Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Prayers for people under the Russian thumb.

NewApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: Prayers for people under the Russian thumb.

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:30 am

Yosef84 wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:59 am
Appstate88 wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:06 am
McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:16 am
Appstate88 wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:36 pm
Will the USA find the courage to lead the world again? Will our leadership do everything possible to protect these vulnerable people and innocent lives from being lost? When we are not all in, sit on the fence, wring one’s hands or just play geo-politics, we will watch real evil happen before our eyes on TV. I pray for our country. I hope we will find the courage to lead again.

https://fb.watch/bHO5U7ZozO/
Give some examples where the US led AND was doing it to protect innocent lives. I am not going to suggest it has never has happened. I can think of some times we were intervening to put down popular governments in Central America that were not friendly to American agribusiness interest. I can think of a few times we have supported terrible countries ourselves that were not democracies and had terrible human rights but they had things we wanted such as energy and raw materials.

There have been a few times we came in after things had developed and were on the right side of history, but I don’t think we were leading.
Agree I don’t think we have taken action solely to protect innocent lives. We do lead and have led many humanitarian missions. We also provide the most funding and support of UN peacekeeping missions deployed to encourage lasting peace and prevent further genocide in war torn/conflict areas around the world.

WWII comes to mind where we responded, then led and were on the right side of history.
Let me clarify that I am proud of our involvement in WWII and we were definitely on the right side of history. That said, we didn't "lead" during WWI, at least not until the latter stages. We were a late comer and only joined once we were attacked at Pearl Harbor.
That was partially because of isolationists post WW I which caused us to be slow in mobilization of our military. Eisenhower was a genius.
Last edited by NewApp on Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Cro-Magnon App

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:16 pm

The world doesn’t look to America anymore as the moral high ground. We’ve lost that edge. Other countries want our money, but that’s about it.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:26 am

Let me preface this by saying that it may sound naive but it’s amazing how much of this whole insane nightmare comes down to money. It’s about sanctions, supplying a military, paying money for aid, etc. At some point it’s either going to be a stalemate or expand. I’m sure that Russia has plenty of bullets but they are taking some hits. Scary to think how south this could go soon with nukes.

GreatAppSt

Unread post by GreatAppSt » Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:31 am

I'm surprised a nuke car bomb made of Ukrainian plutonium from any number of their nuke plants has not yet made it to Moscow. Would it be justified??

On another completely different thought, I believe when Mr. Putin says everything in Ukraine is going to plan I believe him, what his objectives truly are is a guessing game even now. IMHO this whole offensive is just the softening up cannon fodder period. The real offensive won't begin until the end of April to mid May by then main armor tracked Artillery, wheeled and tracked infantry carriers will roam free over the largely obstacle free countryside.

The Ukrainian have defended well so far indeed but I fear the success is due to facing an almost completely road bound Russian Army. The Russian army in Ukraine now is only about 10% of the active Russian troops that could be brought to bear in Ukraine if needed not to mention the 2 million more reservists available

Pray for a miracle Peace.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:44 pm

This is a real problem, Russia has more tanks than any nation and it's not close.

https://www.globalfirepower.com/armor-tanks-total.php

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:55 pm

They are down quite a few lately.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:20 pm

Being in one of those tanks could be a scary thing when a single man can carry a weapon that can take you out from a mile and a half away.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:10 pm

My cousin was a tank commander in Nam - biggest fear - fire :>(
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:33 am

Saint3333 wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:44 pm
This is a real problem, Russia has more tanks than any nation and it's not close.

https://www.globalfirepower.com/armor-tanks-total.php
That's a huge problem for the Ukrainians, but not so much when matching up the US vs Russia. God Forbid that it ever comes to a head to head conflict between the two, and I don't think this one will. That said, the US has WAY more combat aircraft and attack helicopters. We don't attack with tanks first. The Russian military is designed for exactly what it is doing...rolling into and occupying / annexing territories and countries. In any conflict with the US, their tanks wouldn't make it to the fight because that would be one of our first targets. What is truly scary to think about isn't the tanks. It's the escalation that would likely happen when Putin realized he wasn't winning (if that happens).

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:37 am

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:20 pm
Being in one of those tanks could be a scary thing when a single man can carry a weapon that can take you out from a mile and a half away.
Speaking of tanks and 40 mile long convoys this is what you need:

GreatAppSt

Unread post by GreatAppSt » Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:11 am

WataugaMan wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:37 am
Mjohn1988 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:20 pm
Speaking of tanks and 40 mile long convoys this is what you need:
I have a first hand account of these, you are correct sir!

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:51 am

They had these at Myrtle Beach AFB back in the day.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Non-Appalachian General Discussion”