under. The Colts didn't have any balls affected by the weather? Four of the balls used by the Colts were measured at halftime as well. On one gauge, all four were within the acceptable range. On the second gauge, none of them were. So yes, the balls used by the Colts were also affected by the weather.
The Colts did not have any balls under on any gauge. The only person saying that is Robert Kraft. Even the officials that tested the balls confirmed Colts didn't have any which is why they allowed the 3 (not all 4) "questionable" balls still in play. They had to inflate 11 of the 12 for the Patriots before they could continue the second half. Unless you're suggesting everyone in the investigation is lying.

Bottom line -- Brady cheated. Brady got caught. Doesn't mean others aren't doing the same thing. Also doesn't mean Brady isn't the best to play his position.

But to blindly "support" (for a lack of better words) him cheating when facts show otherwise is absurd.
tAPPedInSports.net

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:39 am

AtlAppMan wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
appst89 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
appst89 wrote:

Just a point about destroying phone, I am not saying why but can give some legit possibilities. Here are a couple that just come to mind.
2. There could have been any number of embarrassing info on that phone, a lot of people do have stuff they don't want general public to see, and you can bet your life anything found regardless of its relevance to the investigation would have been leaked to public

Just saying you have to think about all possibilities and not just assume what you want.
Also, they guy has played in ALL kinds of situations and games for 20+ years and I think it is fairly obvious he is one of the best. That is hard to dispute. I don't like that he beat my Falcons but can appreciate that the dude is one the best QB I have seen. You take a lot of shots when you are at the top.
That is fair. But, if the authorities want to get that data, they can just subpoena the carrier -- which is what they did. And found texts going back to 2014 with Tom requesting the balls to be deflated.

Again, I have stated time and time again, Brady is still among the top (#1 in my book), but that doesn't mean he didn't bend a few rules to get there.

If Deflategate was the only accusation against him cheating, then it's not an issue and slid under the rug. The problem is it's a common occurrence during his career so nobody can give benefit of doubt any more. I get he's at the top and everybody wants to make stuff up to bring him down, but you don't see cheating allegations against Rodgers, Manning, Marino, Montana, Young, etc.
tAPPedInSports.net

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:46 am

AppStateNews wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:32 am
appst89 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
appst89 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:

The Colts did not have any balls under on any gauge. The only person saying that is Robert Kraft. Even the officials that tested the balls confirmed Colts didn't have any which is why they allowed the 3 (not all 4) "questionable" balls still in play. They had to inflate 11 of the 12 for the Patriots before they could continue the second half. Unless you're suggesting everyone in the investigation is lying.

Bottom line -- Brady cheated. Brady got caught. Doesn't mean others aren't doing the same thing. Also doesn't mean Brady isn't the best to play his position.

But to blindly "support" (for a lack of better words) him cheating when facts show otherwise is absurd.
To blindly support a thoroughly debunked assertion is absurd.

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:01 am

AppStateNews wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:39 am
AtlAppMan wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
appst89 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:

That is fair. But, if the authorities want to get that data, they can just subpoena the carrier -- which is what they did. And found texts going back to 2014 with Tom requesting the balls to be deflated.

Again, I have stated time and time again, Brady is still among the top (#1 in my book), but that doesn't mean he didn't bend a few rules to get there.

If Deflategate was the only accusation against him cheating, then it's not an issue and slid under the rug. The problem is it's a common occurrence during his career so nobody can give benefit of doubt any more. I get he's at the top and everybody wants to make stuff up to bring him down, but you don't see cheating allegations against Rodgers, Manning, Marino, Montana, Young, etc.
I don't know the answer but am asking if anyone knows, Did Tom ask for the balls to be deflated to the lower end of the legal range or that they be deflated BELOW the legal range? That is a BIG difference.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:03 am

appst89 wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:46 am
AppStateNews wrote:
appst89 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
appst89 wrote:

If it's been debunked, please explain to me why the Patriots had to inflate 11 balls at halftime. Also, please explain to me why Colts didn't have to inflate any balls at half time, but Patriots did. Also, please explain the text messages with equipment staff. Also, please explain to me the destroyed phone containing text messages. Also, please explain to me the 3+ minute phone conversation with the equipment staff member whose name in Brady's phone was "Deflator" the day before the Colts game and 9+ minute long day after (only time they talked on the phone btw). Also, please explain the random signed balls and game worn jersey "Deflator" was promised and received back in 2014.

It has not been debunked at all. Its clear as day he requested the balls be deflated. The only thing that's been debunked is Tom is the only one with the request. Again, if it was his first rodeo, then yes, you give him benefit of doubt. But with his other confirmed accusations (meeting with coaching staff when you're not allowed, hosting workouts when you're not allowed, requesting practice of opposing team to be filmed, etc), you simply cannot do that.
tAPPedInSports.net

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:07 am

AtlAppMan wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:01 am
AppStateNews wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:39 am
AtlAppMan wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
appst89 wrote:

I don't know the answer but am asking if anyone knows, Did Tom ask for the balls to be deflated to the lower end of the legal range or that they be deflated BELOW the legal range? That is a BIG difference.
Considering the deflation happened AFTER the initial pregame inspection by the officials, it only makes sense he requested they be deflated to below the legal range. If the request was to deflate them to the low end of the legal range, there would be zero need to deflate them (possibly again) after the initial pregame inspection.

Evidence shows the requests happened starting in 2014. The famous incident in the AFC Championship game happened in 2015. This wasn't a one time deal where weather was the cause. It happened for an entire season.
tAPPedInSports.net

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:11 am

AppStateNews wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:03 am
appst89 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
appst89 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:

If it's been debunked, please explain to me why the Patriots had to inflate 11 balls at halftime. Also, please explain to me why Colts didn't have to inflate any balls at half time, but Patriots did. Also, please explain the text messages with equipment staff. Also, please explain to me the destroyed phone containing text messages. Also, please explain to me the 3+ minute phone conversation with the equipment staff member whose name in Brady's phone was "Deflator" the day before the Colts game and 9+ minute long day after (only time they talked on the phone btw). Also, please explain the random signed balls and game worn jersey "Deflator" was promised and received back in 2014.

It has not been debunked at all. Its clear as day he requested the balls be deflated. The only thing that's been debunked is Tom is the only one with the request. Again, if it was his first rodeo, then yes, you give him benefit of doubt. But with his other confirmed accusations (meeting with coaching staff when you're not allowed, hosting workouts when you're not allowed, requesting practice of opposing team to be filmed, etc), you simply cannot do that.
It's been debunked. It's out there for all to read.

Brady may be a cheater, I never said he wasn't.

The NFL peddled a false story and the media was all too happy to run with it. I only responded because I hate it when propaganda is allowed to become fact. It happens far too often these days.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:21 am

appst89 wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:11 am
AppStateNews wrote:
appst89 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
appst89 wrote:

The NFL peddled a false story and the media was all too happy to run with it. I only responded because I hate it when propaganda is allowed to become fact. It happens far too often these days.
To be fair, it was the media that peddled the story and NFL investigated it. I don't disagree the media put more of an emphasis than it needed to. But, the evidence shows he requested the balls to be deflated. Could weather have dropped them even more? Absolutely. But, he requested the balls to be deflated -- no doubt about that.

Again, 11 of 12 Patriots balls had to be inflated in order for them to play the second half. None for the Colts had to be inflated. 4 were tested and 3 were under with one gauge. However, since they were good with the other gauge, they were fine to play. For the Patriots, 11 of the 12 were under on both gauges -- thus, requiring them to be inflated to acceptable levels.

Another damning piece of evidence is that was the first time EVER balls were tested at half time. It happened at the request of the Colts because the balls felt so deflated. The officials agreed they seemed deflated so they agreed to the request by the Colts.
tAPPedInSports.net

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:31 am

AppStateNews wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:21 am
appst89 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
appst89 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:

To be fair, it was the media that peddled the story and NFL investigated it. I don't disagree the media put more of an emphasis than it needed to. But, the evidence shows he requested the balls to be deflated. Could weather have dropped them even more? Absolutely. But, he requested the balls to be deflated -- no doubt about that.

Again, 11 of 12 Patriots balls had to be inflated in order for them to play the second half. None for the Colts had to be inflated. 4 were tested and 3 were under with one gauge. However, since they were good with the other gauge, they were fine to play. For the Patriots, 11 of the 12 were under on both gauges -- thus, requiring them to be inflated to acceptable levels.

Another damning piece of evidence is that was the first time EVER balls were tested at half time. It happened at the request of the Colts because the balls felt so deflated. The officials agreed they seemed deflated so they agreed to the request by the Colts.
And the NFL collected an entire season's worth of data to try to make their lie true and then deleted it all when it didn't support their story.

I'm not denying that there is a lot of circumstantial evidence out there, but there is not one iota of credible scientific data to back the NFL up. It just doesn't exist.

We can keep this going, but you're not going to change my mind and I'm not going to change yours.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:52 am

appst89 wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:31 am
AppStateNews wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:21 am
appst89 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
appst89 wrote:

And the NFL collected an entire season's worth of data to try to make their lie true and then deleted it all when it didn't support their story.

I'm not denying that there is a lot of circumstantial evidence out there, but there is not one iota of credible scientific data to back the NFL up. It just doesn't exist.

We can keep this going, but you're not going to change my mind and I'm not going to change yours.
Again, the only thing that data proves is Brady is not the only one that prefers the ball to be at a lower inflation. It does not prove that Brady did not request the balls to be deflated AFTER inspection. All other evidence proves Brady did in fact request it and it did happen -- on multiple occasions.

Did weather make the PSI even lower than the requested level? More than likely. But that does not debunk the theory that Brady requested the balls to be deflated as well. He did and got caught. That is the issue at hand.
tAPPedInSports.net

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Non-Appalachian General Discussion”