Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

He Has Risen

JCline0429

Re: He Has Risen

Unread post by JCline0429 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:22 pm

appdaze wrote:
ASUTodd wrote:
appdaze wrote:
ASUTodd wrote:Are you saying that "HE" is part of the zombie apocalypse?

How dare you even assume that HE is part of the zombie apocalypse!! Raptor Jesus is alive in all of our hearts. Don't you ever forget that HE went extinct for your sins.
You contradicted yourself....alive and extinct??? If He can do that then He can be part of the Zombie Apocalypse. Actually I guess Lazarus and the little girl were the first two. Relax man, just a little humor. I'm sure you've laughed at some off color joke that someone else found offensive. Stuff like this is why I wouldn't want Liberty around.

I only laugh at brightly colored jokes, like the neon kind. I certainly hope you've heard of Raptor Jesus. He might be the son of the flying spaghetti monster.

You must be a Bill Maher fan.
a.k.a JC0429

AppGrad1

Unread post by AppGrad1 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:56 pm

Ya know, someone posts a Christian theme on the Non ASU General Thread and some people can't even respect the greatest day of their belief. They just can't wait to make fun of them.
This world is going down and fast. Most of us know each other by their handles and almost seem related in an ASU way. We still can't respect the views of their so called ASU brothers.

Christians are about the only "group" that people make fun of. Unreal.

I know, I know, you were "just kidding"...

AppState1
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by AppState1 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:09 pm

AppGrad1 wrote:
That is not true.

Tarheel fans are made fun of.

AppGrad1

Unread post by AppGrad1 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:13 pm

AppState wrote:
AppGrad1 wrote:
That is not true.

Tarheel fans are made fun of.
I'm a Christian and a Tar Heel fan. I don't have a chance! (ASU 1st, UNC 2nd)

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:32 pm

I love Jesus, I just hate his followers. And no, I'm not kidding

HeffnerIV

Unread post by HeffnerIV » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:38 pm

ASUTodd wrote:I love Jesus, I just hate his followers. And no, I'm not kidding
Wow

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:40 pm

AppGrad1 wrote:Ya know, someone posts a Christian theme on the Non ASU General Thread and some people can't even respect the greatest day of their belief. They just can't wait to make fun of them.
This world is going down and fast. Most of us know each other by their handles and almost seem related in an ASU way. We still can't respect the views of their so called ASU brothers.

Why post something of that nature on a board such as this. There are plenty of religious sites on the Internets to post messages of a religious nature. Post away on those boards and I can read about it there if I choose. Otherwise, expect someone of a different viewpoint on the matter to counter the statement.

I am thankful we live in a country where the original message can be posted AND someone can counter with a bit of humor. I think an all-knowing God can and might very well have a sense of humor, if you will allow me a bit of an anthropomorphic deity, which the Abrahamic religions pretty much are.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

JCline0429

Unread post by JCline0429 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:46 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
AppGrad1 wrote:Ya know, someone posts a Christian theme on the Non ASU General Thread and some people can't even respect the greatest day of their belief. They just can't wait to make fun of them.

Why post something of that nature on a board such as this. There are plenty of religious sites on the Internets to post messages of a religious nature. Post away on those boards and I can read about it there if I choose. Otherwise, expect someone of a different viewpoint on the matter to counter the statement.

I am thankful we live in a country where the original message can be posted AND someone can counter with a bit of humor. I think an all-knowing God can and might very well have a sense of humor, if you will allow me a bit of an anthropomorphic deity, which the Abrahamic religions pretty much are.
A little analogy here: There are gazillions of food/cooking/dining boards out there, yet we continually get a barrage of Bar-B-Que posts on here.
a.k.a JC0429

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:54 pm

AppGrad1

Unread post by AppGrad1 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:55 pm

Bet you wouldn't say something with racial humor or LGBT humor.
If this is a Non ASU thread they why can't religion be posted here? Is it a Non ASU/Religion Sub Catagory? Didn't know that?
Christians are fair game, other groups are not. Just watch the media if you don't believe me...

AppGrad1

Unread post by AppGrad1 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:10 pm

appdaze wrote:Image

You eyes are wide shut if you even believe this as sarcasm...

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:16 pm

Thank you for speaking up. I tried to address this, but couldn't find the correct words.

However, they're right on the heels. ;)
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

GlassOnion

Unread post by GlassOnion » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:24 pm

I agree Appgrad1.

Read it yesterday, and thought it was incredibly disrespectful.

And yes we do have the freedom to make remarks like that, but that doesnt make it right.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:37 pm

AppGrad1 wrote:

Says the person who thinks that Christians are about the only group made fun of. Please....stop playing the victim. People all over the world are made fun of all the time for everything. Groups of people are made fun of based off stereotypes like nerds/jocks/goths etc. Things that have nothing to do with religion yet still group people. Please get over yourself and your victim attitude. Christianity is not the only thing made fun of even in our media. The Simpsons, South park, family guy, daily show, colbert report, stand up comedians, some of the daily talk show hosts/comedians, one liners in movies, all kinds of things make fun of other religions you just choose not to pay attention to them or probably even laugh at them because they don't pertain to Christianity, yet as soon as someone squeaks something against your religion you get all defensive and revert to victim mode. :roll: but we've been down this road on this board before so I'll keep spreading mine butter side up and you can keep yours butter side down.

AppGrad1

Unread post by AppGrad1 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:01 pm

appdaze wrote:
AppGrad1 wrote:

Says the person who thinks that Christians are about the only group made fun of. Please....stop playing the victim. People all over the world are made fun of all the time for everything. Groups of people are made fun of based off stereotypes like nerds/jocks/goths etc. Things that have nothing to do with religion yet still group people. Please get over yourself and your victim attitude. Christianity is not the only thing made fun of even in our media. The Simpsons, South park, family guy, daily show, colbert report, stand up comedians, some of the daily talk show hosts/comedians, one liners in movies, all kinds of things make fun of other religions you just choose not to pay attention to them or probably even laugh at them because they don't pertain to Christianity, yet as soon as someone squeaks something against your religion you get all defensive and revert to victim mode. :roll: but we've been down this road on this board before so I'll keep spreading mine butter side up and you can keep yours butter side down.
I'm not saying other groups never get "picked" on, BUT, you get giddy when you get to take shots at Christians and then use the "reverse" mojo to make them try to look as victims. Ohhh, those Christians, they think they are the real victims here and then you post your little graph... Give me a break.
I bet you don't say things about blacks, spanish, latinos, gays, lesbians, etc groups like you do Christian groups. Want some of that bet?

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:08 pm

AppGrad1 wrote:

I bet you don't say things about blacks, spanish, latinos, gays, lesbians, etc groups like you do Christian groups. Want some of that bet?

How much money would you like to lose? I could use an easy pay day. Without taping conversations with my friends I'm not really sure how I could prove this though. Then again that is probably what you are banking on, the fact that there is no way I can prove it. O well...as I said...I'll keep mine butter side up and you can keep yours butter side down.

AppGrad1

Unread post by AppGrad1 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:18 pm

appdaze wrote:
AppGrad1 wrote:

How much money would you like to lose? I could use an easy pay day. Without taping conversations with my friends I'm not really sure how I could prove this though. Then again that is probably what you are banking on, the fact that there is no way I can prove it. O well...as I said...I'll keep mine butter side up and you can keep yours butter side down.
I'm quietly awaiting the humorous graphs on blacks, spanish, Latinos, gays, lesbians, etc you've used before...'
Coming in 3, 2, 1....... Crickets.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:27 pm

JCline0429 wrote:

A little analogy here: There are gazillions of food/cooking/dining boards out there, yet we continually get a barrage of Bar-B-Que posts on here.
And to continue your little analogy, we don't all agree on cups and BBQ either. No one is getting all upset when someone slams the ketchup of Lexington vs the Eastern style. But when someone brings up BBQ the realization is that some will joke about it, some will not, but that is the nature of a message board that is at its core about college level sports for a particular university. I did not suggest the topic of the meaning of Easter not be brought up, just that there are other venues that might have a more reverent audience if that is desired, and if it is brought up here to expect some differing opinions, up to including mocking.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:48 pm

AppGrad1 wrote:
appdaze wrote:
AppGrad1 wrote:

I'm quietly awaiting the humorous graphs on blacks, spanish, Latinos, gays, lesbians, etc you've used before...'
Coming in 3, 2, 1....... Crickets.

http://global3.memecdn.com/the-pie-chart_o_1018395.jpg Few cuss words in this one.

Sorry it took longer than your 3.2.1.. thing mess whatever. There are so many Meme's and things out there that make fun of everything in life that I got side tracked looking up stuff. So ummmm where is my money?

AppGrad1

Unread post by AppGrad1 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:01 pm

Gotta hand it to ya. Those are some doozies.
Can't say I agree with the posting of em...
I'll have to meet ya at a football game and buy ya that hot dog and drink this year for the bet... ;)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Non-Appalachian General Discussion”