Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Prayers for people under the Russian thumb.

GreatAppSt
School: Appalachian State

Prayers for people under the Russian thumb.

Unread post by GreatAppSt » Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:18 pm

I don't understand what it must be like for them. Evil has returned to Europe in a big way. IMHO, My PTSD has been kicked off big time this week.
Last edited by GreatAppSt on Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Appstate88

Re: Prayers for people under the Russian thumb.

Unread post by Appstate88 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:25 pm

My PTSD is up too. We must act now to help them. They fought with us in Afghanistan.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

Longrifle28

Unread post by Longrifle28 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:55 pm

Seems like we've regressed back in time. Putin is old school kgb and as evil and ruthless as they come. Need to stop him.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:35 pm

Belarus will now send in troops to assist Russia. It was being reported that Putin on phone with China today. Overwhelming odds for Ukraine. Hopefully the Ukrainians are able to do extraordinary things for their own defense. They have most of the whole world, including many Russians protesting in the streets, on their side. Given 24/7 news cycle, the 13 men on Snake Island will always be remembered as Ukrainian heros by this generation around the world.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:39 pm

Longrifle28 wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:55 pm
Seems like we've regressed back in time. Putin is old school kgb and as evil and ruthless as they come. Need to stop him.
That was a completely unhinged, hate-filled, tyrannical speech he gave just before launching his unprovoked attack on the people of Ukraine...not all that different from what I've read about some of Hitler's rants circa 1939. It's akin to a mob boss sending a goon squad next door to axe-murder his neighbors in their sleep just for practice.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:44 pm

We live 10 minutes from Bragg. Almost non-stop artillery for days. This is hard to believe. I pray for us all.

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:30 pm

“Russian Warships go F$$k yourself” sheeew if that doesn’t get you going .

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:35 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:35 pm
Belarus will now send in troops to assist Russia. It was being reported that Putin on phone with China today. Overwhelming odds for Ukraine. Hopefully the Ukrainians are able to do extraordinary things for their own defense. They have most of the whole world, including many Russians protesting in the streets, on their side. Given 24/7 news cycle, the 13 men on Snake Island will always be remembered as Ukrainian heros by this generation around the world.
China won’t get involved-that would start WW3 and likely kill a couple billion people.

My company has several offices in Ukraine. Those people are a hard working, prideful bunch. I respected them long before a madman brought hell to their doorstep. Many of my coworkers are already fighting and some are missing. I wish there was more that I could offer than just thoughts and prayers.
Give 'em hell!

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:53 pm

BeauFoster wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:35 pm
BambooRdApp wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:35 pm
China won’t get involved-that would start WW3 and likely kill a couple billion people.

My company has several offices in Ukraine. Those people are a hard working, prideful bunch. I respected them long before a madman brought hell to their doorstep. Many of my coworkers are already fighting and some are missing. I wish there was more that I could offer than just thoughts and prayers.
I’ll second that Beau. My custom cabinet makers here in Hendersonville eight brothers. Came here 20 years ago. I can tell you they are hard working good people. I befriended them over the years and talking to him over the last few days it’s heartbreaking to hear him tell me about is family.Their culture is very simple and interesting. They don’t have Televisions etc.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:12 pm

Beau - what type of business are you in?
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:17 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:12 pm
Beau - what type of business are you in?
I work in IT consulting, mainly retail e-commerce.
Give 'em hell!

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:28 pm

I agree. I do not think china is going to send troops to Ukraine. Putin is trying to figure out his options. If European countries take SWIFT away from Russia, that will severely hurt the Russian economy worse than it already is. The issue for European countries is that eliminating oil flow from Russia will impact their economies. Hopefully, they decide to do so.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:51 pm

There is WAY more going on behind the scenes here than we will ever know.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:24 pm

I know Russians and I know Ukranians , some very well , and they see each other as kin.They are in a state of shock ,dismay and abject sadness.They also tell me that Putin , a bully , was afraid of the US .Was . Now he sees weakness , and opportunity.We are in very dangerous times.BTW I have a friend , American , in Kyiv right now and am still getting real time updates .Tonight and tomorrow are critical.Make no mistake the Ukranians are fighting like hell.

CoachRob

Unread post by CoachRob » Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:35 pm

My worries with China is not their involvement in Ukraine, but what they may want to do with Taiwan. After watching what happened in Afghanistan and now Ukraine, they may now feel it is time to make a move.

All this while we have lost our self dependence on Oil. As gas prices rise, both Russia & China gain wealth. It's not looking good in short run.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:19 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:24 pm
I know Russians and I know Ukranians , some very well , and they see each other as kin.They are in a state of shock ,dismay and abject sadness.They also tell me that Putin , a bully , was afraid of the US .Was . Now he sees weakness , and opportunity.We are in very dangerous times.BTW I have a friend , American , in Kyiv right now and am still getting real time updates .Tonight and tomorrow are critical.Make no mistake the Ukranians are fighting like hell.
When the hell did Putin ever say he was afraid of the US?
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

AppfaninCAALand

Unread post by AppfaninCAALand » Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:22 pm

CoachRob wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:35 pm
My worries with China is not their involvement in Ukraine, but what they may want to do with Taiwan. After watching what happened in Afghanistan and now Ukraine, they may now feel it is time to make a move.

All this while we have lost our self dependence on Oil. As gas prices rise, both Russia & China gain wealth. It's not looking good in short run.
The difference between Ukraine and Taiwan is the Taiwanese can take out Three Gorges Dam before the ChiComs are fully mobilized. The Ukrainians don't have as much offensive capability.

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:24 pm

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:19 pm
Stonewall wrote:
Trust me, he is afraid of our military power. Peace through strength and restore American energy dominance now. #prayforukraine
Last edited by Appstate88 on Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

AppfaninCAALand

Unread post by AppfaninCAALand » Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:25 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Reading comprehension? Stonewall said the Russians and Ukrainians he knew thought Putin was scarred of the US, not that Putin himself said he was afraid of the US. Putin would never say that out loud, but events on the ground over the last decade support the speculation.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:13 pm

AppfaninCAALand wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:25 pm
Stonewall wrote:
Reading comprehension? Stonewall said the Russians and Ukrainians he knew thought Putin was scarred of the US, not that Putin himself said he was afraid of the US. Putin would never say that out loud, but events on the ground over the last decade support the speculation.
I asked a simple question. Could have saved your time by just answering it (Like you eventually did) rather than your "reading comprehension" attack.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Non-Appalachian General Discussion”