Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Charter cable subscribers

AppState1
School: Appalachian State

Charter cable subscribers

Unread post by AppState1 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:37 pm

Just a heads up. The WatchESPN app now works for charter subscribers. Active for three or so weeks. Works on phones, tablets, PCs, and xbox360. Not sure about PS3. You need charter email address and password to authenticate with charter. Channels available depends on your level of service with charter.

appalum2003

Re: Charter cable subscribers

Unread post by appalum2003 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:32 am

I have Charter Internet but not cable... I wonder if it will work. I'll test when I get home. Thanks for the heads up! This will come in handy for March Madness.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:20 am

I have internet only with time warner and it tells me I have to have cable as well in order to qualify for espn3 and the other branches of it. I would guess Charter follows suite but maybe not.

asucrutch23

Unread post by asucrutch23 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:27 am

I have Charter internet only and tried this last night. It wouldn''t let me watch the Celtics-Heat game (ESPN), but I could watch NAIA Basketball (ESPN3). This makes sense because I only subscribe to Charter internet, so they only give me the internet feature (ESPN3). I wish DirecTV would be added to Watch ESPN but I'm not holding my breath.

TheMoody1

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:29 am

asucrutch23 wrote:I have Charter internet only and tried this last night. It wouldn''t let me watch the Celtics-Heat game (ESPN), but I could watch NAIA Basketball (ESPN3). This makes sense because I only subscribe to Charter internet, so they only give me the internet feature (ESPN3). I wish DirecTV would be added to Watch ESPN but I'm not holding my breath.

Ditto. We have the same situation.

AppGrad1

Unread post by AppGrad1 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:34 pm

appdaze wrote:I have internet only with time warner and it tells me I have to have cable as well in order to qualify for espn3 and the other branches of it. I would guess Charter follows suite but maybe not.
Just find a buddy who has Time Warner cable and use his id and password for ESPN3.
It'll work for both...

appfanz

Unread post by appfanz » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:25 pm

Now I am confused. I watch espn3 on my laptop all the time and have never been asked for a password that i can recall.

appmandan

Unread post by appmandan » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:50 pm

When your ISP (This case charter) signed up for ESPN3 they submitted their public IP address space to ESPN for all their residential customers. ESPN3 identifies you by your public IP address, thus not requiring a username and password. It will only prompt you for a username and password if you try to hit ESPN3 from a public IP it doesn't recognize.

By the way, unless it's changed in the last year or so, ESPN3 is pretty expensive for ISPs. They charge by the internet subscriber, and not by the user or bandwidth. This causes everyone's bill to go up because the ISP isn't going to absorb the cost. Your ISP pays a fee to ESPN whether you go there and view a video or not. The same is true (I think) for WatchESPN. That's why you have to have a cable plan to use a charter username and password. They're not going to give you access unless they've passed the use fee down to you in your cable bill.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Non-Appalachian General Discussion”