Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

GAME THREAD - MBB vs Texas State, Thurs 2/16 6:30pm

goapps93

Re: GAME THREAD - MBB vs Texas State, Thurs 2/16 6:30pm

Unread post by goapps93 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:29 pm

spacemonkey wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:44 pm
goapps93 wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:14 pm
Student attendance is important and certainly creates the needed atmosphere in the arena. However, student attendance brings in no additional revenue. We need folks to purchase tickets. That's tough for those of us who are 3+ hours away. For those who live west of I-85 get on up that mountain. :D
This is not aimed at you 93 but you can still buy seats and not attend. App Basketball needs the money . Or donate to a local church business or elementary/highschool to give away to students.
That is an excellent idea, spacemonkey. When my wife finds a new job after being laid off and I finish divinity school, I will consider that, especially the ticket donation idea. We need butts in seats along with the revenue. Maybe others will consider that too.
WE ARE YOSEF!

Stonewall
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by Stonewall » Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:22 pm

spacemonkey wrote:
goapps93 wrote:
Student attendance is important and certainly creates the needed atmosphere in the arena. However, student attendance brings in no additional revenue. We need folks to purchase tickets. That's tough for those of us who are 3+ hours away. For those who live west of I-85 get on up that mountain. :D
This is not aimed at you 93 but you can still buy seats and not attend. App Basketball needs the money . Or donate to a local church business or elementary/highschool to give away to students.
I buy mine every year and offer them to my crew when I don't attend for just that reason.Again , an earlier start time would benefit me and get me there most Saturdays .Weekend hotel rates are steep.

agentpaul001

Unread post by agentpaul001 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:12 am

Stonewall wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:22 pm
spacemonkey wrote:
goapps93 wrote:
I buy mine every year and offer them to my crew when I don't attend for just that reason.Again , an earlier start time would benefit me and get me there most Saturdays .Weekend hotel rates are steep.
A little earlier weekend start times would be a huge help for day trips especially with all the Charlotte alumni.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:59 pm

agentpaul001 wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:12 am
Stonewall wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:22 pm
spacemonkey wrote:
goapps93 wrote:
A little earlier weekend start times would be a huge help for day trips especially with all the Charlotte alumni.
Thanks.I hear this again and again from those "off the mountain".

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:12 am

And a little later weeknight starts. It's very difficult to make a 6:30 start. Just 30 minutes for a 7:00 start would help me out.

ArmantiWaterSafety

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:00 am

agentpaul001 wrote:
I'm sure I watch more App basketball on TV than most, but I doubt more than a handful more people from Charlotte are driving up to Boone no matter what time the game starts. 4 hours of driving to watch a 2 hour event which generates about 1% buzz on campus (as opposed to football where you feel it as soon as you pull up for a tailgate) for a .500 product is a hard sell.

agentpaul001

Unread post by agentpaul001 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:57 am

ArmantiWaterSafety wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:00 am
agentpaul001 wrote:
I'm sure I watch more App basketball on TV than most, but I doubt more than a handful more people from Charlotte are driving up to Boone no matter what time the game starts. 4 hours of driving to watch a 2 hour event which generates about 1% buzz on campus (as opposed to football where you feel it as soon as you pull up for a tailgate) for a .500 product is a hard sell.
That's fair but the drive is the same regardless of whether it's football or any other sport.

I think ultimately the program needs to blow up the current system and at least try something new. They've been going through the motions for the last twenty years with minimal adjustments. I'm not sure what a winning strategy looks like (and honestly even with a winning program I don't think that solves the attendance problems) but at this point the program shouldn't be afraid to try some drastic changes because the status quo isn't working.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:28 am

agentpaul001 wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:57 am
agentpaul001 wrote:
That's fair but the drive is the same regardless of whether it's football or any other sport.

I think ultimately the program needs to blow up the current system and at least try something new. They've been going through the motions for the last twenty years with minimal adjustments. I'm not sure what a winning strategy looks like (and honestly even with a winning program I don't think that solves the attendance problems) but at this point the program shouldn't be afraid to try some drastic changes because the status quo isn't working.
I think the idea about the drive is football is an all day event with the tailgating and gameday experience. Whereas basketball is a 2 hour event.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:51 am

A few years ago my boss let me use our company seats for a UNC basketball game v FSU. I'm not a Carolina fan per se but my wife and 2 boys made the trip, had a nice lunch, walked around the Dean Dome a bit, bought some stuff and enjoyed a good game- sweet seats as well. I agree with the football comparison. On football Saturday games you can hit Boone way before the game, walk down King, hit the shirt store, tailgate and then enjoy the game. Basketball is more of a park, watch and leave. More of a sport where the locals attend, except maybe for a Saturday afternoon game.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:08 pm

agentpaul001 wrote:
You are likely right, but I'm three hours away from Boone and would much rather leave earlier on Saturday morning to make a 1 or 2 PM game as opposed to 4PM. That is especially true in the winter months when its dark when you leave the HCC.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:27 pm

hapapp wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:08 pm
agentpaul001 wrote:
You are likely right, but I'm three hours away from Boone and would much rather leave earlier on Saturday morning to make a 1 or 2 PM game as opposed to 4PM. That is especially true in the winter months when its dark when you leave the HCC.
Exactly.Drive up in the morning,hit Comeback Shack , enjoy the game then get off the mountain before the night , and the fog sets in.Home in time for dinner....

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:30 pm

agentpaul001 wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:57 am
agentpaul001 wrote:

Disagree slightly as driving home through the mountains in January and February at night can be substantially worse .I know this to be true.Certainly it's time to try some new approaches.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”