Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

SBC Tournament - MBB vs South Alabama

bigdaddyg
School: Appalachian State

Re: SBC Tournament - MBB vs South Alabama

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:16 am

appdaze wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:56 am
At this point you can't really think of college bball in four year time frames. It's down to two. You have two years with an athlete before they transfer for pt, declare/,go pro, get lured by any nil, or don't pan it and get relegated to the bench as you bring in new recruits and transfers. So to me, every two years is a rebuild now. This goes for everyone top to bottom, not just mid majors.
You are probably right. For Kerns he had to rebuild the roster after the 5-6 year dudes finally had no more PT. Those Covid years are about to be done everywhere. We lost all of those guys during the year and who knows which of the others will hang around. He might have to "rebuild " again this offseason.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:44 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:41 am
Is there even such a thing as a "rebuilding year" anymore? To me that would mean you bring in 4-6 recruits, they either play a little, redshirt or sit. Then as sophomores they either crack the lineup or play big minutes off the bench. You hope that the veteran guys have stayed and the team develops. In reality you hope the good young guys don't get a big head and look to immediately transfer to a better deal where they expect immediate playing time. If your program is solid and your coach somehow brought in 3-4 studs those guys probably vamoose and coach has to reload from the portal. Wash, rinse and repeat. No rebuild except in terms of one year at a time.
That's the size of it .One year at a time and oh yeah ,USM,lAlA and MU are paying out big bucks in NIL .Look at the top of the standings ...

AppSt12

Unread post by AppSt12 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:49 pm

Guys...this is normal for us. Dont think we are something we arnt just because we won 1 sun belt tournament during the covid year with no fans.

Dont let this distract you from how shawn clark has devestated our program into the ground.

scatman77

Unread post by scatman77 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:10 pm

AppSt12 wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:49 pm
Guys...this is normal for us. Dont think we are something we arnt just because we won 1 sun belt tournament during the covid year with no fans.

Dont let this distract you from how shawn clark has devestated our program into the ground.
I need you to very precisely, accurately, and with full research disclosure explain that last statement. I also would like to know your intel as to how you came to that conclusion.
We don't slide at Appalachian State. It's a sign of weakness.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:59 pm

scatman77 wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:10 pm
AppSt12 wrote:

I need you to very precisely, accurately, and with full research disclosure explain that last statement. I also would like to know your intel as to how you came to that conclusion.
They don't have any Intel. Simply a troll.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:33 pm

AppSt12 wrote:

Or, hear me out, have the capacity to have more than one subject you’re able to discuss.

AppSt12

Unread post by AppSt12 » Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:34 am

scatman77 wrote:
AppSt12 wrote:

Shawn Clark was given the keys to the cadillac. His first 3 seasons he was given teams loaded with experience...and he went 4-12 vs teams that we were +/- 5pts favorite/underdog. Lost our first bowl game in a slaughter, 0 fer in the conference title department, failed to make a bowl in 2022 and hasnt recruited anyone....next year will be clarks recruits as everyone else has graduated...and we got nothing.

Did beat Texas A&M and coached a GREAT game vs Coastal in 2021....outside of that....pathetic.

Where on Earth have you been. I dont have any inside intel? You dont need inside intel...just look at the results.

Good lord dude. Are you even a fan? Do you have dementia? This isnt revolutionary stuff....this is just what shawn clark has done. Everyone knows this. I was just saying dont get torn up over basketball. We are doing how we do...football however....lord help us.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:45 pm

Whelp I guess that answers my statement.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:04 pm

FWIW, No. 8 South Alabama just walloped No. 1 Southern Miss 78-61 to advance to the semis.

The Sun Belt regular season champion is now 0-3 in the conference tourney since it moved to Pensacola.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:11 pm

T-Dog wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:04 pm
FWIW, No. 8 South Alabama just walloped No. 1 Southern Miss 78-61 to advance to the semis.

The Sun Belt regular season champion is now 0-3 in the conference tourney since it moved to Pensacola.
Actually a closer game than their regular season match up.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:13 pm

AppSt12 wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:34 am
scatman77 wrote:
AppSt12 wrote:

Shawn Clark was given the keys to the cadillac.

hasnt recruited anyone....next year will be clarks recruits as everyone else has graduated...and we got nothing.
Clark was given the keys to a Cadillac with a pretty paint job but a failing engine. So, yes, while it's easy to see the pretty paint job, that's not what runs the Cadillac. It's the internal pieces that need a tune up and it's happening. Just needed the money to make it happen and he's getting more of it (still not enough, but enough for now).

Hasn't recruiting anyone? The top 6 highest rated recruits ever in program history have come from his recruiting. And all but one took a redshirt year to help balance the classes. It's almost there and we'll start seeing the talent this upcoming season. We have more individual talent than we've ever had.
tAPPedInSports.net

scatman77

Unread post by scatman77 » Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:56 pm

AppSt12 wrote:
scatman77 wrote:
AppSt12 wrote:

Shawn Clark was given the keys to the cadillac. His first 3 seasons he was given teams loaded with experience...and he went 4-12 vs teams that we were +/- 5pts favorite/underdog. Lost our first bowl game in a slaughter, 0 fer in the conference title department, failed to make a bowl in 2022 and hasnt recruited anyone....next year will be clarks recruits as everyone else has graduated...and we got nothing.

Did beat Texas A&M and coached a GREAT game vs Coastal in 2021....outside of that....pathetic.

Where on Earth have you been. I dont have any inside intel? You dont need inside intel...just look at the results.

Good lord dude. Are you even a fan? Do you have dementia? This isnt revolutionary stuff....this is just what shawn clark has done. Everyone knows this. I was just saying dont get torn up over basketball. We are doing how we do...football however....lord help us.
1) "Are you even a fan?" Yes, stood on the sidelines 1973-1978 and 81-82 as a student trainer. YC member, AFAA member, and unlike you I will not criticize our staff or players and especially not on a public forum. I'm not qualified to even question a college coach and his decisions/philosophy.
2) "Do you have dementia?" Bad question and in poor taste; I've had family members with that dreaded ailment. Not funny.
3) The bowl game loss: did you watch it or was there? The opposing QB had a Super Bowl Tom Brady day.
4) "...and hasn't recruited anyone." I suggest you check out appstatesports.com and look at the recruits and portal transfers.
5) Lastly if you're not for us you're against us.
We don't slide at Appalachian State. It's a sign of weakness.

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:55 pm

AppSt12 wrote:
scatman77 wrote:
AppSt12 wrote:

What if 12 is right? All his points are valid .

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:27 pm

USA looked pretty good against number 1 and we were right there with them.Semis will be interesting today .

pop5app

Unread post by pop5app » Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:14 pm

mountaineerman wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:55 pm
AppSt12 wrote:
scatman77 wrote:
AppSt12 wrote:

Great point! What if he’s right? He might have been a tad harsh in some aspects but he didn’t state anything that wasn’t pretty much true. I would not go as far to say he’s driven the program into the ground. But everything is not rainbows and butterflies either. The good news is the season will come and go and we will see!

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:23 pm

pop5app wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:14 pm
mountaineerman wrote:
AppSt12 wrote:
scatman77 wrote:
AppSt12 wrote:

Great point! What if he’s right? He might have been a tad harsh in some aspects but he didn’t state anything that wasn’t pretty much true. I would not go as far to say he’s driven the program into the ground. But everything is not rainbows and butterflies either. The good news is the season will come and go and we will see!
Didn't say anything that wasn't true? You mean other than Shawn Clark did this? Or he hasn't recruited anyone and we don't have anything? Hmm... seems like there are quite a few farces in their post...
tAPPedInSports.net

pop5app

Unread post by pop5app » Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:15 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:23 pm
pop5app wrote:
mountaineerman wrote:
AppSt12 wrote:
scatman77 wrote:

Didn't say anything that wasn't true? You mean other than Shawn Clark did this? Or he hasn't recruited anyone and we don't have anything? Hmm... seems like there are quite a few farces in their post...
BOTH of you are stating an opinion. You think Shawn Clark is not the cause and he says he is. As far as recruitment, he says Shawn Clark hasn’t recruited producers you say he has recruited potential. We will see. Just because you say something is a farce does not make it so.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:15 pm

pop5app wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:15 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:23 pm
pop5app wrote:
mountaineerman wrote:
AppSt12 wrote:

BOTH of you are stating an opinion. You think Shawn Clark is not the cause and he says he is. As far as recruitment, he says Shawn Clark hasn’t recruited producers you say he has recruited potential. We will see. Just because you say something is a farce does not make it so.
Anybody with any knowledge of the program knows what happened last year has been manifesting for years. That's a fact -- not an opinion.

Anybody with common sense knows the players Clark has recruited are the highest ranked we've ever had. That's a fact -- not an opinion.

The only opinion is if those recruits will pan out. But to say Clark caused this and hasn't recruited anybody is 100% false.
tAPPedInSports.net

pop5app

Unread post by pop5app » Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:30 pm

Just because YOU say it’s a fact does not make it so. We can blame last year on everyone else all we want too. Like I said, we will see. Hope we don’t have to assign blame next year if we go 4-8. Have your opinion all you want. Seems a little childish to dismiss someone else’s opinion because it’s different than yours.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:32 pm

pop5app wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:30 pm
Just because YOU say it’s a fact does not make it so. We can blame last year on everyone else all we want too. Like I said, we will see. Hope we don’t have to assign blame next year if we go 4-8. Have your opinion all you want. Seems a little childish to dismiss someone else’s opinion because it’s different than yours.
I am not dismissing opinions. I am stating facts refuting the opinions. Big difference.

I fully expect next season to be better than last but still not as good as we are used to. 2024 is the season I expect to contend for NY6 again.
tAPPedInSports.net

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”