Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

More College Violence

Appsolutely

Re: More College Violence

Unread post by Appsolutely » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:27 pm

Unfortunately, some of these people aren't "dumb/stupid." They are mentally deranged. And we ought to be doing whatever is reasonable to try to keep guns out of their hands. Will some of them still get guns if backround checks become the law? Sure...but at least, as a society, we are trying to limit their access.

We have laws against drunk driving. But I don't hear anybody saying those laws ought to be repealed just because drunk driving hasn't stopped. These types of laws aren't enacted because somebody believes they will solve 100% of the problem. They are enacted because the general consensus (which is about 90% in favor of backround checks) is that they might make for a more peaceful society.

The same goes for high capacity magazines and assault rifles. If somebody can give me one good reason why they ought to be available except "I get my rocks off firing big ass guns with a lot of ammunition," maybe I'll change my mind. I've always wanted to fire off a couple RPGs at all those empty tractor trailers right off the Grandover Blvd. exit on I-85. But I'm not pissed off because RPGs aren't available at Target.
"I’ve always said the program is bigger than me, any one player or any one coach."--Scott Satterfield

AppGrad1

Re: More College Violence

Unread post by AppGrad1 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:46 pm

Appsolutely wrote:Unfortunately, some of these people aren't "dumb/stupid." They are mentally deranged. And we ought to be doing whatever is reasonable to try to keep guns out of their hands. Will some of them still get guns if backround checks become the law? Sure...but at least, as a society, we are trying to limit their access.

We have laws against drunk driving. But I don't hear anybody saying those laws ought to be repealed just because drunk driving hasn't stopped. These types of laws aren't enacted because somebody believes they will solve 100% of the problem. They are enacted because the general consensus (which is about 90% in favor of backround checks) is that they might make for a more peaceful society.

The same goes for high capacity magazines and assault rifles. If somebody can give me one good reason why they ought to be available except "I get my rocks off firing big ass guns with a lot of ammunition," maybe I'll change my mind. I've always wanted to fire off a couple RPGs at all those empty tractor trailers right off the Grandover Blvd. exit on I-85. But I'm not pissed off because RPGs aren't available at Target.
Why do the police carry AR'15's? If the police think they need that type of weapon then does it not make sense that we as citizens need one too? The police get to the crime scenes after the fact...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Non-Appalachian General Discussion”