Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

MBB vs JMU, 6:00 p.m. ET, ESPN2, Saturday, Jan. 27, 2024, Holmes Center, 111 Rivers St., Boone, N.C., 28605, big crowd

McLeansvilleAppFan
School: Appalachian State

Re: MBB vs JMU, 6:00 p.m. ET, ESPN2, Saturday, Jan. 27, 2024, Holmes Center, 111 Rivers St., Boone, N.C., 28605, big cro

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:41 am

311neers wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:45 am
MrCraig wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:16 am
appgrad95&97 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:32 pm
MrCraig wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:58 pm
BambooRdApp wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:43 pm

Yep, that is a catastrophe waiting to happen. Our ticket office does an outstanding job given the shoe-string budget they have. To have them manage this process "real time"...which is what it is ..will not be managed well...and, no, it cannot be managed effectively only electronically. Some season ticket holders will forget to "check in" ...so they show up...you tell them...snooze, you loose...so a few students can have those seats for one game. That is a great way to lose a season ticket holder.
Currently, at Holmes, there have only been two times this came into play this year..JMU and potentially Auburn...For all other games, the arena is 2/3rds or more empty...and it seems the students would want to be around other students..that is part of the fun for them.
You guys are right. I have seen the error of my ways. When I am able to buy a professional sports franchise, or am named president of ticket operations at Appalachian State, I will NOT allow unused season tickets to be used by people at a discount in order to have more fans closer to the action.
In fairness, I think I get where you were coming from. We just (maybe) disagree about the problem. I think the problem is that not enough fans show up to support the team. Not counting Auburn and JMU, have we had 4k at a game? I don't care where people sit, and honestly I don't really care what it looks like on ESPN+. I wish more people showed up to watch and support a generationaly good App basketball team.
I completely agree. Also, I was speaking more generally. I understand that most App season ticket holders are normal folks who aren't necessarily "rich-rich." I was thinking more about pro baseball and basketball stadiums where there are always 50-100 seats behind the bench/home plate because some private equity firm didn't use their tickets that night. Let a regular fan experience that luxury every now and then!

When I win the Powerball and buy a minor league baseball team, I'm hiring you and BambooRd to help me with this stuff.
I believe the Knights and the Real Estate are for sell. $100M. Please buy, so Tepper doesn’t.
Hopefully Charlotte gets around to completing the Amtrak station downtown in a few years. When that happens it will be a one block walk from the trains to baseball. That could be a valuable baseball field. I have heard distant rumors that another Piedmont train could be in the works in a year or so and it might be a late evening run where one could leave Charlotte after summer baseball and ride back to other cities and collect other baseball spectators heading to Raleigh. That could work for Kannapolis, High Point, Greensboro, and Durham. Some summer events not tied to baseball could be booked at the Knights stadium.

I assume the real estate in Charlotte downtown is such that that land is not needed for an office tower. That would change the dynamics of course for Charlotte.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”