Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Prayers for a Mountaineer

asu66
School: Appalachian State

Re: Prayers for a Mountaineer

Unread post by asu66 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:05 pm

For those who may not have seen Ms. Daphne's obit...

https://www.grocefuneralhome.com/obits/ ... -urquhart/

The shock and sadness are still there for Daphne's husband, Paul; her sons, Brian and Ian; her grandchildren; her mother, Betty White; her friends, neighbors and professional colleagues; and of course all of us who knew of her affection for all things Appalachian. While to us, she was taken (in our minds) far too soon and far too young, we can have faith that God needed another Angel in Heaven to watch over us. We can celebrate a life well-lived and remember all of the things she taught us about kindness, sharing, southern hospitality, message board etiquette, how things work and how to get help in Yosef Club matters and many, many other things to include how to yell "Go Apps!"

Rest in Peace, dear friend.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

asucrutch23

Unread post by asucrutch23 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:36 am

THANK YOU APP NATION!

I'm extremely humbled by all of the stories and well-wishes here and on social media for my mom. It just reiterates to me the reason she fell in love with my school in the first place. The App family is unmatched. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

There were several who were asking about a memorial fund for my mom. I was encouraged by the App State Foundation to do so as well. She certainly loved App and would want it to continue to grow. All proceeds go directly to the Yosef Club. I think her goal would be for App State to fully fund athletic scholarships so that we are maximizing our opportunities to continue to recruit student-athletes who win championships AND succeed in the classroom.

LINK TO GIVE: http://givenow.appstate.edu/daphne

Speaking of succeeding on and off the field, here she is with one of our best examples of that, Doug Middleton.

Here's another photo of my mother, with me at the Michigan game in 2007, my junior year at App State. If you see me at an App State sporting event, feel free to stop and say hello. Thank you all and Go App!

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun May 15, 2022 9:46 am

I missed that back in January. She was a wonderful lady.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Non-Appalachian General Discussion”