Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Driving advice

NewApp
School: Appalachian State

Driving advice

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:33 pm

From a former student of mine:

I should have said this awhile back but since people will running around and traveling for the holidays, let's review our Driver's Education 101.
1. Somewhat obey speed limits. 80 mph in a 55 zone is a little excessive. 🏎
2. Slower traffic and cruising traffic keep right. And PLEASE don't go the same speed as a slower car in the right lane while you are in the left lane, thus blocking all of the cars behind you.➑️🚫
3. Don't pull into the left lane to pass someone, then slow down to the same speed once you're past them. Move back over into the right lane!!😑
4. Turn signals - for Heaven's sake, use them! They did not cost extra and you don't get charged when you use them.↔️
5. 3 car lengths between cars; not 3 feet. πŸ“
6. Wipers on, lights on. Turn on your dang lights when it's raining.β›ˆ
7. Don't pull out in front of someone, only to poke-ass along.🐒
8. Please don't speed and weave in and out of traffic trying to get ahead of everyone. We're all trying to get somewhere. And if I catch up to you at the next light, I promise you I WILL smile and wave at you.πŸ‘‹
9. Turn your stupid music down! If I wanted to hear your music before I even see your car, while my windows are up, I'd be listening to it myself. Plus, you're going deaf!🎡
10. If I pass you because you're going 5 mph under the speed limit, don't speed up by 15 mph so I can't even get back into the right lane.😈
Thank you and have a Merry Christmas!πŸŽ„πŸŽ
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Watauga72

Re: Driving advice

Unread post by Watauga72 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:54 pm

Now get off my lawn!

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:30 pm

Watauga72 wrote: ↑
Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:54 pm
Now get off my lawn!
Not before I my dog leaves a turd on it. :lol:
Google SUX

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:13 pm

This is as good of a place as any to post this, I always loved this scene:

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:16 am

NewApp wrote: ↑
Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:33 pm

I should have said this awhile back but since people will running around and traveling for the holidays, let's review our Driver's Education 101.
2. Slower traffic and cruising traffic keep right. And PLEASE don't go the same speed as a slower car in the right lane while you are in the left lane, thus blocking all of the cars behind you.➑️🚫
3. Don't pull into the left lane to pass someone, then slow down to the same speed once you're past them. Move back over into the right lane!!😑
4. Turn signals - for Heaven's sake, use them! They did not cost extra and you don't get charged when you use them.↔️
8. Please don't speed and weave in and out of traffic trying to get ahead of everyone. We're all trying to get somewhere. And if I catch up to you at the next light, I promise you I WILL smile and wave at you.πŸ‘‹
9. Turn your stupid music down! If I wanted to hear your music before I even see your car, while my windows are up, I'd be listening to it myself. Plus, you're going deaf!🎡
10. If I pass you because you're going 5 mph under the speed limit, don't speed up by 15 mph so I can't even get back into the right lane.😈
Someone needs to say it, so I'm going to say it:

This content should be issued as a mandatory quiz for all North Carolinians when they renew their drivers license. Period.

canes_mj

Unread post by canes_mj » Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:21 pm

Bootsy wrote: ↑
Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:16 am

This content should be issued as a mandatory quiz for all North Carolinians when they renew their drivers license. Period.
Yes! Add to it education on the law for turning left on a 1. solid green circle vs 2. green arrow vs 3. flashing yellow arrow. And a mandatory amount of road hours on curve training...take your foot OFF the gas into it (not drive full speed in and brake), accelerate out of it!!

No one is welcome on my lawn either obviously.

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:21 pm

Almost time for the annual "snake feed" in Moorefield:

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:20 pm

Bootsy wrote: ↑
Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:16 am

I could live with that. Too, dim it damn't should be added. There ought to be a sensor that cuts off a driver's head lights if he doesn't dim his lights when meeting another car. Only half joking.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:23 pm

WataugaMan wrote: ↑
Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:21 pm
Almost time for the annual "snake feed" in Moorefield:
Not that it's very important in the whole scheme of things, but why didn't you start a separate thread featuring the music videos you guys crave? Throw in a little Doc Watson for good measure. That would get a lot of thumbs ups/responses.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:30 pm

WataugaMan wrote: ↑
Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:13 pm
This is as good of a place as any to post this, I always loved this scene:
That's the funniest Cheech and Chong bit I ever viewed. What flick did it come from? But what the heck does it have to do with this thread :?:
Google SUX

appbanker

Unread post by appbanker » Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:50 pm

Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:20 pm

I could live with that. Too, dim it damn't should be added. There ought to be a sensor that cuts off a driver's head lights if he doesn't dim his lights when meeting another car. Only half joking.
My wife’s new Buick has a feature that automatically turns the bright lights on and off

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sat Dec 25, 2021 5:26 am

appbanker wrote: ↑
Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:50 pm

My wife’s new Buick has a feature that automatically turns the bright lights on and off
I've hear there was such a thing, but it seems some go up and down rapidly as if the car was hitting bumps. Is that true?
Google SUX

asu1978

Unread post by asu1978 » Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:08 am

You mean the sign that says (85) is NOT the speed limit sign? :o

appbanker

Unread post by appbanker » Sat Dec 25, 2021 7:23 am

Sat Dec 25, 2021 5:26 am

I've hear there was such a thing, but it seems some go up and down rapidly as if the car was hitting bumps. Is that true?
It works pretty good. The bright can sometimes be turned off if there are bright street lights or porch lights. Living in the country it comes in handy.

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Sat Dec 25, 2021 7:34 am

My Subaru Outback has it as well, along with a raft of other "safety" features that regularly contribute to near misses and close calls on the interstate.

The car is so smart, it's stupid.

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:37 am

The car is so smart, it's stupid.

My wife’s Volvo is the same: will not let me change lanes unless I signal to tell it; automatically slows if IT thinks I’m too fast; beeps and flashes when parking because it thinks I’m trying to hurt it. Occasionally I insist we just take my truck for peace of mind.
Bring Your A Game!

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sat Dec 25, 2021 9:25 am

Agreed. Old classics are better. Although I like my Lexus. My favorite car I ever driven was the '65 mustang I drove during high school and college. It was 25+ years old at the time. My dad had it operating like new.
One neat experience when I was in school at App. St....while getting my car oil change at Ford dealership in Boone, someone had a 65/66 aqua green mustang convertible parked near front entrance. That car looked like it came straight off the assembly line inside and out.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:47 am

"That's the funniest Cheech and Chong bit I ever viewed" Actually I thought the below skit was a little better. It takes place in a car, thus, it should go along with the theme of this thread:

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Sat Dec 25, 2021 11:06 am

In others words, just think out there.

Captain Morgan

Unread post by Captain Morgan » Sat Dec 25, 2021 11:51 am

What is it about the passing lane that makes slow people want to drive there?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to β€œNon-Appalachian General Discussion”