Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

SBC Tournament - MBB vs South Alabama

pop5app
School: Appalachian State

Re: SBC Tournament - MBB vs South Alabama

Unread post by pop5app » Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:53 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:32 pm
pop5app wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:30 pm
Just because YOU say it’s a fact does not make it so. We can blame last year on everyone else all we want too. Like I said, we will see. Hope we don’t have to assign blame next year if we go 4-8. Have your opinion all you want. Seems a little childish to dismiss someone else’s opinion because it’s different than yours.
I am not dismissing opinions. I am stating facts refuting the opinions. Big difference.

I fully expect next season to be better than last but still not as good as we are used to. 2024 is the season I expect to contend for NY6 again.

Again, just because you say they are facts does not mean they are. I hope your are right about next year. We will see.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:54 pm

pop5app wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:53 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
pop5app wrote:
Just because YOU say it’s a fact does not make it so. We can blame last year on everyone else all we want too. Like I said, we will see. Hope we don’t have to assign blame next year if we go 4-8. Have your opinion all you want. Seems a little childish to dismiss someone else’s opinion because it’s different than yours.
I am not dismissing opinions. I am stating facts refuting the opinions. Big difference.

I fully expect next season to be better than last but still not as good as we are used to. 2024 is the season I expect to contend for NY6 again.

Again, just because you say they are facts does not mean they are. I hope your are right about next year. We will see.
You're right. Just because I say the sky is blue doesn't mean it's a fact. My bad.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:37 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:54 pm
pop5app wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
pop5app wrote:

You're right. Just because I say the sky is blue doesn't mean it's a fact. My bad.
Even insiders don't have all the facts. You are still getting things that could be biased first, second, or third person opinions of situations. The number of people I've seen/heard/read about in my life that were insiders but we're still wrong on issues is a long list. Don't be so dismissive just because you think what you've heard is all the facts of a case. People are told what others want them to hear. So calm down with the high and mighty tone and just let people talk on a message board.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:07 pm

appdaze wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:37 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:54 pm
pop5app wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
pop5app wrote:

Even insiders don't have all the facts. You are still getting things that could be biased first, second, or third person opinions of situations. The number of people I've seen/heard/read about in my life that were insiders but we're still wrong on issues is a long list. Don't be so dismissive just because you think what you've heard is all the facts of a case. People are told what others want them to hear. So calm down with the high and mighty tone and just let people talk on a message board.
So it's not a fact that the top 6 ranked players that have ever played for us were recruited and signed by Clark? Dang, guess we better let all the ranking services know...

It is also a fact I was told in 2020 by Clark and Gillin that 2021 was going to be a tough year because of reasons that have been discussed too many times on here. The extra Covid year several took made that the 2022 season. But you know, I guess it's not facts I was told that. Pretty wild
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:15 pm

USA advances to the final with a 9 point win over JMU. Clearly USA is playing the best ball in the Belt over the last month.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:53 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:15 pm
pop5app wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:15 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:23 pm
pop5app wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:14 pm
mountaineerman wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:55 pm

What if 12 is right? All his points are valid .

Great point! What if he’s right? He might have been a tad harsh in some aspects but he didn’t state anything that wasn’t pretty much true. I would not go as far to say he’s driven the program into the ground. But everything is not rainbows and butterflies either. The good news is the season will come and go and we will see!
Didn't say anything that wasn't true? You mean other than Shawn Clark did this? Or he hasn't recruited anyone and we don't have anything? Hmm... seems like there are quite a few farces in their post...
BOTH of you are stating an opinion. You think Shawn Clark is not the cause and he says he is. As far as recruitment, he says Shawn Clark hasn’t recruited producers you say he has recruited potential. We will see. Just because you say something is a farce does not make it so.
Anybody with any knowledge of the program knows what happened last year has been manifesting for years. That's a fact -- not an opinion.

Anybody with common sense knows the players Clark has recruited are the highest ranked we've ever had. That's a fact -- not an opinion.

The only opinion is if those recruits will pan out. But to say Clark caused this and hasn't recruited anybody is 100% false.
This. Fans see things through the lenses that they want to see things through. There were things, and players, that simply weren’t true to what they looked to be.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:12 am

Kinda glad none of the newcomers aren't in the finals . Should be an interesting match up.Keep thinking though that we were right there with SA and just couldn't get it done.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:42 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:12 am
Kinda glad none of the newcomers aren't in the finals . Should be an interesting match up.Keep thinking though that we were right there with SA and just couldn't get it done.
Nothing against the new guys, glad they are aboard, but also glad that one of the pre-expansion schools will be the champ.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”