Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

MBB at Texas State, Wednesday, Feb. 7, 2024, 8:00 p.m. ET, ESPN+, Straham Coliseum, ¡San Marcos!, Tx., Juego de trampa

fjblair

Re: MBB at Texas State, Wednesday, Feb. 7, 2024, 8:00 p.m. ET, ESPN+, Straham Coliseum, ¡San Marcos!, Tx., Juego de tram

Unread post by fjblair » Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:03 am

ASUFan4863 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:57 pm
pop5app wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:03 am
No excuses from me. We have had a really good year. There have been glimmers of greatness in most games. BUT other than Auburn and maybe JMU we ain’t beat anyone. This game looked like most of the others, including the wins. We have been one “4 minute offensive drought” from losing many games . Each game is a struggle.Something about the offensive set stinks. I’m unsure, because I’m no basketball analyst, but we have no passing and cutting thru the lane and very few back screens down low. I think we’re probably a really good team in the 19th ranked conference.
Pretty spot on here. We are good enough to play bad and beat most of the conference. We are good enough to play up and beat a big time opponent. But no game has been "pretty". We haven't controlled the majority of a game in conference play that wasn't Coastal Carolina. I think that is due to our slower style and defensive play. Games will almost always be close until the final 5 minutes. It is a good thing against the good teams but it also keeps bad teams in the game.
We controlled the home game against JMU from the get-go.

JTApps1
School: Appalachian State

Re: MBB at Texas State, Wednesday, Feb. 7, 2024, 8:00 p.m. ET, ESPN+, Straham Coliseum, ¡San Marcos!, Tx., Juego de tram

Unread post by JTApps1 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:04 am

Apparently the team bus broke down twice in Texas which resulted in a 12 hour travel day from Boone to San Marcos. Add that to the long trip home from Ga and our lack of energy makes more sense.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:27 am

JTApps1 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:04 am
Apparently the team bus broke down twice in Texas which resulted in a 12 hour travel day from Boone to San Marcos. Add that to the long trip home from Ga and our lack of energy makes more sense.
That’s a “loser’s mentality” JT.

-sarcasm font was unavailable.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:47 am

Did we bus to/from Texas? What in the name of Laney and Drip is that?
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:00 pm

fjblair wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:03 am
ASUFan4863 wrote:
pop5app wrote:
No excuses from me. We have had a really good year. There have been glimmers of greatness in most games. BUT other than Auburn and maybe JMU we ain’t beat anyone. This game looked like most of the others, including the wins. We have been one “4 minute offensive drought” from losing many games . Each game is a struggle.Something about the offensive set stinks. I’m unsure, because I’m no basketball analyst, but we have no passing and cutting thru the lane and very few back screens down low. I think we’re probably a really good team in the 19th ranked conference.
Pretty spot on here. We are good enough to play bad and beat most of the conference. We are good enough to play up and beat a big time opponent. But no game has been "pretty". We haven't controlled the majority of a game in conference play that wasn't Coastal Carolina. I think that is due to our slower style and defensive play. Games will almost always be close until the final 5 minutes. It is a good thing against the good teams but it also keeps bad teams in the game.
I've been splitting that same hair in a few threads on here. Many of the people complaining that App hasn't "controlled" a game mean that App hasn't blown anybody out. App has definitely controlled the game against most of their conference opponents, especially the 2nd JMU game, both GA State games, and the first Southern game. But they didn't get up by 30 and coast, so it wasn't "controlled."

ASUFan4863

Unread post by ASUFan4863 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:43 pm

MrCraig wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:00 pm
fjblair wrote:
ASUFan4863 wrote:
pop5app wrote:
I've been splitting that same hair in a few threads on here. Many of the people complaining that App hasn't "controlled" a game mean that App hasn't blown anybody out. App has definitely controlled the game against most of their conference opponents, especially the 2nd JMU game, both GA State games, and the first Southern game. But they didn't get up by 30 and coast, so it wasn't "controlled."
Not complaining… we have been tied or losing under 10 minutes of play in all conference games except 4.

CCU x2, JMU at home, GA St on the road. 8 of 12 were not controlled the majority of the game. We’ve done a great job finishing games this year but I stand by my statement.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:35 pm

MrCraig wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:00 pm
fjblair wrote:
ASUFan4863 wrote:
pop5app wrote:
No one is complaining that we didn’t control every game but it is inaccurate to suggest that we breezed through all our conference games. It doesn’t diminish what this team has accomplished to date.

311neers

Unread post by 311neers » Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:21 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:59 pm
6-1 down the stretch would be great, only two road games remain. I'd say 5-2 in the most likely outcome, which would give us the double bye at worst.
Should be 26-5. Might slip a game the away game at Marshall. Late Thursday game, travel all day Friday, play Saturday.
ODU is dog crap. Marshall not much better. UL/Ark State at home.

Finish strong boys.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:17 am

311neers wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:21 pm
Saint3333 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:59 pm
6-1 down the stretch would be great, only two road games remain. I'd say 5-2 in the most likely outcome, which would give us the double bye at worst.
Should be 26-5. Might slip a game the away game at Marshall. Late Thursday game, travel all day Friday, play Saturday.
ODU is dog crap. Marshall not much better. UL/Ark State at home.

Finish strong boys.
It's all about the matchups. Given who we've lost to, nothing would be a given. Though the schedule does play in our favor. Both JMU and Troy finish with four on the road.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”