Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

NIL college tourney. Winners split 1 mil.

appdaze

NIL college tourney. Winners split 1 mil.

Unread post by appdaze » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:54 am

So now we will get money ties to winning games. I'm sure this will eliminate any and all cheating keeping intact college integrity.

fjblair

Re: NIL college tourney. Winners split 1 mil.

Unread post by fjblair » Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:22 am

Disgusting.

appfanjj
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by appfanjj » Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:09 pm

The schools that don’t need the money will be the ones who play in it.
Professional basketball at its finest.

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:35 pm

I have no issues with kids that play in the game wining some money in this type of tournament. I don't think it should extend to official NCAA stuff, but for an off season or early season tournament, I have no issue.

KentHogan

Unread post by KentHogan » Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:45 pm

We’re all watching money destroy college sports, and it’s happening quickly.

I know some will call me dramatic and disagree, but that’s my opinion.

I can only hope that fans eventually reject all of this craziness at some point.

Go App!

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:47 pm

Some could argue that money has been destroying college sports for a long, long time. The only difference is that now some of the players are actually getting some of the money. The system is broken, there is not much disagreement about that. The really disagreement comes in how to fix it

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:22 am

No need for alums to pay for scholarships…

Bigdaddyg1

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:33 am

At least in the NFL there is a cap, structure and public knowledge of where the money goes. How much is not enough in college? Does an 18-23 year old playing college football really need 6 figures? How much effort are these guys putting into the academic side? A majority of these young people have never had this kind of disposable income and now they are turned loose on a college campus with wads of cash. Yeah that is a great idea.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:52 am

Bigdaddyg1 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:33 am
At least in the NFL there is a cap, structure and public knowledge of where the money goes. How much is not enough in college? Does an 18-23 year old playing college football really need 6 figures? How much effort are these guys putting into the academic side? A majority of these young people have never had this kind of disposable income and now they are turned loose on a college campus with wads of cash. Yeah that is a great idea.
Yes, some of them do need that much as that is what they are worth to the school in our capitalistic economy. They are putting in as much effort academically as they always have at every school. You think these are the first rich kids to step onto a college campus? I went to school with sons and daughters of millionaires who spent whatever the wanted.

Bigdaddyg1

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:01 am

appdaze wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:52 am
Bigdaddyg1 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:33 am
Yes, some of them do need that much as that is what they are worth to the school in our capitalistic economy. They are putting in as much effort academically as they always have at every school. You think these are the first rich kids to step onto a college campus? I went to school with sons and daughters of millionaires who spent whatever the wanted.
I'll give you that last part but the one statement I question is- that is what they are worth to the school. Is that really the case except for the big boys who rake in the TV and winnings from championships? It's been noted that at the mid level schools many barely make any net profit from sports. The school isn't paying these players businesses and collectives are. That is who they play for as far as payback. Ultimately it goes to gambling and perks. Followers of big time football programs could not care less if the school gets money for a new science lab.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:49 pm

The money they “ make for the school “ , for the most part goes into the athletic facilities and programs from which they directly benefit . That’s how I understand it anyway. Our program doesn’t break even without student fees telling me we operate at a revenue deficit . I believe many others are in the same position.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”