Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

App MBB vs Coastal, Saturday, Jan. 20, 4:30 p.m. ET, year two thousand and twenty four, Cure Bowl celebration game, cold

appvette
School: Appalachian State

Re: App MBB vs Coastal, Saturday, Jan. 20, 4:30 p.m. ET, year two thousand and twenty four, Cure Bowl celebration game,

Unread post by appvette » Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:10 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:22 pm
dtrain4prez wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:58 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:51 pm
BambooRdApp wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:04 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:49 pm

I had football in mind as well but I know we sellout so we can bump up prices. I saw most tickets are just 15 bucks. I have not been to a game this year. When it comes to basketball how much are say 3 tickets including fees, parking, and a drink and food for a family of 3 or 4?
So, you have football in mind to improve attendance....like we need that....or your commenting on bball and have not been to a game and no idea of the actual price. .okay
I know that you can get tickets for 15 bucks to basketball games but I am asking you how much it costs you to park, buy food, and everything this year? I don't care if tickets are 15 bucks I just don't think we should be charging a convenience fee at all. Regardless of the cost, the fact they would charge a convenience fee, no matter how small or large, is just dumb and will deter some people. With inflation and gas every dollar counts and we should be making it as easy as possible to go to any games.

One reason I was thinking football and including it is that I am getting tired of hearing about NIL on 247 and even here when we are told we need more money in that area but they are nickel and diming us in other sports and football.

It's not illogical at all. Why would I pay a $10 fee for purchasing my tickets online vs. at the box office? It makes no sense.
It is if that is reason for not going to the game at all. Pay st the door. I could care less if one pays online or at door ..a convenience fee is not the deterrent for attending or not attending....if that is the reason..as I stated above...one was not really planning to go to the game at all
I hope you don't own or run a business. You don't ignore things that disappoint your customers because that single factor alone might not run off your die hard customers.

BambooRdApp

Re: App MBB vs Coastal, Saturday, Jan. 20, 4:30 p.m. ET, year two thousand and twenty four, Cure Bowl celebration game,

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:11 pm

appvette wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:10 pm
BambooRdApp wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:22 pm
dtrain4prez wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:58 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:51 pm
BambooRdApp wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:04 pm

So, you have football in mind to improve attendance....like we need that....or your commenting on bball and have not been to a game and no idea of the actual price. .okay
I know that you can get tickets for 15 bucks to basketball games but I am asking you how much it costs you to park, buy food, and everything this year? I don't care if tickets are 15 bucks I just don't think we should be charging a convenience fee at all. Regardless of the cost, the fact they would charge a convenience fee, no matter how small or large, is just dumb and will deter some people. With inflation and gas every dollar counts and we should be making it as easy as possible to go to any games.

One reason I was thinking football and including it is that I am getting tired of hearing about NIL on 247 and even here when we are told we need more money in that area but they are nickel and diming us in other sports and football.

It's not illogical at all. Why would I pay a $10 fee for purchasing my tickets online vs. at the box office? It makes no sense.
It is if that is reason for not going to the game at all. Pay st the door. I could care less if one pays online or at door ..a convenience fee is not the deterrent for attending or not attending....if that is the reason..as I stated above...one was not really planning to go to the game at all
I hope you don't own or run a business. You don't ignore things that disappoint your customers because that single factor alone might not run off your die hard customers.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
You are being charged a "convenience fee" every time you go to HT, Target, Walmart whether you pay cash or credit card ..it is built into the price of the good. They seem to be doing okay.
At least with App St tickets you can avoid the "convenience fee" by paying cash at the door.
Last edited by BambooRdApp on Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:12 pm

spacemonkey wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:59 pm
McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:24 am
I was checking out the Sanford Mall webcam and not one person is slack-lining.
Are any hackies being sacked???
Hacks were not sacked today it would seem except on the Chants and before that on the Women Eagles.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:13 pm

Alone at the top. Things get tougher this week. Go. Fight. Win Apps!

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:14 pm

AppDub wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:31 pm
Random fact of the day?
Nothing is ever random when it comes to App State.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

ViewCrew87

Unread post by ViewCrew87 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:22 pm

88-59 App! Red-ass delivered!

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:29 pm

I guess it’s burnt chicken for dinner tonight!
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:33 pm

Two wins over Beach Chickens in convincing manner ..well done
#99ForPresident!!

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:47 pm

Troy lost ..who has sole possession of 1st place. App. St.!!
#99ForPresident!!

AppDub

Unread post by AppDub » Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:47 pm

Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:14 pm
AppDub wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:31 pm
Random fact of the day?
Nothing is ever random when it comes to App State.
Fair point.

appfanjj

Unread post by appfanjj » Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:03 pm

311neers wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:11 pm
The UNC Health blue digital banner at the scores table is ugly as sin. We should have no baby blue on the TV or in the arena.
That nastiness is all over KBS too.
Guess we don’t mind taking their money.

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:27 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:30 pm
Stonewall wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:51 pm
It could be moved inside now.
Someone listened….
That's good for a one off, but we still need to enclose the patios.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:41 pm

Another strong showing tonight...the Chickens seem to be self-destructing. After the puppet show we saw from MBB last year, who would've thought App would be in 1st place right now? Hats off to Kerns, his staff and (above all) the players!

On another note, event parking was clearly given little consideration when Holmes was designed. The parking deck should help; it's just a shame it's taken so long for it to be built.

App_in_Maiden

Unread post by App_in_Maiden » Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:16 pm

We are officially a basketball school!
“I don’t like talking to people I know, but strangers I have no problem with.” -Larry David

9Steelman

Unread post by 9Steelman » Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:29 pm

This team is fun to watch. They love basketball and they love playing the game with each other. You can tell the team is more important than any one player. Congrats to the players and coaches. Hope we finish strong and bring on the fans and students for the remaining home games.
Last edited by 9Steelman on Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:31 pm

I would like to see HCC undergo a complete renovation, to include some of the improvements mentioned here. I’m not willing to write the check however so I’ll be content to buy season tickets, enjoy the games and celebrate the success of the program.

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:33 pm

That is where i am with college sports. I will buy season tickets. I will buy concessions. I will join Yosef for the parking spot, but it is getting nuts. Whatever happens...happens. I am going to enjoy App with 100 people or 8000 people. I do believe people are missing out on their own program as they search out other college teams. We have a great product in football and basketball and baseball. There is no reason for our alumni not to search out AppSports before they search for any other college team to watch.

CoachRob

Unread post by CoachRob » Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:10 am

Watched the game on ESPN+. Can't remember last time I saw a conference game with the walk-ons in there. I love watching Gregory play. Such a complete basketball player.

Hope to be up for 1 home game if not 2. Just super difficult to commit the family for the trip more than once a month. Maybe if Boone was within an hour drive we,( or at least I), would be up there multiple Saturdays a Month. I feel this is the struggle with many Alumni.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:09 am

CoachRob wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:10 am
Watched the game on ESPN+. Can't remember last time I saw a conference game with the walk-ons in there. I love watching Gregory play. Such a complete basketball player.

Hope to be up for 1 home game if not 2. Just super difficult to commit the family for the trip more than once a month. Maybe if Boone was within an hour drive we,( or at least I), would be up there multiple Saturdays a Month. I feel this is the struggle with many Alumni.
Absolutely no better game than next weekend VS JMU. 6pm tip.

My wife and I are coming up to ski Saturday morning, go to the game, ski Sunday morning then drive back to Greenville, SC.

JMU at home won’t count as a quad 1 (top 30 at home) by season’s end but if we pull it out again it’d be a really nice quad 2 win and it sure would be sweet to dunk on those punks again.

While some of us here are complaining about prices (not you specifically CoachRob), sheewwwwww App Ski Mountain has gotten expensive. I got spoiled by working there 3 seasons and never paying. Lawd it’s steep.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”