Darcie & crew gone

APPARJ
School: Appalachian State

Darcie & crew gone

Unread post by APPARJ » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:15 pm

Just got a phone call about this. Very shocking if true and I trust my source.

Anyone else hearing this?
Image ImageImage
ImageImage

bigCasu

Re: Darcie & crew gone

Unread post by bigCasu » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:22 pm

Sadly, this has been in the works for some time now. What is to come will not be pretty.

Dmanuhone

Unread post by Dmanuhone » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:40 pm

Someone on APPFAN commented on this last week. Just the one comment, something along the line that Heustess fired her.
Victory Yosef visited the Virgin Islands, now they are just called the Islands

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:45 pm

Yep. Not a lot known, which means this is going to be very bad.

IGgreer

Unread post by IGgreer » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:50 pm

Did Heustess at least offer up a mustache ride?

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:58 pm

T-Dog wrote:Yep. Not a lot known, which means this is going to be very bad.
The athletic department web site still has Darcie and her staff very much in place, but this talk has been around for two weeks or more. Exactly what's up, anyway? Out with it and get on with the WBB season.

Pre-season practice for our players begins in four weeks. It takes time to hire an interim head coach and a staff of assistants. Get with it already, App State.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

moehler

Unread post by moehler » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:02 pm

you guys are driving me nuts, if you got something to say....say it!! What's going on with the women's basketball program?

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:36 am

asu66 wrote:
T-Dog wrote:Yep. Not a lot known, which means this is going to be very bad.
The athletic department web site still has Darcie and her staff very much in place, but this talk has been around for two weeks or more. Exactly what's up, anyway? Out with it and get on with the WBB season.

Pre-season practice for our players begins in four weeks. It takes time to hire an interim head coach and a staff of assistants. Get with it already, App State.
Been on this for a while but haven't said anything because the stories are all over the place. Problem is things got caught up in the Cobb situation and we're hanging right now. No two stories are the same. The only thing in the open is as Dmanuhone said but we're talking a contract head coach. She can resign anytime but any firing would have to come through the AD.

But 66' is right. We're nearing the point of no return or already past it. No AD and having an interim AD make a hire like this will hamstring the next AD. No win situation. This is a real Charlie Fox and if we don't do something real soon we're going to be entering our first season in the Belt with ???? staff and who knows how many players and recruits for next season.

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:27 am

Dmanuhone wrote:Someone on APPFAN commented on this last week. Just the one comment, something along the line that Heustess fired her.
I'm on the ignorant side. Who or what is Heustess?

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:40 am

BUTCH1991 wrote:
Dmanuhone wrote:Someone on APPFAN commented on this last week. Just the one comment, something along the line that Heustess fired her.
Heustess Conway, on the series "Mountain Men" :P

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:52 am

BUTCH1991 wrote:
Troy Heustess-Associate Athletics Director/Facilities (this is the way the job is now listed in the Directory. Fancy way of saying Facilities Director)

APPARJ

Unread post by APPARJ » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:25 am

firemoose wrote:
BUTCH1991 wrote:
Troy Heustess-Associate Athletics Director/Facilities (this is the way the job is now listed in the Directory. Fancy way of saying Facilities Director)
Yep and our facilities director does not have the power to fire a head coach. That would be crazy.
Image ImageImage
ImageImage

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:10 am

APPARJ wrote:
firemoose wrote:
BUTCH1991 wrote:
Yep and our facilities director does not have the power to fire a head coach. That would be crazy.
All I have heard is that Troy had to fire her because the rest of the AD staff was in Ann Arbor. IF that is true then something very big happened. What that may be is anybody's guess at this point.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

IGgreer

Unread post by IGgreer » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:39 am

Wish some of the fanboys would feed us a nugget as to what is going on instead of just acting like they know.

Immediate action on a female woman's bball coach to me screams inappropriate relations with a player or coach. Harsh accusations, but if it something else just tell us.

APPARJ

Unread post by APPARJ » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:41 am

IGgreer wrote:Wish some of the fanboys would feed us a nugget as to what is going on instead of just acting like they know.

Immediate action on a female woman's bball coach to me screams inappropriate relations with a player or coach. Harsh accusations, but if it something else just tell us.
Awwwww... The angry troll wants insider info. Maybe if you act more smug we'll throw you a bone.
Image ImageImage
ImageImage

IGgreer

Unread post by IGgreer » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:46 am

APPARJ wrote:
IGgreer wrote:Wish some of the fanboys would feed us a nugget as to what is going on instead of just acting like they know.

Awwwww... The angry troll wants insider info. Maybe if you act more smug we'll throw you a bone.

Hat in hand...if there is going to be some kind of wild sex scandal at my alma mater I would appreciate a heads up.

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:13 pm

IGgreer wrote:
APPARJ wrote:

Hat in hand...if there is going to be some kind of wild sex scandal at my alma mater I would appreciate a heads up.
Perhaps you need a new avatar first. I don't have any insider info, just trying to help you out.
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

APPARJ

Unread post by APPARJ » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:21 pm

IGgreer wrote:
APPARJ wrote:

I've heard absolutely nothing about any type of sex scandal.
Image ImageImage
ImageImage

IGgreer

Unread post by IGgreer » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:26 pm

verbal abuse of players?

Rick0714

Unread post by Rick0714 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:38 pm

I have no insider info either. I have heard rumblings for a couple of years, but it was ALL just rumor. Darcie has been very successful and I know she pushes her players HARD and she is quite ... ummmm ... tough on them. If you've ever seen a practice (or heard one), you know what I mean. I had heard some complaints about being too rough, but they were from a former player who was not a coach's favorite, so I just wrote it off as rumor and sour grapes. For all I know, that's exactly what it is. If they really have been canned, then something had to happen that was quite severe. I haven't even heard that they have been, in fact, let go, but I was told Saturday that there was a "big mess right now that has to be taken care of". I asked a friend with the U when we would know more about our next AD or candidates and that was the answer he gave, though he didn't reference which sport, or even which department, it referred to. I would think we would know something in the next 24-48 hours if its true.

FWIW, I saw some members of the WBB team Saturday at The Rock (sports bar), and no one seemed upset about anything, except for the football score. :roll:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”