Men's BBall at UNCC

Togetherwerise
School: Appalachian State

Men's BBall at UNCC

Unread post by Togetherwerise » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:41 pm

Will you be there?
Hope to see a great crowd Thursday at App's (M) basketball against UNCC. Tip off is at 8:00 and we will meet at Taco Mac University at 6:00 pm for happy hour. Had a great crowd with over 30 at the BarrelHouse last night prior to the GT game....a nice crowd at McCamish Pavilion supporting our boys too. So great to see so many Atlanta Alumni! Now..... Charlotte and surrounding Alumni, let's double or triple the Atlanta group! Coach Fox is great and our boys are working hard!

lillycafe

Re: Men's BBall at UNCC

Unread post by lillycafe » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:29 am

Bringing myself, my two sons, and maybe a third person.

appfanjj

Unread post by appfanjj » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:41 am

4 possibly 5 in our group

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:00 am

App has to be able to knock down some outside shots and keep the 49ers off the glass to stay in this game.
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:47 am

We have a decent sized group going. A mix of App folks and Tar Heel fans who went to UNCc.

spong

Unread post by spong » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:21 pm

I wish I could be there.

One thing we have on are side is that Coach Fox saw UNCC every year when he was at Davidson. We should have them much better scouted then they have us scouted.

Go App!

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:40 pm

moonshine wrote:App has to be able to knock down some outside shots and keep the 49ers off the glass to stay in this game.
We had one of our best shooting nights this season on Monday night in Atlanta; and still lost to a mediocre Tech team by 13. Charlotte played its best game of the season last night in beating C of C 90-85 in OT.

Our kids are foul-prone and certainly didn't get any help from the refs in Atlanta. While Tech won nearly every offensive stat in the game except shooting percentage from the floor; it was the foul stats that ruled the evening. The Apps didn't get a single free throw attempt in the first half. Tech got 16. For the game, the Apps got a whopping 8 FT attempts and hit 100% of them. Tech got 29 and hit 18. The foul differential plus poor offensive rebounding and 17 turnovers were the deciding factors. Tech wore us out on the boards and off the bench.

We're still a long way from being a good SoCon team--much less a relevant Sun Belt team. There will be a tremendous talent/experience gap between our Apps and the 49ers tomorrow. I fully expect that Coach Fox will find ways to keep us in the game; but it'll take a strong rebounding--low turnover performance from the Apps to pull off an upset. And--of course--a little less whistle-blowing from the refs. We can't survive a 10 foul-call differential in Charlotte's favor like Tech got Monday night.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:08 pm

In what section are y'alls tickets?

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:18 pm

I will see you all at Taco Mac. First time going to Halton.

appfanjj

Unread post by appfanjj » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:20 pm

According to uncc ticket office you can get tickets in the app section which is upper deck behind our bench for 10 each or wait until Thursday and probably get tickets behind our bench in the lower section for 25 each. These are season tickets being unused by uncc season ticket holders. Plenty of upper deck tickets available. Should be plenty of the lower level ones available as well per uncc ticket office.

Appftw

Unread post by Appftw » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:56 pm

Will tickets be $10 at the box office on the day of? I was planning on getting tickets once I got to UNC-Concord, but not if they're $25.

Nugget49
School: Charlotte

Unread post by Nugget49 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:38 pm

asu66 wrote:Charlotte played its best game of the season last night in beating C of C 90-85 in OT.
I do not know how many Charlotte games you have the opportunity to watch but the CofC game was one of the worst games we have played this season. Our best game was the one basket loss to Miami (#17) where they hit 14 3-pointers at a 61% clip to beat us. We outplayed them in every other category. We have also beaten Penn State and South Carolina this season. Both were much better games than our weak effort last night. CofC hit 16 3-pointers (61.5%) and generally outplayed us up until the end of the game. The hint to App is shoot from behind the line early and often. We do not have a clue how to defend against that. It was the same thing Davidson did to us so Fox should know what to do.

Students are gone so Halton will be quiet and not particularly full. Unless you have a parking pass you will be in the West Deck, # 44 on the map linked below. Halton is #46 next to it.
http://facilities.uncc.edu/sites/facili ... p_2014.pdf

If you have been listening to a certain poster here you are going to be confused when you do not see a couple of concrete buildings in the middle of nowhere, next to a bus stop. Don't worry. Follow the map and you will be fine. We really do have an actual campus. Just don't get lost in all of the dorms, where actual students actually live on campus. ;)

Oh yeah, I hope we beat the snot out of you!

Niner National

Unread post by Niner National » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:10 pm

asu66 wrote:
moonshine wrote:App has to be able to knock down some outside shots and keep the 49ers off the glass to stay in this game.
We had one of our best shooting nights this season on Monday night in Atlanta; and still lost to a mediocre Tech team by 13. Charlotte played its best game of the season last night in beating C of C 90-85 in OT.
That definitely wasn't our best game of the season. Wins against PSU, South Carolina, and a 3 point loss to Miami were definitely our best games of the season. Miami, despite the loss, was probably the best I've seen us play since the Michigan game last year.

We've been playing pretty poorly since that Miami game.

I don't know much of anything about App this season, but if you guys are having 3 point shooting woes at all, we'll probably fix that for you. Our 3 point defense is atrocious.

We absolutely have the advantage inside, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if it is a close game. We don't look very good.

appfanjj

Unread post by appfanjj » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:37 pm

Upper deck tickets are 10 In the app section and can he bought at the game. Plenty available.

Niner National

Unread post by Niner National » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:18 pm

appfanjj wrote:Upper deck tickets are 10 In the app section and can he bought at the game. Plenty available.
The visiting fan seats are pretty crappy, but they do not monitor where you sit in the upper level, so you should be able to slide around into better seats. The upper level certainly won't be anywhere close to full. They made lower level season tickets a lot more affordable this year, so a lot of people that previously had upper level season tickets around half court have moved to the lower level, freeing up some great seats up above.

BTK2000

Unread post by BTK2000 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:56 pm

You mean people are not packing the house to see the greatness that is UNC-C basketball? I thought that established local programs like that would have the full support of the the major media market that surrounds them.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:44 pm

BTK2000 wrote:You mean people are not packing the house to see the greatness that is UNC-C basketball? I thought that established local programs like that would have the full support of the the major media market that surrounds them.
We got absolutely no place to make any cracks about basketball attendance.

Yosef
Site Admin

Unread post by Yosef » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:59 pm

hapapp wrote:
BTK2000 wrote:You mean people are not packing the house to see the greatness that is UNC-C basketball? I thought that established local programs like that would have the full support of the the major media market that surrounds them.
We got absolutely no place to make any cracks about basketball attendance.
Yep.

diehardapp18

Unread post by diehardapp18 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:54 am

Nugget49 wrote:
asu66 wrote:Charlotte played its best game of the season last night in beating C of C 90-85 in OT.
I do not know how many Charlotte games you have the opportunity to watch but the CofC game was one of the worst games we have played this season. Our best game was the one basket loss to Miami (#17) where they hit 14 3-pointers at a 61% clip to beat us. We outplayed them in every other category. We have also beaten Penn State and South Carolina this season. Both were much better games than our weak effort last night. CofC hit 16 3-pointers (61.5%) and generally outplayed us up until the end of the game. The hint to App is shoot from behind the line early and often. We do not have a clue how to defend against that. It was the same thing Davidson did to us so Fox should know what to do.

Students are gone so Halton will be quiet and not particularly full. Unless you have a parking pass you will be in the West Deck, # 44 on the map linked below. Halton is #46 next to it.
http://facilities.uncc.edu/sites/facili ... p_2014.pdf

If you have been listening to a certain poster here you are going to be confused when you do not see a couple of concrete buildings in the middle of nowhere, next to a bus stop. Don't worry. Follow the map and you will be fine. We really do have an actual campus. Just don't get lost in all of the dorms, where actual students actually live on campus. ;)

Oh yeah, I hope we beat the snot out of you!
wow dude sounds like you have a final 4 caliber team on your hands

appvette

Unread post by appvette » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:50 am

I'll be there with one friend.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”