Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Oh boy

ukappfan
School: Appalachian State

Re: Oh boy

Unread post by ukappfan » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:43 am

Luke has done a lot for App and always represents App over any school. He is not Eric Church. This doesn’t bother me.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:09 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:15 am
ah59396 wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:06 am
Not nearly as bad as that bum Eric Church prancing around on the UNC sidelines when we beat their tails in Chapel Hill. But still gross.

Our basketball program will never be anything more than an afterthought as long as a portion of our alumni exchange their black and gold for blue come January.
Until our program breaks out of mediocrity we will never get a big fan following.
Chicken and egg
YNWA

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:24 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:09 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
ah59396 wrote:
Not nearly as bad as that bum Eric Church prancing around on the UNC sidelines when we beat their tails in Chapel Hill. But still gross.

Our basketball program will never be anything more than an afterthought as long as a portion of our alumni exchange their black and gold for blue come January.
Until our program breaks out of mediocrity we will never get a big fan following.
Chicken and egg
It's really not. To start the season, support was pretty high. Student section basically full. Until the bad losses.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:38 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:24 pm
ah59396 wrote:
Rekdiver wrote:
ah59396 wrote:

Chicken and egg
It's really not. To start the season, support was pretty high. Student section basically full. Until the bad losses.
In fairness, the students haven’t really gotten back yet.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:40 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:38 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
ah59396 wrote:
Rekdiver wrote:
ah59396 wrote:

Chicken and egg
They weren't showing up any more before break
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:55 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:40 pm
AppinVA wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:38 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
ah59396 wrote:
Rekdiver wrote:

Chicken and egg
They weren't showing up any more before break
Let’s give them a chance next week.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:28 pm

The thread a little off track with bball support. Just my opinion, you are an App. St. fan for our sports overall any other school's sports or you are not. I am not a believer in that you can be a football fan of App but a basketball fan of XYZ University.

In this specific circumstance, I do not have an issue with it until he says UNC is my school for basketball and App for football. That seems to be chasing winners as opposed to a true fan of the a particular school.

I grew up a UNC fan and still pull for them when not playing App. St. in any sport. I will pull for App. St ..100% of the time.
Most fans have other schools they may pull for, wake, Dook, state, ND, etc. No concerns there from how I think of fandom.

Although anyone can pull for whatever school even if they attended App and pull for another school over App. Their choice. I just do not get it. Maybe that is just me.

Everyone has their own philosophy.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:48 pm

appdaze wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:53 am
Man, y'all gotta get over this stuff. These guys can cheer for whoever they want. I can bet almost everyone on this board has other teams they pull for. Y'all get butthurt over the silliest things.
I confess to following Dagenham and Redbridge FC in English football and have a jersey and team autographed ball. That is more than I can get from App State.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:09 pm

This reminds me, I’m going to the NC State - Clemson game with a friend next month and have no gear for the game. Does Walmart have any other options than UNC or do they just cater to their main customer base?

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:21 pm

People love or hate whoever they want. I grew up basically a Wake fan (dad went there) and nobody hated Wake as they never really won that much. I've know folks over the years who absolutely hate Duke, State or UNC and conversely love their school. Honestly I rooted for all 4 of the "Big 4" at various times over many years. I was never an ACC fan and couldn't care less if another school advanced in a tournament or playoff. I don't get the App football fan/UNC basketball fan unless you go App first. I know a guy who seems to have multiple "favorite teams " which always struck me as strange but again, whatever you want to do is your business. The anti-UNC stuff posted here is somewhat funny but sometimes it gets a bit ridiculous.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:29 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:21 pm
People love or hate whoever they want. I grew up basically a Wake fan (dad went there) and nobody hated Wake as they never really won that much. I've know folks over the years who absolutely hate Duke, State or UNC and conversely love their school. Honestly I rooted for all 4 of the "Big 4" at various times over many years. I was never an ACC fan and couldn't care less if another school advanced in a tournament or playoff. I don't get the App football fan/UNC basketball fan unless you go App first. I know a guy who seems to have multiple "favorite teams " which always struck me as strange but again, whatever you want to do is your business. The anti-UNC stuff posted here is somewhat funny but sometimes it gets a bit ridiculous.
Ridiculously funny!

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:50 pm

Because of friends/acquaintances working at other schools I have several teams I pull for BUT APP is the only one I pledge money to.
Bring Your A Game!

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:53 pm

ASUTodd wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:33 am
Hey may bleed back and gold.... But the unpardonable sin, in my book, is associating yourself with anything UNC. Folks on this board that have UNC gear...dead to me.... Celebs that cheer for UNC ...dead to me.... Celebs that take pics with UNC athletes.... Dead to me.... It's a hatred that runs deep deep deep in my family. So it's all in good fun but these pics remind me of the girlfriend that says she didn't cheat on the boyfriend because it was oral only....
You telling me you wouldn’t take a picture with Michael Jordan if given the chance???

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:22 pm

As for myself, I might would but not because he is a UNC grad. Rather have one with Phil Ford if I had to choose.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Cro-Magnon App

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:45 am

I pulled for some other team. The Washington Redskins - Sonny Jurgenson and Charley Taylor were the stuff! And the Baltimore Colts - The Golden Arm and Jimmy Orr and John Mackey. Never knew much about ASU until I went there and earned two degrees and the mountain culture became ingrained in me. GO APPS!!

ASUFan4863

Unread post by ASUFan4863 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:56 am

When you grow up in a non-App State Alumni household (like many of us) you grow up as either a UNC, Duke or Nc State fan. It’s that simple. It is easy to root for app state football and then another basketball team because our team has *historically* not been good. Our athletics department does not do enough to support the basketball program and promote attendance for people within the High country. I grew up as a UNC basketball fan and am confident in saying I am now an App State basketball fan. However, that isn’t an easy transition when there hasn’t been much to root for and most games are on ESPN+. Hopefully our basketball program can continue their upward trajectory to convert many other App-UNC cohorts. I fault no person for rooting for UNC basketball but it does feel a little bandwagony.

CoachRob

Unread post by CoachRob » Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:52 pm

huskie3 wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:50 pm
Because of friends/acquaintances working at other schools I have several teams I pull for BUT APP is the only one I pledge money to.
I feel that's the key. Who cares if App fans also pull for Carolina, State, or Dook when App isn't playing, or fans of other G5 schools. Only time it is a problem is when as an App fan, you give more money/buys tickets ect to those P5 programs than you do to App.

In the grand scheme of things, other than money, it matters jack squat to the program if an App fan turns on ESPN and pulls for Carolina, or goes to walmart and buys a Dook shirt, or takes a picture with a national brand team like either UNC or Dook. Getting upset by something as trivial as this is the definition of 1st world problems.

AppDub

Unread post by AppDub » Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:48 pm

MrCraig wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:53 pm
ASUTodd wrote:
Hey may bleed back and gold.... But the unpardonable sin, in my book, is associating yourself with anything UNC. Folks on this board that have UNC gear...dead to me.... Celebs that cheer for UNC ...dead to me.... Celebs that take pics with UNC athletes.... Dead to me.... It's a hatred that runs deep deep deep in my family. So it's all in good fun but these pics remind me of the girlfriend that says she didn't cheat on the boyfriend because it was oral only....
You telling me you wouldn’t take a picture with Michael Jordan if given the chance???
Heck yeah, I'd just be rocking my Appstate Gear.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:53 pm

AppDub wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:48 pm
MrCraig wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:53 pm
ASUTodd wrote:
Heck yeah, I'd just be rocking my Appstate Gear.
Well that is kind of what I did many years ago...sort of... after State won Natty in 1983. Valvano did a sponsored trip to various Hardee's in NC.. a basic celebration tour...Jacksonville NC was one of the stops. I showed up in my Tarheel Tshirt. He gave me a hard time about it in a joking manner. Got my picture on the front of the sports page in the Jacksonville Daily News. 😂😂
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:30 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Did that actually happen? Not saying you're wrong, but I don't remember it. Feels like I would have heard a lot of talk about it given how much our message boards light up during the thousand other times he's been spotted cheering for UNC against teams besides App.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”