Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Donovan Gregory

Rekdiver
School: Appalachian State

Donovan Gregory

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:10 pm

We owe so much to this young man. His commitment built this team.

APPChad90

Re: Donovan Gregory

Unread post by APPChad90 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:01 pm

Couldn’t agree more. Mt. Rushmore if not Goat of Appalachian basketball for all his contributions and how he gone about them.

appfanjj

Unread post by appfanjj » Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:42 pm

Great player, leader, and a class young man.
We’ll miss him.

704App

Unread post by 704App » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:15 pm

I met Donovan one time after a game when my son wanted to take a picture. He was hanging out with classmates, saw my son standing there waiting, and left his friends to get down on one knee, give my son a high five, thank him for coming, had about a 5 minute conversation with him about basketball, chased a ball down from the equipment manager and showed him some things to work on, and then chased down a sharpie to sign my son's shirt. All unprompted. Simply because he wanted to.

The kid is as classy as it gets and we will miss him! I've heard he's actually getting some looks for NBA but I don't see it -- just because he's not quick enough for an NBA guard and not big enough for a post. If he continues improving his 3 pt shot, maybe. I think he could have a great career overseas though.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:31 pm

704App wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:15 pm
I met Donovan one time after a game when my son wanted to take a picture. He was hanging out with classmates, saw my son standing there waiting, and left his friends to get down on one knee, give my son a high five, thank him for coming, had about a 5 minute conversation with him about basketball, chased a ball down from the equipment manager and showed him some things to work on, and then chased down a sharpie to sign my son's shirt. All unprompted. Simply because he wanted to.

The kid is as classy as it gets and we will miss him! I've heard he's actually getting some looks for NBA but I don't see it -- just because he's not quick enough for an NBA guard and not big enough for a post. If he continues improving his 3 pt shot, maybe. I think he could have a great career overseas though.
Dustin talks about the quality of our kids and it’s real. Don is the leader and sets the tone. I’ve seen other players do the same with the youngsters , and the oldsters. I don’t know how common it is across college athletics but I love our team’s relationship with each other and their supporters.

app97

Unread post by app97 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:02 am

Stonewall wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:31 pm
704App wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:15 pm

Dustin talks about the quality of our kids and it’s real. Don is the leader and sets the tone. I’ve seen other players do the same with the youngsters , and the oldsters. I don’t know how common it is across college athletics but I love our team’s relationship with each other and their supporters.
I agree. I noticed this as soon as this staff stepped onto campus. You could just tell that they had a unity/camaraderie that I've never seen with any other staff at App. This is infectious and carries over to the players.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:38 am

Many feel that Fox’s sole contribution to App was bringing us out of APR hell, but I’d say bringing Gregory to App was a huge accomplishment that can be added to his resume.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”