Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

MBB at Marshall, Saturday, Feb. 24, 6 p.m. ET, ESPN2, Cam Henderson Center, 3rd Avenue, Huntington, W.V., ew, blegh

AppinVA
School: Appalachian State

Re: MBB at Marshall, Saturday, Feb. 24, 6 p.m. ET, ESPN2, Cam Henderson Center, 3rd Avenue, Huntington, W.V., ew, blegh

Unread post by AppinVA » Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:07 am

Mantis is eating up minutes in the middle fours. When he goes out, our depth comes back in fresh and we usually go on the decisive run. Probably left him in a little too long on Saturday, as a turnover by him led to a quick two and indirectly to another bucket that got Marshall back in it for a little longer.

I really hope he gets hot and is the tournament MVP, but for now we need to temper our expectations, or else we show our temper.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Re: MBB at Marshall, Saturday, Feb. 24, 6 p.m. ET, ESPN2, Cam Henderson Center, 3rd Avenue, Huntington, W.V., ew, blegh

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:30 am

AppinVA wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:07 am
Mantis is eating up minutes in the middle fours. When he goes out, our depth comes back in fresh and we usually go on the decisive run. Probably left him in a little too long on Saturday, as a turnover by him led to a quick two and indirectly to another bucket that got Marshall back in it for a little longer.

I really hope he gets hot and is the tournament MVP, but for now we need to temper our expectations, or else we show our temper.
He’s good enough to get PT, he’s tall and can rebound. You never know when he’s gonna go off and you won’t find out unless you put him out there.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:34 am

I hope it’s the Monday night game in Pensacola.

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:20 am

Mantis's defense and rebounding have improved a lot since last year and over the course of this season. This year's team is so much better on offense that he doesn't need to be hot from 3 to make a meaningful contribution.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”