Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

And once again

Stonewall
School: Appalachian State

Re: And once again

Unread post by Stonewall » Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:03 pm

Trustees pushed the Gillin extension and have been/are doing the same with Coach Kerns . And yes the IPF is an issue of major concern at that level. Stay tuned.

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:12 pm

appgrad95&97 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:18 pm
In my opinion, no athletics department should be allowed to just take on debt without showing a real plan for servicing that debt.
Seriously? I mean, if the Federal government can do it...why can't Appalachian State? :lol:

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:08 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:31 pm
appgrad95&97 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:32 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:21 pm
appgrad95&97 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:47 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:54 pm

Didn’t you start this thread by making an unsubstantiated statement that our AD was looking for another job without any indication that it was factual?
I did. And when asked for evidence (why I think he is, I provided it). I don't blame him one bit for capitalizing on the success of our program. I have simply said, and believe, that keeping Kerns should be our top priority. I don't talk about inside information, I have absolutely ZERO inside information. But I read what is out there. Some of it seems reasonable, some of it seems ridiculous. But that Doug is linked to the open Missouri job has credibility to me. How is it wrong to point that out?
The evidence that you provided was an opinion piece that clearly states that this is not an official list and that it is speculation based on connections to Mizzou.You didn’t state that you think he is. You took that article and made a statement that Doug was actively looking. Whether he is or not is not the question. The issue is the level of credence that you put into an article written as filler, with no formal basis of actual truth. Yet, when it comes to folks here that know what’s going on with App, you completely assume that it’s false because you can’t see it. You have zero proof that he is looking or is interested in the Mizzou job. When challenged, you respond with a how do you know he isn’t. The fact that you found this to be credible tells me all that I need to know about you. Bless your heart.

Yes Doug worked at Mizzou. And yes Drinkwitz came from App. But that relationship isn’t what the author thinks it is.
No one will ever know who is on the actual Missouri list or if Doug wants to be. You KNOW that. I think he is sniffing around again. Just like after 2019. And I am sorry for bringing it up. I am sorry for expressing a concern. Now you need to apologize for being on the East side "funding secured" bandwagon.
Thank you for proving my point. You started off by saying he was looking around. Then you provided a link to an op Ed that you found credible. And now you are saying that we won’t know who is on the list. Well which is it?

The East side funding is secured. I explained it to you, as it was explained to me, along with what was holding up the process. It will be paid for without bonds. You don’t have to believe me. I don’t care.

I’m not looking for an apology. You weren’t stating a concern. You made an accusation that Doug was looking for a job and that he wasn’t focused on locking down Kerns. It is quite clear that you don’t know jack. Again. Bless your heart. I’m done with you. GTFOH troll.
Show any proof of this. Any at all. Show you know anything. Show. Anything. Any proof at all.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:26 pm

They are soliciting for seat packages and minimum donation requirements for those seats (suites, etc) to help pay for the east side expansion. Unsure what percent are committed at this point.

Using terms like “fully funded” and “secured” are misleading to some (including myself), but people are allowed to see the funding process differently.

It will happen and unfortunately it will be more considerably more expensive today than three years ago. Anyone that has dealt with major capital projects lately will tell you the cost of concrete, steel, etc are much higher.

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:32 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:26 pm
They are soliciting for seat packages and minimum donation requirements for those seats (suites, etc) to help pay for the east side expansion. Unsure what percent are committed at this point.

Using terms like “fully funded” and “secured” are misleading to some (including myself), but people are allowed to see the funding process differently.

It will happen and unfortunately it will be more considerably more expensive today than three years ago. Anyone that has dealt with major capital projects lately will tell you the cost of concrete, steel, etc are much higher.
Saint, all of that is true. They are working on getting commitments for the project. I never said it wasn't going to happen. Now 18 or so months ago I said the funding wasn't secure. They are working on it. Now they have to work on the IPF. We'll see what happens first.

I truly appreciate your dealing in facts. And being clear when you are giving an opinion.

704App

Unread post by 704App » Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:11 pm

appgrad95&97 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:32 pm
Saint3333 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:26 pm

Saint, all of that is true. They are working on getting commitments for the project. I never said it wasn't going to happen. Now 18 or so months ago I said the funding wasn't secure. They are working on it. Now they have to work on the IPF. We'll see what happens first.

I truly appreciate your dealing in facts. And being clear when you are giving an opinion.
Playing your card here 95 -- show me proof anywhere and I'll believe you. You can't play that card and then play victim simply because you refuse to believe it.

If you don't want to believe it, cool. But, don't gaslight people because you refuse to believe something. And they require evidence while you can't produce any. How does that make any sense?

You're running off the belief it's not true because there hasn't been an announcement. There also wasn't an announcement for Holmes for nearly a decade, but it happened. Raley was 20+ years in the making without announcements but it happened. Just because there isn't an announcement doesn't mean things aren't happening behind the scenes. Like somebody said (Stonewall, maybe?), there are some important people in Raleigh with App ties and 2025 is looking really good for us (but, it's not a surprise to folks involved).

My understanding is they are selling seats/boxes to drum up interest and gauge pricing levels -- not raise capital.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:39 pm

App State has a great business program and I would recommend it to those that don’t understand finance.

AppySprayberry

Unread post by AppySprayberry » Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:29 am

appgrad95&97 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
appgrad95&97 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
appgrad95&97 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:18 pm
For the last time: you should not believe people who say "funding secured" because they have inside information. In my opinion, no athletics department should be allowed to just take on debt without showing a real plan for servicing that debt. It was irresponsible to say that funding was secured on the East side when there was no indication in the public record that was true. 105 is over budget, the IPF doesn't seem to have the private support (yet) and the East side was a painting not a plan.
Didn’t you start this thread by making an unsubstantiated statement that our AD was looking for another job without any indication that it was factual?
I did. And when asked for evidence (why I think he is, I provided it). I don't blame him one bit for capitalizing on the success of our program. I have simply said, and believe, that keeping Kerns should be our top priority. I don't talk about inside information, I have absolutely ZERO inside information. But I read what is out there. Some of it seems reasonable, some of it seems ridiculous. But that Doug is linked to the open Missouri job has credibility to me. How is it wrong to point that out?
The evidence that you provided was an opinion piece that clearly states that this is not an official list and that it is speculation based on connections to Mizzou.You didn’t state that you think he is. You took that article and made a statement that Doug was actively looking. Whether he is or not is not the question. The issue is the level of credence that you put into an article written as filler, with no formal basis of actual truth. Yet, when it comes to folks here that know what’s going on with App, you completely assume that it’s false because you can’t see it. You have zero proof that he is looking or is interested in the Mizzou job. When challenged, you respond with a how do you know he isn’t. The fact that you found this to be credible tells me all that I need to know about you. Bless your heart.

Yes Doug worked at Mizzou. And yes Drinkwitz came from App. But that relationship isn’t what the author thinks it is.
No one will ever know who is on the actual Missouri list or if Doug wants to be. You KNOW that. I think he is sniffing around again. Just like after 2019. And I am sorry for bringing it up. I am sorry for expressing a concern. Now you need to apologize for being on the East side "funding secured" bandwagon.
Actually there are tons of people who will know both of these things

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:48 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:31 pm
appgrad95&97 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
appgrad95&97 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:

Thank you for proving my point. You started off by saying he was looking around. Then you provided a link to an op Ed that you found credible. And now you are saying that we won’t know who is on the list. Well which is it?

The East side funding is secured. I explained it to you, as it was explained to me, along with what was holding up the process. It will be paid for without bonds. You don’t have to believe me. I don’t care.

I’m not looking for an apology. You weren’t stating a concern. You made an accusation that Doug was looking for a job and that he wasn’t focused on locking down Kerns. It is quite clear that you don’t know jack. Again. Bless your heart. I’m done with you. GTFOH troll.
94, this is the core of our disagreement: Given Doug's time at App and his connection to Missouri it seems reasonable to think Missouri might have interest in him. It also makes sense that coming off a good football and a GREAT basketball season that he would have interest in the open job at Missouri. To me that statement is more believable than these:

AppStateNews posted (Oct 21, 2022 6:33 pm)

"The KBS expansion has approved guaranteed funds in place. From my understanding, it's basically fully funded."

Oct 22, 2022 4:12 pm he said

"Unless you know something Gillin doesn't, or Gillin straight up lied to a group of 50ish former athletes, this is fully funded and already green lit by the BOT (and I believe UNC BOG)"

He later said (Oct 27, 2022 1:58 pm)

"Last I heard is construction won't start until next year due to where the money is coming from... Take that as you will"

Next year, would have been 2023.

BambooRdApp (Nov 07, 2022 12:58 pm said"

"East side Tower if anyone is interested... I inquired this morning

You are completely correct regarding the East Tower Club Seating section! At the moment, the construction is planned to finish for this area prior to the 2025 football season."

Which is more reasonable: there is mutual interest with Doug and Missouri OR that the East side project has secured funding and will be finish for the 2025 season.

Call me a troll all you want, but you "co-signed" some posts that don't hold up too well.

appstate24

Unread post by appstate24 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:08 am

Noooo, not this again.

GO APPS!!

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:51 am

People spending other peoples money.

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:28 am

Give it a rest.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:34 am

Please.

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:36 pm

If we didn't have the opportunity here to play "I'm right & you're wrong", what would we talk about until August?

Good thing we have the SBC tourney & App Baseball ramping up.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”