Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

North Korea Vows Nuke attack on US

appdaze

North Korea Vows Nuke attack on US

Unread post by appdaze » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:59 am

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/03/07 ... ions-vote/

http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en ... =125&ty=23

Can't get this image to work on here for some reason. I've had others to work....But I think it pretty much states what I think.

WataugaMan
School: Appalachian State

Re: North Korea Vows Nuke attack on US

Unread post by WataugaMan » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:19 am

This pretty much states what I think, "don't push it, or...."

ASU-FTW

Unread post by ASU-FTW » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:35 am

Save us Dennis Rodman!!

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:58 am

North Korea's attempts to develope a nuclear weapon remind me of UNCC's quest for a football team.

GlassOnion

Unread post by GlassOnion » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:22 am

Gonzo wrote:North Korea's attempts to develope a nuclear weapon remind me of UNCC's quest for a football team.
How? They already have them.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:57 am

GlassOnion wrote:
Gonzo wrote:North Korea's attempts to develope a nuclear weapon remind me of UNCC's quest for a football team.
The time frame is similar and its a real-world example of Little-Man Syndrome. Just because you have a crude nuke doesn't make you on par with real world powers. ect

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:01 am

Gonzo wrote:
GlassOnion wrote:
The time frame is similar and its a real-world example of Little-Man Syndrome. Just because you have a crude nuke doesn't make you on par with real world powers. ect
No but it makes you more dangerous. Look what a handful of Saudis did to us on 9/11 with no weapons at all.

GlassOnion

Unread post by GlassOnion » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:11 am

Gonzo wrote:
GlassOnion wrote:
No. Its far more dangerous. It doesnt matter if its crude or not, it can still kill hundreds of thousands of people. You think the two we dropped on Japan in 1945 were that advanced?

You cant assume that everyone has the same values or ability to reason that we do. Their leader is a kid, who has done nothing but play video games, watch movies, and listen to his fathers propaganda for his entire lifetime. He knows nothing about the outside world. His father died, and all the sudden hes their top general with one of the worst weapons on the planet. Just think how ludicrous it is for someone to even make this kind of threat, the guy must be crazy, right? Now think about what he has at his disposal.

ggasu

Unread post by ggasu » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:24 am

China has turned against its long time ally, and signed the UN sanctions against North Korea.

North Korea is now cornered with its long time big brother no longer protecting them.
Kim Jong-un seems to be borderline crazy, so I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to attack the US base in South Korea.

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:27 am

"No. Its far more dangerous. It doesnt matter if its crude or not, it can still kill hundreds of thousands of people."

As in South Korea.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:37 am

GlassOnion wrote:
Gonzo wrote:
GlassOnion wrote:
No. Its far more dangerous. It doesnt matter if its crude or not, it can still kill hundreds of thousands of people. You think the two we dropped on Japan in 1945 were that advanced?

You cant assume that everyone has the same values or ability to reason that we do. Their leader is a kid, who has done nothing but play video games, watch movies, and listen to his fathers propaganda for his entire lifetime. He knows nothing about the outside world. His father died, and all the sudden hes their top general with one of the worst weapons on the planet. Just think how ludicrous it is for someone to even make this kind of threat, the guy must be crazy, right? Now think about what he has at his disposal.
Keep in mind I'm purely comparing the NK effort for nukes to UNCC/football and doing so far a laugh. I'm not assessing the immanent danger of nuclear war. Of course it's a very serious and scary matter.

Just trying to lighten it up with a humorous comparison.

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:41 am

Got it Gonzo:
Both want to confront the big boys, but don't have the weapons
Both have had bad practices, but brag of their success
Both are weak and inexperienced in using their new toys
Both have morons for leaders (Sorry, Judy)
Both could use Dennis Rodman on their team
Both have MAJOR POWERS nearby who can squash them if they so choose :)

:lol:

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:03 pm

Screenshot_2013-03-07-13-56-09.png
MERICA!!!!!!

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:06 pm

What really worries me is that we no longer have the will to do what is needed to win. If Rodman’s buddy were to send one over just what would we do? When we dropped that bomb on Japan it changed our will to do what is necessary to truly defend ourselves. It was the last war we won. I don’t really want to harm anyone in the world but we must work up the will to stop them from hurting us. The way we fight today hurts us as much as it hurts those that want to kill us. Let me correct that. It hurts our brave men and women in the military while the rest of America is home watching sitcoms on TV. We feel it is better to send our youth to other countries to have limbs blown off than to harm civilians from countries that hate us.
I am very proud of many things about this country but what we are doing to our military is not one of them. I would sure hate to see boots on the ground in North Korea. It didn’t work out so well the first time.

ASU-FTW

Unread post by ASU-FTW » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:12 pm

bcoach wrote:What really worries me is that we no longer have the will to do what is needed to win. If Rodman’s buddy were to send one over just what would we do? When we dropped that bomb on Japan it changed our will to do what is necessary to truly defend ourselves. It was the last war we won. I don’t really want to harm anyone in the world but we must work up the will to stop them from hurting us. The way we fight today hurts us as much as it hurts those that want to kill us. Let me correct that. It hurts our brave men and women in the military while the rest of America is home watching sitcoms on TV. We feel it is better to send our youth to other countries to have limbs blown off than to harm civilians from countries that hate us.
I am very proud of many things about this country but what we are doing to our military is not one of them. I would sure hate to see boots on the ground in North Korea. It didn’t work out so well the first time.
In my mind, nukes don't have a place in this world either. I hope that the ones dropped on Japan will be the last ones ever used. A nuclear war could end life on this planet entirely.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:30 pm

ASU-FTW wrote:
bcoach wrote:What really worries me is that we no longer have the will to do what is needed to win. If Rodman’s buddy were to send one over just what would we do? When we dropped that bomb on Japan it changed our will to do what is necessary to truly defend ourselves. It was the last war we won. I don’t really want to harm anyone in the world but we must work up the will to stop them from hurting us. The way we fight today hurts us as much as it hurts those that want to kill us. Let me correct that. It hurts our brave men and women in the military while the rest of America is home watching sitcoms on TV. We feel it is better to send our youth to other countries to have limbs blown off than to harm civilians from countries that hate us.
In my mind, nukes don't have a place in this world either. I hope that the ones dropped on Japan will be the last ones ever used. A nuclear war could end life on this planet entirely.
IDK if it could wipe out the human race, but it could absolutely destroy society as we know it and send us into the dark ages like the Black Death.

ImfromClayton
School: Charlotte

Unread post by ImfromClayton » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:58 pm

It is hysterical how much you guys talk about Charlotte.

Judy Rose does kind of look like Kim Jong Un I guess.

ASU-FTW

Unread post by ASU-FTW » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:06 pm

ImfromClayton wrote:

What is equally humorous is how often you reply to slights made at UNCC.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:10 pm

How you can sit on another school's message board and joke about the members harping on your school is beyond me. Must not cover irony at 4-year CP.

ImfromClayton
School: Charlotte

Unread post by ImfromClayton » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:31 pm

ASU-FTW wrote:
ImfromClayton wrote:

What is equally humorous is how often you reply to slights made at UNCC.
Just have some App graduates in the family. I like to stay informed. This site offers far more intelligent discussion over relevant issues than "appfan." I just think it's funny. I'll lay off, but the only reason I started actually posting was to point out the fact that it does seem to come up quite a bit here. Not to take a jab, but it does seem like discussion over ways to improve the product offered by Appalachian State rather than taking jabs at Charlotte would be much more productive.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Non-Appalachian General Discussion”